No announcement yet.

How long should a LAPTOP last you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    He said an apple laptop would last twice as long. They use the same components, so he is talking BS. You understand now?
    Like I said, the OS on a MacBook better utilizes its components. The best analogy to give is, all things being equal, you have one car running at wide open throttle all the time and one car running sensibly most of the time, the car running sensibly is going to be the one that will last twice as long.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
      Like I said, the OS on a MacBook better utilizes its components. The best analogy to give is, all things being equal, you have one car running at wide open throttle all the time and one car running sensibly most of the time, the car running sensibly is going to be the one that will last twice as long.
      You're talking absolute nonsense. At idle windows doesn't use anymore system resources than mac os. Clown.

Comment

Maybe the Mac is idle more with far less programs and games available to run.

Comment

A “business” laptop should last a minimum of 3 years as the hardware is of far higher quality

Lucky to get more than a couple of years out of lower spec models if you’re a heavy user

Comment

If you buy consumer grade crap around 2 years it will start to fall apart if not earlier. If you buy enterprise level pricier type of stuff 4 years + easy. I still have my Precision M6600 (thing was a hefty beast) in use in my house. Still kicking Chrome's butt no hiccups. Of course by now the battery is basically 20 minutes, but I wont bother replacing it since I use it as a media center.

Comment

I've wrecked laptops in a year but my current one is going after like 3+ years, it's got a heating issue, laptops now aren't able to be taken apart either which makes it so if you get like hair and **** stuck in em, they will overheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                You're talking absolute nonsense. At idle windows doesn't use anymore system resources than mac os. Clown.
                Lol why the name calling. That’s just how it is with Mac vs Windows. It is okay if you disagree or don’t understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
                  Lol why the name calling. That’s just how it is with Mac vs Windows. It is okay if you disagree or don’t understand.
                  Because i don't like lies and nonsense, especially when you try to fool me with it.

Comment

I'm happy if I can get to 5 years.

Comment

they will last for a while, you just need new parts every 5 years or so. my brother has had his since 1971.

Comment

Working...
                      X