Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgotten Music Groups Who Released A Bunch Of Classics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenny Kravitz had a string of hits through the 90s and then just fizzled from the American music scene.

Billy Joel was huge during the 70s and 80s, hit after hit. I rarely hear any of his songs over the radio today. The Spinners were hot during the entire decade of the 70s.

Certain groups were hot during the decade their respective genre was popular. If you have Sirius/XM there are stations dedicated to genre/decade/artists, etc. I can't listen to regular radio any more, it's awful.

Today's artists are cranking out top hits at a staggering rate, mostly because the Top 40 pop genre has grown while other genres are shrinking. Top artists no longer get pigeon-holed into a genre, they are all part of these ****genized sound today which is a bunch of auto-tuned shyt for the most part. Consider this, Kanye West has more top 40 hits than Michael Jackson--Drake is tied for top ten hits with Elvis. That's where we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      When I think of forgotten, I think of bands who are rarely talked about or played despite being big in their respective genres at some point or another. T-Rex. The Damned. Gheto Boys. John Prine. Macy Gray. Bobby Bare. I would say Leonard Cohen, but after he passed suddenly everyone knew who Leonard Cohen was...
      The Damned are still kicking it actually. I saw them few years ago and I know they are coming back through the US this year. Good show.

T Rex I am surprised weren’t/aren’t bigger here besides bang a gong. Mark Boland was the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Parliament and Funkadelic are two of my all time favorites. I’m going to see George Clinton and this carnation of PFunk on his final tour next month. He’s finally hanging them up. Well at least from the road. I’m sure he’ll still be doing stuff in the studio

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
          I met my maker and i made him cry

I used to hate watching this music video when i was young cos the animations made me feel uneasy.
          I heard Noel Gallagher has a successful solo career now. His band was on Carson Daly not too long ago.

Comment

Smashing Pumpkins and Presidents of the United States of America.

Comment

I live in Canada so it might be different in the US.

How often do you hear Hendrix on the radio?? Probably rarely or never.

How about Sly and The Family Stone..

Blue Oyster Cult

Eurythmics

Earth Wind And Fire

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                The Damned are still kicking it actually. I saw them few years ago and I know they are coming back through the US this year. Good show.

T Rex I am surprised weren’t/aren’t bigger here besides bang a gong. Mark Boland was the ****.
                I saw T Rex in Calgary many years ago. It didn't go well for them. Blue Oyster Cult opened and the crowd went crazy. By the time T Rex came on the crowd was drained and kind of subdued. Great concert though.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 04-30-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X