No announcement yet.

the Official "My Hood has the highest homicide Rate" thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    MAN do you live in a warzone or is this just normal in parts of the USA.
    Fortunately for me I've never heard or been near any illegal gunfire in my neighbourhood.
    I suppose if everyone were armed up it would make life abit more interesting but I wouldn't want my kids growing up around stuff like that.
    its not quite as dangerous as one thinks but you do have to know how to operate. Reminds me...As I am in San Francisco, and I am not too far from an area known as the Western Addition, which has some aspects of the same situation.

So I was with my youngest and trying to teach him about "that life" ha ha... I am a good sized white guy and my sons are thin lol... and we pass this pizza place with a whole bunch of Black kids from the projects in the Lower Haight area. So I want to teach my kid a lesson... I tell him "come on lets get some pizza" he looks at me like I have plum lost it. I persist and I guess he figures he can always run lol...

So we go into the pizza place with all the kids there and as I enter I say "hey guys whats up nice to see you" now I can see my son is praying like "oh no he didnt!!!!! why didn't he squeak up there !!!!" We get our pizza I say goodbye and leave....

Heres the thing: I know those projects. I know from teaching High school about the kids in the Western Addition and on 3rd Street... I know from many experiences if you don't try to act like you are scared of something. If you don't act disrespectfully, if you don't do stupid things... you will not have a problem. I also know (used to break my heart) that the hardest of them could use a little positive attention. Being looked at like a kid.

My point is and I want to say this very carefully.... When I call the Hood a jungle, I mean that it is a jungle MORE SO... for the kids that live there. These kids get shot, or beat down when they make a mistake that I might get a pass on. But whether it is I, or one of those kids eating pizza that day, everyone has to be aware and know how to comport oneself.

Once you know this you see there are rules and then you can know when not to do certain things, or go certain places...Like I knew years ago? in those projects? in the evening they would set up to mug people. You had to know that or you would get mugged lol.

The USA is indeed one of the most violent societies...without a doubt. But taking people's guns away, asking people to use cute names for people who want to use different bathrooms will not change the violence. Its in the blood here!
    Last edited by billeau2; 05-02-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I feel safe in the Philippines, Makati is super fun, and even the scam guys got weak weak game. Mexico, some parts, are really bad.
      there's no more Philippines. it's already a province of CHina.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
        what kind of people are there usually on the hood? the basketball people? always wonder why they can't act and think right.
        I would like others to chime because actually there are a lot of different situations. I grew up next to the Bronx and my dad and I would walk to Yankee stadium through the South Bronx when it was really rough. To lot of people the Bronx at that time, was the bad hood! You could get lost, go for miles and miles and see nothing but stray dogs and Ricans pissing in the street lol.

BUT when I took a greyhound bus out to Los Angeles, to see what the rest of the world outside New York looked like? I arrived in downtown La: And it was the SCARIEST place I had ever seen! there were messicans fighting with knives in the street! junkies everywhere, trash, creepy geezers, it actually scared the 5hit out of me lol!

And...when people talk about Compton, Oakland, etc? these areas have bad crime but are solid middle class areas. You might not even be aware that Oakland is next to Memphis and Baltimore for Homicide. So there are all kinds of hoods really. Projects are interesting also. In New York they go high up...Used to have Elevator fights with guys in the projects lol. You both take the elevator up and set it for the first floor and bang it out until the door opens.

But in Oakland for example? the projects don;t look too bad there is just one problem: there is only one way in and out... You blast your way in you best have the resources to blast your way out!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Before jhonny and his posse got locked up, he loved the action. Kids shouldn’t have to grow up like that.
          Brother Z! I am back in San Francisco lol. Still no True Fan I might stop waiting one of these days!!

Seriously your story of Tokyo reminds me of when I lived in Toronto. The wife and I wanted to live somewhere and found this sweet little area. I was then told "you can't live there!!! it has.....
          (are you ready for this?) PROSTITUTES!!!!!" Lol.

We get there and realize we have no bed, so we go down the strip with the dangerous prostitutes (lol) and find these two Jamaican guys with a bed shop called heavenly rest. These two guys load the thing up, high on Ganja, as they take off their back door is open and mattresses are about to fall out. It was hillarious. The guys were nice guys, Nigel and Henry, something like that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            I would like others to chime because actually there are a lot of different situations. I grew up next to the Bronx and my dad and I would walk to Yankee stadium through the South Bronx when it was really rough. To lot of people the Bronx at that time, was the bad hood! You could get lost, go for miles and miles and see nothing but stray dogs and Ricans pissing in the street lol.

BUT when I took a greyhound bus out to Los Angeles, to see what the rest of the world outside New York looked like? I arrived in downtown La: And it was the SCARIEST place I had ever seen! there were messicans fighting with knives in the street! junkies everywhere, trash, creepy geezers, it actually scared the 5hit out of me lol!

And...when people talk about Compton, Oakland, etc? these areas have bad crime but are solid middle class areas. You might not even be aware that Oakland is next to Memphis and Baltimore for Homicide. So there are all kinds of hoods really. Projects are interesting also. In New York they go high up...Used to have Elevator fights with guys in the projects lol. You both take the elevator up and set it for the first floor and bang it out until the door opens.

But in Oakland for example? the projects don;t look too bad there is just one problem: there is only one way in and out... You blast your way in you best have the resources to blast your way out!
            cool story. mexicans and blacks should duke it out.

Comment

its not quite as dangerous as one thinks but you do have to know how to operate. Reminds me...As I am in San Francisco, and I am not too far from an area known as the Western Addition, which has some aspects of the same situation.

So I was with my youngest and trying to teach him about "that life" ha ha... I am a good sized white guy and my sons are thin lol... and we pass this pizza place with a whole bunch of Black kids from the projects in the Lower Haight area. So I want to teach my kid a lesson... I tell him "come on lets get some pizza" he looks at me like I have plum lost it. I persist and I guess he figures he can always run lol...

So we go into the pizza place with all the kids there and as I enter I say "hey guys whats up nice to see you" now I can see my son is praying like "oh no he didnt!!!!! why didn't he squeak up there !!!!" We get our pizza I say goodbye and leave....

Heres the thing: I know those projects. I know from teaching High school about the kids in the Western Addition and on 3rd Street... I know from many experiences if you don't try to act like you are scared of something. If you don't act disrespectfully, if you don't do stupid things... you will not have a problem. I also know (used to break my heart) that the hardest of them could use a little positive attention. Being looked at like a kid.

My point is and I want to say this very carefully.... When I call the Hood a jungle, I mean that it is a jungle MORE SO... for the kids that live there. These kids get shot, or beat down when they make a mistake that I might get a pass on. But whether it is I, or one of those kids eating pizza that day, everyone has to be aware and know how to comport oneself.

Once you know this you see there are rules and then you can know when not to do certain things, or go certain places...Like I knew years ago? in those projects? in the evening they would set up to mug people. You had to know that or you would get mugged lol.

The USA is indeed one of the most violent societies...without a doubt. But taking people's guns away, asking people to use cute names for people who want to use different bathrooms will not change the violence. Its in the blood here!
              Cool story bro.
              I guess respect is a language that everyone likes.

Comment

"Hood" has changed from when I was an actual knuckle head.

I changed in probably one year from happy go lucky white boy time, to being around actual killers. It happened that quick. Crack, pcp, crank. Old Sacramento street gangs that eventually clicked up with black LA gangs, NF/Norteno ****. People that I played Pop Warner and Little League with getting shot at because their family member is from a rival neighborhood that wasn't even 5 miles away.

Lost some very close people. No tattoos or t-shirts.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
                  there's no more Philippines. it's already a province of CHina.
                  Yeah, I've been noticing this ^^*^ exact situation.
                  The Filipino-Chinese (0ver seas Chinese) must be really happy.
                  You know Chinese people in the Philippines control a lot of business already, especially Shabu!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    "Hood" has changed from when I was an actual knuckle head.

I changed in probably one year from happy go lucky white boy time, to being around actual killers. It happened that quick. Crack, pcp, crank. Old Sacramento street gangs that eventually clicked up with black LA gangs, NF/Norteno ****. People that I played Pop Warner and Little League with getting shot at because their family member is from a rival neighborhood that wasn't even 5 miles away.

Lost some very close people. No tattoos or t-shirts.

It is what it is.
                    Years ago, when I was back in Cali moving outta Palmas in ESSJ, I took in two younger homies who were down as fvk, NF/nortenos, fresh out of the pen. I was told to keep them safe, and they stayed with me as I fixed up my moms house to rent out.

These guys were stone cold, and didn't give a Fk about much. I won't go into details, but they brought havoc on a level not often seen these days. They were solid and loved the action.
                    Last edited by Zaroku; 05-03-2019, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Brother Z! I am back in San Francisco lol. Still no True Fan I might stop waiting one of these days!!

Seriously your story of Tokyo reminds me of when I lived in Toronto. The wife and I wanted to live somewhere and found this sweet little area. I was then told "you can't live there!!! it has.....
                      (are you ready for this?) PROSTITUTES!!!!!" Lol.

We get there and realize we have no bed, so we go down the strip with the dangerous prostitutes (lol) and find these two Jamaican guys with a bed shop called heavenly rest. These two guys load the thing up, high on Ganja, as they take off their back door is open and mattresses are about to fall out. It was hillarious. The guys were nice guys, Nigel and Henry, something like that lol.
                      Bro, it's good to catch up with you always. Tru Fan is still listening to gangster rap, wearing his hoodie, and driving his girl friends Hyundai.

Tokyo is super safe, but when I was living in the tenderloin for half a year, I used to walk in and out of that chitty wedge of nowhere talking to myself like a crazy person. A few times a fool or two would step towards me, but I'd let them know where I was staying, and why, or they'd ask if I was the popo, and I'd say "test me and find out son, I got what you need!"

Tokyo is safe, but ceappy Mexican food.

Comment

Working...
                      X