No announcement yet.

Mass shooting at Thousand Oaks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    The justice system has become our way of dealing with mental health. Yes it needs to be addressed.
    This is true. Our prisons are filled with people that really need to be in mental health hospitals. Problem is voters will approve more prisons before more hospitals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      California clearly needs stricter gun laws.
      Can’t tell if that is sarcasm. California gun laws are brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Can’t tell if that is sarcasm. California gun laws are brutal.
        So how was a mass shooting possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          If those laws are challenged and it goes to the SC, I cant see that being upheld.
          Yes it will be easily upheld. The legal
          Standard for review for this issue is the “rationale basis test”. That is the law must be rationally related to a legitimate state interest. Gun Control is a legitimate state interest because public safety is at issue. Finger print readers is rationally related to that interest. Gun law upheld.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              Can't someone in California take this to the Federal court? This obviously violates the 2nd amendment on several levels.
              Sure they can. The 2nd is not an absolute right. See post above.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                Six off duty Cops not one gun. As retired LE officer that's disturbing to me!
                Why you know better than most here that the liability of carrying a gun is extreme. Just pulling out the gun brings upon a world of legal ****. As an active police officer your department pays for your insurance. Retired your on. your own.

And besides you Definelty know alcohol and guns do not mix. These officers were smart. Unlucky however this night. It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
                  Is it messed up that I already knew his ethnicity?
                  Nope. See my sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    Racist!!!

Many non whites serve our country too!!!

Yes most of our bravest and toughest who serve our nation are white

But minorities like Hispanic and Asian serve too and some blacks
                    He was referring to the fact that he committed a mass shooting. Which the majority are committed by white men. Even one knows the armed forces has many minorty people within its ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Guns aren't the problem?
                      But easy access to gun is the problem.

America doesn't have more mental disorders than other nations what they have is easier access to guns. That's why this happens more often there.
                      No guns no mass shootings. I dare anyone to challenge that assertion. With 6 cops in the building if this shooter had a knife instead I think he would have killed one before the police would have jumped all over him. With a ar15 or the like 12 get smoked and he posts on social media...
                      Guns don’t kill people doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X