Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rams-Pats least watched Super Bowl in a decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the past, I gave football a chance at entertaining me. I tried to understand it, because it was the only thing on local TV. It was way too darn boring. If it comes on every now and then, sometimes I'll just leave it on, but I'm not even paying attention anymore. It's like soccer, where players are kicking a ball back and forth for 30 minutes before anyone even makes a point. I can't watch that, just like I can't watch golf. To add on top of that this whole trying to force people to stand up for the racist national anthem, when they're protesting police brutality, and I'm just done with it. I'm going to actively avoid giving them ratings from now forward. And I'm done with Maroon 5, Big Boi, Travis Scott, and Cardi B. Traitors.

It's too dangerous a sport anyway. Boxing should be banned, too, but at least in boxing you control your fate. In football, you're going to get 5 dudes tackling you no matter what. It's no wonder why the average NFL career is just three years. And most of them are just pawns on a board, anyway. No one knows who they are as individuals, except for Tom Brady and IDK who else. In basketball, at least you can make out your favorite players, and, if they're really good, you'll see them making points over and over, clearly. In football, it's just a random helmet getting smashed and then replaced next season by another random helmet.

Comment

i enjoyed it because Rams were always in it. it wasn't a blowout where you know how would win before halftime came.

Comment

not surprise... nobody wants to see the fvvvcking pats!!

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I watched, but this is the least amount of of football I've watched in years.

It's just not an enjoyable sport anymore.

And watching Brady win Superbowls
          with a bunch of 5 yard passes that go for 11-12 yards is a joke.
          I share your sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
            In the past, I gave football a chance at entertaining me. I tried to understand it, because it was the only thing on local TV. It was way too darn boring. If it comes on every now and then, sometimes I'll just leave it on, but I'm not even paying attention anymore. It's like soccer, where players are kicking a ball back and forth for 30 minutes before anyone even makes a point. I can't watch that, just like I can't watch golf. To add on top of that this whole trying to force people to stand up for the racist national anthem, when they're protesting police brutality, and I'm just done with it. I'm going to actively avoid giving them ratings from now forward. And I'm done with Maroon 5, Big Boi, Travis Scott, and Cardi B. Traitors.

It's too dangerous a sport anyway. Boxing should be banned, too, but at least in boxing you control your fate. In football, you're going to get 5 dudes tackling you no matter what. It's no wonder why the average NFL career is just three years. And most of them are just pawns on a board, anyway. No one knows who they are as individuals, except for Tom Brady and IDK who else. In basketball, at least you can make out your favorite players, and, if they're really good, you'll see them making points over and over, clearly. In football, it's just a random helmet getting smashed and then replaced next season by another random helmet.
            The bolded is 1 of the many big reasons I dont watch. Football is a BULLY sport and it carries from the field to the fans and from youth to adults.

Its odd that people praise/celebrate an obese person that can run a 5 second 40 & blindside some1 100+lbs less than them with help. This is taught to kids at a very young age as well. Then to top things off, the NFL's fanbase is a bunch of fat drunks that like to pick fights. They're likely the lil fat bully kids that never made it past HS football and now live through the jersey they wear.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              I've never liked football much but people who complain about defensive games confuse me.

Isn't the entire point of the sport the hits/defense?

Watching a guy run on grass with a ball is really not that exciting.

I'm glad their ratings are tanking. They pandered way too much to the militants.

The group that commits by far the highest rate of interracial killings is going to unload the blame on the group they kill the most?

Great protest. Next time have a bunch of 40 year old men protest the one case of a toddler molesting a 40 year old man and ignore the 40,000,000 that happened the other way around.
              Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Not to mention it’s never been a high scoring sport, but a touchdown is worth 6 and a field goal worth 3. A 28-21 game is just 4-3 lol
              I didnt watch the Superbowl but it being such a defensive game shocked me. The NFL along with the NBA have basically bent their own rules to accommodate "high scoring" teams/players to attract casual fans which is BS.

Comment

this was one of the first football games i watched bell to bell this year. it's just not a good product. too much stopping and starting, it's basically one big commercial. it's no longer the physical, grueling game that it used to be. too much of that has been legislated out of football. FFS you can hardly touch a quarterback in 2019. i couldn't get over some of the calls this year.

this game was actually pretty good, it's nonsense that a sport in which everybody seems to think it's cool to say "defense wins championships,' is called boring when the defenses play well.

also, brady winning that ring will overshadow the fact that he looked old as **** for 3 quarters. sometimes i enjoy talking about football and its affect than i do watching hte sport.
                Last edited by New England; 02-05-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  I watched, but this is the least amount of of football I've watched in years.

It's just not an enjoyable sport anymore.

And watching Brady win Superbowls with a bunch of 5 yard passes that go for 11-12 yards is a joke.

you don't gt to watch other guys doing two minute drills in every game because they don't kbnow how to come back

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post

i actually thought travis scott put on a pretty good show. it's lit .

Comment

people are tired of the pats

Comment

Working...
                      X