No announcement yet.

Who Watches Baseball Around Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    The saddest thing about the Angels is that they’re keeping Trout hostage for 12 more years, $430 million dollars in the biggest American sports contract ever. The best player of this generation will never have a WS ring on his finger with that team.
    Id rather spend and build around Trout than what Yankees did with Alex Rodriguez...

Halos bruh!! Im gonna wear my all black angels hat tomorrow.

Im drunk right now I hope i make sense

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Looking for a new sport to watch this year..... thinking of following either the Diamondbacks or the Marlins through the rest of the season and seeing if it sticks. What's everyone's opinion of these teams? I have no clue.

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon of the best team out there, but don't want to follow the absolute worst one either.
      - -Grew up playing, watching, and even published a 113th year anniversary tribute to all the good, bad, and ugly history of the MLB and relevant players.

What is being played today ain't baseball, but rather akin to fantasy baseball which will soon supersede baseball if it ain't already.

Sad that, but the inferior players of today richer than ever, so been near 20 yrs since I've watched it. No Nfl that has gone the same route either.

Just boxing, and increasingly the suits are making that unpalatable too...only in boxing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Id rather spend and build around Trout than what Yankees did with Alex Rodriguez...

Halos bruh!! Im gonna wear my all black angels hat tomorrow.

Im drunk right now I hope i make sense
        Yankees won a World Series with A-Rod though.

Comment

Angels don't really have a bad team, even though they're second to last in the AL West. They need Ohtani to come back. They also need to go after younger players next time.

Signing Pujols at his peak, for 10 years (2012-2022, 32 years old to 42 years old), was a mistake but they were desperate to get those final few peak years from him and maybe win a WS. Desperate enough to sign him beyond his peak years, into the twilight of his career, his past prime years. Now at 39 years old and 3 more years, $87 million more to go, the Angels could not afford to sign another young, big time bat like Bryce Harper or Manny Machado, or a big pitcher like Patrick Corbin.

Angels have to build their farm system and look to sign young players.

Yankees are crippled to death, with a lineup of 'no name' minor leaguers almost from top to bottom but they're still 2nd place because their farm system is holding it down as well as they can vs full blown MLB teams. Yankees are 2nd place in their division with essentially a minor league team and guys who were just a couple of years removed from being rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Grew up playing, watching, and even published a 113th year anniversary tribute to all the good, bad, and ugly history of the MLB and relevant players.

What is being played today ain't baseball, but rather akin to fantasy baseball which will soon supersede baseball if it ain't already.

Sad that, but the inferior players of today richer than ever, so been near 20 yrs since I've watched it. No Nfl that has gone the same route either.

Just boxing, and increasingly the suits are making that unpalatable too...only in boxing!!!
            Indgule me, as I have no clue... how is this not baseball?

Comment

Working...
            X