No announcement yet.

Mass shooting at Thousand Oaks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    If he didn't get it legally he would've gotten 1 illegally. I am all for people owning guns, in fact I promote open carry BUT there are just way to many guns floating around. The legal and illegal market for guns is a multi billion dollar industry and the supply is endless.
    Theres about 400 million guns in America. We might as well focus on mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Theres about 400 million guns in America. We might as well focus on mental health.
      400 million that we know of.

In order for us to focus on mental health, we need to address the justice system.

Comment

I sure hope we find out what meds he was on. Like MANY of the mass shooters they were psyc drugs.
        You seem to have things ass-backwards.

Whilst I accept that psychiatric medications have potential side effects, people aren’t ‘going crazy’ (for want of a better phrase) and committing mass shootings because of meds. They’re taking psych meds because they’re already mentally unwell.

The problem is that some mentally unwell citizens have almost unfettered access to firearms and therefore are provided with the opportunity conduct violent expressions of their illness.

(Of course, all this should not distract from the fact that mentally ill people are considerably more likely to be victims of violence than the perpetrators).

Comment

I told you I am not a democrat. I just don't like Trump.

& yes this is an American problem that needs to be addressed. I didn't say that America has it the worst. I just said its a problem, a very big problem.
          Fair enough.

What are some possible solutions in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post

Whilst I accept that psychiatric medications have potential side effects, people aren’t ‘going crazy’ (for want of a better phrase) and committing mass shootings because of meds. They’re taking psych meds because they’re already mentally unwell.

The problem is that some mentally unwell citizens have almost unfettered access to firearms and therefore are provided with the opportunity conduct violent expressions of their illness.

(Of course, all this should not distract from the fact that mentally ill people are considerably more likely to be victims of violence than the perpetrators).
            In fairness, drugs (including psych drugs) are over prescribed.

So not all folks on them have an underlying mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post

I guess I didn't say that right. I'm not saying it's the drugs, I'm saying the person has issues that need more than drugs obviously.

Comment

400 million that we know of.

In order for us to focus on mental health, we need to address the justice system.
                The justice system has become our way of dealing with mental health. Yes it needs to be addressed.

Comment

I guess I didn't say that right. I'm not saying it's the drugs, I'm saying the person has issues that need more than drugs obviously.
                  Yeah, much clearer and more accurate putting it that way.

Mental health is wildly misunderstood by the general public, often misdiagnosed, completely underfunded and a political afterthought. The mental health epidemic brought about by modern living in first world countries has been heading towards crisis point for decades. Unfortunately it’s not politically expedient to really give a f***.

Comment

California clearly needs stricter gun laws.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      California clearly needs stricter gun laws.
                      So does Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                      X