Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys handle difficult relatives?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a younger sister who resembles to what you have described as your cousins.

Loud mouth, hypocrite, big fraud. This is why I don't go to family dinners because of her, her loud mouth, criticism, short tempered and just a very narrowly minded person.

I mostly keep to myself to avoid all the drama and bad talk. Even so during family-gather events.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
      Wouldn't be the first I had put hands on an old ass uncle for stealin your boy's seat at a Thanksgiving get together.
      I had to put hands on you for lying. Now gimme those points you owe, change your sig, and accept the permanent ban. Be a man you little bltch

Comment

I just drink, A LOT then pass out. Im not violent or obnoxious when Im drunk so nobody pays attention. I just sit there quietly drinking around those i do like.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
          Avoid them, redirect conversations, and if those don't work straight up say you're not interested in gossip/those topics, and express how you want to stay out of it and focus on the positives i.e. celebrating the holidays as a family, not fueling division.
          its easier said then done literally they all come up to me and start talking and try to get me involved in their little wars and take their side.

I usually just say hi to everyone in the beginning, eat and try to leave but it doesn't actually work like that obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            its easier said then done literally they all come up to me and start talking and try to get me involved in their little wars and take their side.

I usually just say hi to everyone in the beginning, eat and try to leave but it doesn't actually work like that obviously.
            Sure lt is, but you're not the only one with this problem. It can be done.

Comment

your plan is cool as is, eat the food, stay out the mix and then go home

Comment

Working...
              X