Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP me pick out a laptop! Any tech savvy people on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Could one of you tech savy individuals explain the difference? Im curious.

I have a 5 year old laptop, which had a 480GB HDD. I've factory reset it several times and kept it in generally very good condition in that time. Alas, with age it slowed down a lot, in the end the startup would take anywhere from 4 to 15 minutes. I stuck an SSD in it and the startup is now literally about 3 seconds to login screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
      I need a new laptop my old one is done, sooooo slow.

I bought it five years ago, this is my old one:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 15.6-inch Laptop - Dark Chocolate (Intel Core i5 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

I know little about computers, light reading has told me that to get SSD instead of HDD as makes computer faster and also get at least 8GB RAM.

I only use my laptop for streaming boxing, watching netflix, watching videos, watching ****. Thats it.

These are the ones that I have found that im looking at:

DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 Laptop - 256 GB SSD, 8GB RAM, RADEON VEGA graphics Silver
      https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...90038-pdt.html

This is one that i looked at, is this an upgrade to my current one?

one thing i noticed is that not many laptops come with dvd drives anymore.
      Your old Laptop is probably completely fixable for little or no money. You never responded to any of the recommendations in your previous thread about it. Did you try any of the recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post

I have a 5 year old laptop, which had a 480GB HDD. I've factory reset it several times and kept it in generally very good condition in that time. Alas, with age it slowed down a lot, in the end the startup would take anywhere from 4 to 15 minutes. I stuck an SSD in it and the startup is now literally about 3 seconds to login screen.
        Great! Thanks, Never knew what this was. and they are interchangable also, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Your old Laptop is probably completely fixable for little or no money. You never responded to any of the recommendations in your previous thread about it. Did you try any of the recommendations?
          I only tried reinstalling my graphics card and that didn’t work. I need a new laptop anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
            I need a new laptop my old one is done, sooooo slow.

I bought it five years ago, this is my old one:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 15.6-inch Laptop - Dark Chocolate (Intel Core i5 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

I know little about computers, light reading has told me that to get SSD instead of HDD as makes computer faster and also get at least 8GB RAM.

I only use my laptop for streaming boxing, watching netflix, watching videos, watching ****. Thats it.

These are the ones that I have found that im looking at:

DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6" AMD Ryzen 5 Laptop - 256 GB SSD, 8GB RAM, RADEON VEGA graphics Silver
            https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...90038-pdt.html

This is one that i looked at, is this an upgrade to my current one?

one thing i noticed is that not many laptops come with dvd drives anymore.
            Just go for the MacBook bro. I used to use these Microsoft things then went MacBook, never regretted it.

Comment

Working...
            X