Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people in the military just pawns for politicans and the special interest groups?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    No ****.

Do you think I joined to protect our freedom against people who haven't done anything to us
    Why did you join?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      Why did you join?
      To challenge myself.

I didnt join to liberate people I don't give a **** about.

And I use the term "liberate" loosely.

Comment

To challenge myself.

I didnt join to liberate people I don't give a **** about.

And I use the term "liberate" loosely.

Hmmm... thats interesting.

Was it worth it?

Comment

Hmmm... thats interesting.

Was it worth it?
          In some ways, sure it was.

Others no.

Would you ever consider serving?

Comment

In some ways, sure it was.

Others no.

Would you ever consider serving?

An alien invasion is about the only thing that would get me to sign up.

People close to me served, said it was for the benefits, education paid and so on, but almost all of them came back saying it wasnt worth it, though those I know who did it for fun really did like it and are still in it to this day.

I grew up religious, and was always scared of having to commit 'sins' under orders that I wouldnt be able to justify in front of God after. Blame my pastor.

Comment

An alien invasion is about the only thing that would get me to sign up.

People close to me served, said it was for the benefits, education paid and so on, but almost all of them came back saying it wasnt worth it, though those I know who did it for fun really did like it and are still in it to this day.

I grew up religious, and was always scared of having to commit 'sins' under orders that I wouldnt be able to justify in front of God after. Blame my pastor.
              Respect.

Yeah benefits were a part of it for me also.

Comment

The OP attempt at bashing the military backfired. In the grand scheme of things, sure military members are pawns. Whether they signed up for patriotic reasons, for financial reasons, as an escape, or to better or challenge themselves, they are at the whim of politicians. They can't b!tch about it when deployed to a shyt hole. Most veterans I know didn't regret their service. Most of the ones who did were the f u c k ups and lazy cvnts who can't hack it in the world no matter what they do. But if not for those "pawns" who were either drafted or volunteered, the OP would not have the freedom to post her snarky little threads.

Meanwhile, anyone paying taxes in this country is a pawn to some extent. Try not paying them and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  The OP attempt at bashing the military backfired. In the grand scheme of things, sure military members are pawns. Whether they signed up for patriotic reasons, for financial reasons, as an escape, or to better or challenge themselves, they are at the whim of politicians. They can't b!tch about it when deployed to a shyt hole. Most veterans I know didn't regret their service. Most of the ones who did were the f u c k ups and lazy cvnts who can't hack it in the world no matter what they do. But if not for those "pawns" who were either drafted or volunteered, the OP would not have the freedom to post her snarky little threads.

Meanwhile, anyone paying taxes in this country is a pawn to some extent. Try not paying them and see what happens.
                  You have a very limited mind.

Comment

Aren't we all just pawns in one way or another? Not a single one of us is the chess master so let's not pretend you're above it. People join the military for many reasons,generally positive, there's alot to gain from joining the military if you're willing to apply yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                      I saw that three American servicemen just died in the Middle East. Seems so senseless. I think Black Sabbath had it right in that song War Pigs:
                      I was a USMC grunt (young and dumb), but I learned. Served in the Marine Corps Security Force Regiment (served 10 years). Became a LE officer in the largest metropolitan police force on the west coast (did that for 20 years).

Now I'm a contractor for Uncle Sam. I am no ones pawn, I know what I sighed up for. If I stay outside of continental USA for the year the income is tax free!

Comment

Working...
                      X