If white privilege is real

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If white privilege is real

Why did Elizabeth Warren say she was "American Indian"

This has got to be the dumbest thread ever in the lounge. However, I will answer.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015...earch-prove-it

White Privilege Is Real, and Now There’s Research to Prove it

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      This has got to be the dumbest thread ever in the lounge. However, I will answer.

So why did she distance herself from being white?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        Easy. With affirmative action laws in place she figured using American Indian would help her gain access to law school and get jobs. She should've followed the data which shows white women benefit from affirmative action programs more than any other group.

Her doing this in no way means white privilege doesn't exist. It means she tried to game the system and got caught doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Got a link to the actual study? The link is just an article and the writer did not link the study as far as I can tell. Rather bold to claim that "white privilege" can be quantified when all she did was claim the study proved it from a sample size of 1500, but no study to look at. Best I could tell, all her links were just links back to that sites articles, or link couldn't be found. One of her links actually went back to a Washington Post article from 2014 that had actual data on arrests, but outside of that, nada. That is some ****ty journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Got a link to the actual study? The link is just an article and the writer did not link the study as far as I can tell. Rather bold to claim that "white privilege" can be quantified when all she did was claim the study proved it from a sample size of 1500, but no study to look at. Best I could tell, all her links were just links back to that sites articles, or link couldn't be found. One of her links actually went back to a Washington Post article from 2014 that had actual data on arrests, but outside of that, nada. That is some ****ty journalism.
            There are other things if you Google as well but I just posted that quick.

Comment

first off who is she? lmfao and to answer this question: to accomplish whatever agenda it is she was trying to accomplish.

let me just speak generally here, I might be wrong or whatever but its how I think.

I think white privilege exist in the sense that nepotism exist. White hire whites, Blacks hire blacks and Mexicans hire Mexicans.

Whites got into power first, so their in the unique position to hand out other positions of power and they hire other whites, and this was apparent hence the affirmative action law was introduced to give non whites a fighting chance to achieve and obtain the same success whites can however these same laws are overseen and regulated by other whites.

Anyways fast forward to today, every race has become successful, but with that being said Whites are still the majority so whites have a easier time* when they look for help/jobs/loans etc than others just down to the sheer numbers, its still a "BOYS CLUB" sort of speak with them in the power position but thats just how the cards fell. Is it right is it wrong? I dont look at it in those terms to me its just how the cards fell.

Today in America their is absolutely no reason why you cant achieve any level of success that you want, with Smarts, some balls, and alot of hard work anything is achievable.

So does white privilege exist? yes, does it really even matter? 50/50**.

I also believe the whites know this, thats why they trying to prolong the inevitable of BROWN PRIVILEGE which is gonna be the new era! we will have a longer reign and build our wealth.

Other side of white privledge is the injustices but I didnt want to get into that....

*easier time = white priveldege
              ** it matters cause of fairness, a white perosn in position of power gives the job to anotehr white man who isnt as qualified as a black man than yes it matters cause know you capped that man level of success, but whos to say if the roles were reverse it wouldnt be the same thing? just how the cards fell imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post

Comment

D+ troll thread.

Comment

Why did Elizabeth Warren say she was "American Indian"

Come on dude you are cool take this down.

Comment

Working...
                    X