Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The vast majority of people hate political correctness...so why are we bending to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live in a VERY self absorbed nation. The Golden Rule of, "treat others how you want to be treated" has literally gone out the window. Also, most people think of political correctness as a war against their 1st amendment right. IMO, the only reason political correctness is still practiced is because of repercussions that may happen if not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      I get your point and I think it's a fine line but there's no way you could go to a bakers owned by gay people or even most straight people and get 'god is against gays' on it, that would almost cetainly spark the interest of the law over here as well. I'm pretty sure the message was the key problem in this case not the fact the customer was gay.
      I haven't seen a similar story like the original one but reversed so idk if that is a thing. Honestly I haven't heard the original story more than once so idk that this is really an issue for most people who happen to be anti-gay marriage who run a bakery or vice versa. I would like to believe someone could just put their personal feelings aside and make my f#cking cake if I requested one with some stance they don't agree with.

Refusing to serve people so as to not promote there beleifs is fine to me, but refusing to serve them because of their beleifs/looks isn't.
      Where does that end doe? Are you not selling a car to someone convicted of drunk driving in the past cuz they might be advertising your product flipped over on the side of the road? If some child molester fresh out of prison goes to buy your brand of clothes do you not sell to him cuz you don't want a child f#cker wearing something with your name on it? Or what if its not even that bad and its just some notorious assh#le. Do you want some notorious assh#le representing your brand?

I just think if you could walk into a chain store & get something no matter who you are or your stances than mom & pop stores should be providing that same service too or get out of the way & let someone in who will just provide said service & not be all weird about it.

Comment

That Megynn Kelly firing was absolutely ridiculous, and I dont even like the woman..

Comment

the term has a connotation that people don't agree with or find appealing. that connotation is one of idle complaining, a lack of practical solutions, pettiness, weakness, etc.

in reality people are complicit with the idea that there are actions and statements that are inherently offensive or inherently damaging. you can't dress up in blackface, that reinforces the idea that blacks are inherently inferior, cartoonish faced and humorous creatures.

and if you're not a moron and care to do a little research you'll see that the idea that there's a stratification in america based on lines of race and ethnicity, and it's not all that tough to see! we should all be "politically correct" it's just a function of deliberate observation and the will to do good.
          Last edited by New England; 10-29-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            That Megynn Kelly firing was absolutely ridiculous, and I dont even like the woman..

it didn't occur in a vacuum. she's come under scrutiny for racist undertones in the past. a major news network can't continue to employ her in 2018. their hands were tied after this comment. it was the straw that broke the camel's back. doesn't have to be this immensely heavy straw when that's the case!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              it didn't occur in a vacuum. she's come under scrutiny for racist undertones in the past. a major news network can't continue to employ her in 2018. their hands were tied after this comment. it was the straw that broke the camel's back. doesn't have to be this immensely heavy straw when that's the case!
              What other comments? Maybe they should of done some research before hiring her then? Oh and paying 69 million for nothing.

Comment

Because the mainstream media is pushing it down people’s throats, and those dumb enough are getting brainwashed and actually enforcing it in everyday life.

Comment

As seen on this site people just like to botch about anything. They see something they can try and change and go after it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    88% of American Indians
                    87% of Hispanics
                    82% of Asians
                    79% of White People
                    75% of Black People

...are saying PC behavior is a problem.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ctness/572581/
                    Do you watch Bill Maher? I do and he gave the same stats, so I thought that might have been why you posted this as well. And I loved it when he said after giving these percentages "so NOBODY LIKES YOU" haha.

Oh and to answer your question. Because we're fa****s. Most of us are too scared to speak up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342
                      Do you watch Bill Maher?
                      I listen to the podcast version of the show, but yea I heard him give the numbers and looked up the study they were from. Interesting study btw.

Even when you break down the numbers for PC culture sh^t the only people for it are progressive activists. Even conservatives and liberals agree on this sh^t which says a ton.

Comment

Working...
                      X