Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP me pick out a laptop! Any tech savvy people on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP me pick out a laptop! Any tech savvy people on here?

I need a new laptop my old one is done, sooooo slow.

I bought it five years ago, this is my old one:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 15.6-inch Laptop - Dark Chocolate (Intel Core i5 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

I know little about computers, light reading has told me that to get SSD instead of HDD as makes computer faster and also get at least 8GB RAM.

I only use my laptop for streaming boxing, watching netflix, watching videos, watching ****. Thats it.

These are the ones that I have found that im looking at:

DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 Laptop - 256 GB SSD, 8GB RAM, RADEON VEGA graphics Silver
    https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...90038-pdt.html

This is one that i looked at, is this an upgrade to my current one?

one thing i noticed is that not many laptops come with dvd drives anymore.

If you can afford a Mac, that's what I'd suggest.

Comment

Microsoft Surface Laptop

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 15.6-inch Laptop - Dark Chocolate (Intel Core i5 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

I know little about computers, light reading has told me that to get SSD instead of HDD as makes computer faster and also get at least 8GB RAM.

I only use my laptop for streaming boxing, watching netflix, watching videos, watching ****. Thats it.

DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 Laptop - 256 GB SSD, 8GB RAM, RADEON VEGA graphics Silver

Depends on what you want... truly. heres what I do: I go to computer Depo
        https://discountcomputerdepot.com/

and I get whatever I want refurbished and at a quarter or less of the price. I buy a lot of Panasonic toughbooks they are reliable and slow... But you can get what you want there...

I don't buy new computers because I don't see the value. I also don't buy macs, just not worth it for me... I just buy fast and refurbished...

I also have luck with HP I have this HP stream that is cheap cheap cheap small and somewhat durable...

Good luck.

Comment

I bought this one many years ago, still going strong.

But it was at $349.99 when I bought it

Comment

It depends on what you’re going to use it for. Gaming? Business? Not much?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post

I'm an expert.

What is your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

I bought this one many years ago, still going strong.

But it was at $349.99 when I bought it
                so its years old tech yet its gone up in price ?

yeah thats a terrible recommendation

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Depends on what you want... truly. heres what I do: I go to computer Depo
                  https://discountcomputerdepot.com/

and I get whatever I want refurbished and at a quarter or less of the price. I buy a lot of Panasonic toughbooks they are reliable and slow... But you can get what you want there...

I don't buy new computers because I don't see the value. I also don't buy macs, just not worth it for me... I just buy fast and refurbished...

I also have luck with HP I have this HP stream that is cheap cheap cheap small and somewhat durable...

Good luck.
                  That's a good idea for a second knock around computer. I took a look and prices look great. Nothing top of the line, but that is not their forte.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                    so its years old tech yet its gone up in price ?

yeah thats a terrible recommendation
                    You're right.

BUT!

Look at the bottom of the image in the center, new model is cheaper

Comment

Working...
                    X