No announcement yet.

Who Watches Baseball Around Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Watches Baseball Around Here?

Looking for a new sport to watch this year..... thinking of following either the Diamondbacks or the Marlins through the rest of the season and seeing if it sticks. What's everyone's opinion of these teams? I have no clue.

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon of the best team out there, but don't want to follow the absolute worst one either.

I watch and follow the Yanks.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Looking for a new sport to watch this year..... thinking of following either the Diamondbacks or the Marlins through the rest of the season and seeing if it sticks. What's everyone's opinion of these teams? I have no clue.

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon of the best team out there, but don't want to follow the absolute worst one either.
      Pick cubs and you can catch their games on WGN.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

i will pick Braves but i am gonna have to find streams on line. That's the only ball park i have been to.

Comment

Go Chicago White Sox !

Comment

Baseball is my favorite sport, always has been. I'm old enough to have seen Micky Mantle and Yogi Berra hit home runs in the real Yankee Stadium.

If you don't have a home team to cheer on, and want to watch examples of good babseball, then pick the best teams and watch those teams play. Best teams at the moment are Houston Astros, LA Dodgers, Tampa Bay Rays, Minnesota Twins and the Philadelphia Phillies. The Boston Red Sox were the best team last year (won the World Series easily vs the Dodgers) but are not playing very good ball at the moment.

The Marlins are pitiful...do not watch unless you live in Miami and want a home team. The Diamondbacks aren't bad, sort of a second tier team.

All teams have tv deals which makes it hard to watch games for free. The MLB app is free and they usually have one free game per day but it may not be the teams you like. I think a years subscription to MLB costs around $120 and you can watch every game EXCEPT FOR TEAMS IN YOUR GEOGRAPHIC AREA because as I said they have their own tv deals. For example I live inDallas znd can't get the Rangers games on MLB even with a subscription.

Finally....you dont get playoff or World Series games with a MLB subscription. The playoff games are on different channels like TBS and I think Fox sports. The World Series is on real free tv. NBC I think.

Comment

Follow the Dodgers. The teams is breaking all sorts of records this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                Baseball is my favorite sport, always has been. I'm old enough to have seen Micky Mantle and Yogi Berra hit home runs in the real Yankee Stadium.

If you don't have a home team to cheer on, and want to watch examples of good babseball, then pick the best teams and watch those teams play. Best teams at the moment are Houston Astros, LA Dodgers, Tampa Bay Rays, Minnesota Twins and the Philadelphia Phillies. The Boston Red Sox were the best team last year (won the World Series easily vs the Dodgers) but are not playing very good ball at the moment.

The Marlins are pitiful...do not watch unless you live in Miami and want a home team. The Diamondbacks aren't bad, sort of a second tier team.

All teams have tv deals which makes it hard to watch games for free. The MLB app is free and they usually have one free game per day but it may not be the teams you like. I think a years subscription to MLB costs around $120 and you can watch every game EXCEPT FOR TEAMS IN YOUR GEOGRAPHIC AREA because as I said they have their own tv deals. For example I live inDallas znd can't get the Rangers games on MLB even with a subscription.

Finally....you dont get playoff or World Series games with a MLB subscription. The playoff games are on different channels like TBS and I think Fox sports. The World Series is on real free tv. NBC I think.
                Thanks for the reply and info, bro. I live in Oklahoma and we have a local minor league time, the Tulsa Drillers, but nothing pro. My sister lives in Phoenix and I visit there a lot, which is why I was leaning towards the Diamondbacks. I just like the Marlins name/logo. The closest team to me is the KC Royals, but it's been bandwagon mania for them the past three-four years around here and I'm already tired of it.

Was planning on just streaming the games. Reddit's mlbstreams subreddit will more than accommodate me... currently watching the Diamondbacks-Yankees game.

Comment

havent missed a sox game in over 2 decades.

Comment

I follow the Rangers and keep up with the sport. You're in Oklahoma I saw, I think you'd get their games on your cable/Directv package if you got that.

Rangers are in rebuilding mode but they should be in contention in the next year or so. They generate plenty of offense it's just that their bullpen is trash.

Comment

Working...
                    X