Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida boy, 11, arrested after refusing to recite ‘racist’ Pledge of Allegiance:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Florida boy, 11, arrested after refusing to recite ‘racist’ Pledge of Allegiance:

A Florida middle school student was arrested earlier this month after allegedly getting into a confrontation with school officials and a law enforcement officer following reports that he refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

The 11-year-old attends the sixth grade at Lawton Chiles Middle Academy in Lakeland. He has been charged with disrupting a school function and resisting arrest without being violent, both misdemeanors. The Feb. 4 incident began when the boy allegedly told his substitute teacher he did not want to stand for the pledge because he viewed the American flag as racist against African-Americans.

In a handwritten statement to Polk County Public Schools, the teacher reported telling the boy, "Why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live." She said he then said, "they brought me here," according to Bay News 9.

The student was arrested by a school resource officer after he refused to follow commands and called school officials racists, reports said. He has not been identified by the school or police. A Lakeland police spokesperson declined to comment on the matter, The Ledger newspaper reported.

The boy's mother told the news station that "if she (the teacher) felt like there was an issue with my son not standing for the flag, she should've resolved that in a way different manner than she did."

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Can someone please point out the racist part?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Can someone please point out the racist part?
      Kyle Kennedy, a spokesman for the school district, told the paper that students are not required to recite the pledge. He said the substitute teacher will no longer be working with the district and that he could not comment on the student’s discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        Kyle Kennedy, a spokesman for the school district, told the paper that students are not required to recite the pledge. He said the substitute teacher will no longer be working with the district and that he could not comment on the student’s discipline.
        That does not address my comment in any way.

Can you show me the racist part?

Comment

There's no racist part in it form that stand point . I think the kid was confusing the pledge of allegiance to the national anthem.

However he doesn't want to worship a flag that's on him.

Comment

You realize an 11 year old said that right? No one is arguing the pledge is racist.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              There's no racist part in it form that stand point . I think the kid was confusing the pledge of allegiance to the national anthem.

However he doesn't want to worship a flag that's on him.

He shouldn't, but if his reasoning is bullsh it, he should be called for it.

His reasoning is bullsh it.

Comment

Originally posted by Level37scythe View Post
                You realize an 11 year old said that right? No one is arguing the pledge is racist.
                I don't care how old he is. His reasoning is bullsh it. Being young is not an excuse

Comment

Maybe someone should properly teach this child what racism really is

Comment

Maybe someone should properly teach this child what racism really is
                    Nahh dude. I think he was just arguing something his parents or other adults said.

Comment

Working...
                    X