No announcement yet.

Court Rules That Medical Marijuana Card Holders Can't Buy Firearms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    I went to the gun range high as a kite one day. Despite me thinking I was super focused, I could not hit **** that day.

These medical marijuana cards feel like a giant scam for doctors and dispensaries.
    I agree with you jreck, charging patients $200 a year to renew their card is a sham. At least that's the price in MA. Plus the $50 gov. renewal. Ma has recreational weed now. Same dam thing, same price.

Comment

Can you buy guns if you consume alcohol? Seems like if you came up with a alcohol self medicating card people had to apply for to drink at a bar or buy alcohol you could weed out the gun problem lol.

This seems like some bs law to counter people using weed. Probably budweiser is behind this even being a thing.

Comment

Stupid law.
        Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
          A better law would be: if you get a DUI you can't buy a gun. Drunks are 10x more dangerous than stoners.
          Agree. How is alcohol related criminal charges on your record not weeding you out as a gun owner already. That's seems like a legit reason to deny people a gun. If you can drink & not cause problems fair play to you. But if not no gun for you Mr Crazy.

Comment

What about recreational weed? I haven't bought any, don't know if you have to register, (that would be dumb) would that be an atuo-exempt for a gun license? Is it just for medical?

Are they going to treat it by same rules as booze? you just need proof of age? Like a drivers license or state ID?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              "The court ruled 3-0 on Wednesday that a ban preventing medical marijuana card holders from purchasing firearms is not in violation of the Second Amendment"

How exactly is that not a violation of the 2nd Amendment?
              I’m anti-gun as the next Mass liberal but this is a clear violation of the 2nd ‘mendment and unconstitutional.

Also, I was thinking about get a medi-marijuana card in MA years ago but I was hesitant because I knew that my personal info would be saved in some government database. This is why you have a healthy skepticism of government
              Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

This isnt new

Comment

I wonder how the fact that she is a weed card holder got shared with the feds?

I assume there is a question on the application ?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    "The court ruled 3-0 on Wednesday that a ban preventing medical marijuana card holders from purchasing firearms is not in violation of the Second Amendment"

How exactly is that not a violation of the 2nd Amendment?
                    Because weed is illegal at the federal level. Go read the whole passage.

i like this little snag though because one of those rules will soon be put out to pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      I’m anti-gun as the next Mass liberal but this is a clear violation of the 2nd ‘mendment and unconstitutional.

Also, I was thinking about get a medi-marijuana card in MA years ago but I was hesitant because I knew that my personal info would be saved in some government database. This is why you have a healthy skepticism of government
                      Red - why you anti-gun for?

Comment

Working...
                      X