No announcement yet.

So GDP growth for 2018 was 2.9%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Jim says next year it will hit the 3% mark, what do you think?
    I honestly don’t know given the pending recession. Some days it looks like the momentum is slowing down then other days you get the sense their could be expansion.

I think it comes down to the infrastructure moves Trump is looking at. If you can fix some airports, highways and railroads then you can easily see an expansion in business that could lead to gdp growth above 3%.

Trump just seems too toxic and dishonest to get anything accomplished when it requires partnership among the parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
      GDP is an outdated metric anyway. Even the guy who invented it thinks it's a terrible metric to measure progress.
      Its outdated. The internet + the less manufacturing has made GDP an incorrect gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
        "Historical unemployment" "booming economy", but yet only 2.9% GDP? These right wing trumpy cheerleaders are hilarious
        2.9% is booming when you're just 2 years removed from 8 years of sub 2% growth.

Think about that. Your guy had 8 years and couldnt beat 2%. Trump beat that his first year.

The bigger question is why your guy couldnt break 2%.

And please, don't use my nomenclature. It's annoying, and indicates a hero worship mentality. I'm not here to be trendsetter for the NPC crowd.

Be you, be yourself. But dont try and be like a son idolizing his father.

I've already found one son here. Please dont let me find out I've discovered yet another one...

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
          "Historical unemployment" "booming economy", but yet only 2.9% GDP? These right wing trumpy cheerleaders are hilarious
          Yes, we are seeing historical lows in minority unemployment rates.

That's damn good news, especially for the minority workers getting those jobs.

Is that a problem to you???

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I honestly don’t know given the pending recession. Some days it looks like the momentum is slowing down then other days you get the sense their could be expansion.

I think it comes down to the infrastructure moves Trump is looking at. If you can fix some airports, highways and railroads then you can easily see an expansion in business that could lead to gdp growth above 3%.

Trump just seems too toxic and dishonest to get anything accomplished when it requires partnership among the parties.

That part is not so much up to him as it is to both chambers of congress, the House and Senate. He can't use his executive powers to declare a trillion dollar infrastructure bill, that has to be agreed on between cocaine Mitch, Pelosi, and Shumer. Trump just signs the final document that makes it to his desk.

As for Trump being to toxic to get anything done, thats a bunch of bullsh|t he signed the prison reform bill, the people who are toxic are Democrats who will be terrified of making any deal with Trump in the next 2 years, out of fear of losing even an inch of support among their base for working with Trump especially come 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Most D superfans are that way.

Part of it is their belief in "zero sum Economics". People who believe that foolishness dont grasp that an economy actually grows and creates wealth, but instead stick to the flawed belief that wealth is never created, so if one person makes more money that means someone else lost money.

They don't understand the concept of 'a rising tide lifts all boats' that JFK famously spoke of.

As a result, much of their anger and frustration is misdirected due to their own ignorance.
              That's exactly what happens. Trickle down economics is a pipe dream, keeping the lower classes tamed. Money isn't even a real thing of value. All this is a way to borderline force people to do things they don't want to do. When someone gets more of that money/power, they get it from others who give it up.

Economies expand, sure, but they expand at the expense (literally) of other people. Apple's doing good today? How about Nike? Yeah? That's because there's a bunch of slaves in China and Africa whom have had even their own liberty taken away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                That part is not so much up to him as it is to both chambers of congress, the House and Senate. He can't use his executive powers to declare a trillion dollar infrastructure bill, that has to be agreed on between cocaine Mitch, Pelosi, and Shumer. Trump just signs the final document that makes it to his desk.

As for Trump being to toxic to get anything done, thats a bunch of bullsh|t he signed the prison reform bill, the people who are toxic are Democrats who will be terrified of making any deal with Trump in the next 2 years, out of fear of losing even an inch of support among their base for working with Trump especially come 2020.
                Jim please don’t post silly stuff that isn’t honest. Trump is toxic because of his behavior and the things he says. Take for example this past weekend at CPAC. He was completely unhinged and at times embarrassing.

It’s fine that you like Trump and his agenda but at least be a decent human being and stop blaming his shortcomings on others not being tolerant enough or unwilling to work with him out of spite or pettiness.

He is toxic. His personality. His lack of integrity and honesty. His racism. He can’t even unify the country around the border security issue because he insists on lying and framing it as a “bad brown people coming to hurt you”.

Come on dude.

Comment

Jim please don’t post silly stuff that isn’t honest. Trump is toxic because of his behavior and the things he says. Take for example this past weekend at CPAC. He was completely unhinged and at times embarrassing.

It’s fine that you like Trump and his agenda but at least be a decent human being and stop blaming his shortcomings on others not being tolerant enough or unwilling to work with him out of spite or pettiness.

He is toxic. His personality. His lack of integrity and honesty. His racism. He can’t even unify the country around the border security issue because he insists on lying and framing it as a “bad brown people coming to hurt you”.

Come on dude.
                  Of course its honest are you kidding me? Trump is toxic? How about 2 years of Russian Collusion smears and attacks by Democrats and media which are undoubtedbly turning out to be complete and utter bullsh|t to go along with the constant racist, bigot, ****phobe, and every other inter-sectional bad word you can find.

If a deal makes it to his desk he will sign it, but again Democrats are terrified of giving any ground to Trump because they have dreams of holding the white house in 2020, that is the reality.

Comment

Gotcha but most people have scoffed at a recession because of the estimate-beating job numbers.

True about that infrastructure bill. i wonder why Trump has decided to tackle that instead of a wall.

Comment

2.9% is booming when you're just 2 years removed from 8 years of sub 2% growth.

Think about that. Your guy had 8 years and couldnt beat 2%. Trump beat that his first year.

The bigger question is why your guy couldnt break 2%.
                      GDP has been tanking since Q2 2018, 4.2% down to 2.6%, this after all the booming economy bragging and jobs jobs jobs.

This only solidifies that the current economy is just a house of cards.

And please, don't use my nomenclature. It's annoying, and indicates a hero worship mentality. I'm not here to be trendsetter for the NPC crowd.

Be you, be yourself. But dont try and be like a son idolizing his father.

I've already found one son here. Please dont let me find out I've discovered yet another one...
                      I'm confused. You're acting like a female here.

Comment

Working...
                      X