Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's 2018. why can't voting be done from an app?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I agree 100%.

And I'll go one further. I think WE can vote on most of the sh^t congresses & senates are voting on at all levels so we could legit make government smaller. I don't wanna vote on idiots on I gotta trust will represent me like I hope they will. I wanna represent myself.

That was the whole reason we had representatives to vote on in the first place cuz a whole town, city, state or country couldn't represent itself. Now with current technology we can all represent our own opinions about a great many things that all are falling back on us anyway.

Fair play on their being a smaller % of the current government employees & representatives making bigger decisions, but we should be voting on all this smaller sh^t & steering the We The People ship for real for once.
    I agree to a certain extent mate, but I think we need representatives.
    When you have too many voices on matters; more often than not, nothing gets done. Seen it too many times on trivial stuff at work. I imagine important matters would be even worse.
    Often it's best to assign a few people to accomplish a task than getting everyone's voice and opinion.
    Last edited by JJRod; 10-24-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      I agree to a certain extent mate, but I think we need representatives.
      When you have too many voices on matters; more often than not, nothing gets done. Seen it too many times on trivial stuff at work. I imagine important matters would be even worse.
      Often it's best to assign a few people to accomplish a task than getting everyone's voice and opinion.
      I think that makes sense, but I think we the people should be deciding the vast majority of issues. I think these bills these guys are voting for are bs & sketchy how they do it.

Like I lost my right to play online poker in the US years ago cuz of some bs that was thrown into the Patriot Act that had nothing to do with 99% of the sh^t in that bill. And who's voting against the Patriot Act? LOL. They stack the deck like that all the time with far worse things than online poker being banned. I'd much rather we the citizens of the US vote on what we want & don't want on a item by item vote vs these politicians throwing in random sh^t in bills that don't got nothing to do with the thing they are throwing in.

Edit: It was the Safe Port Act not the Patriot Act.

I trust regular citizens to act in good faith more than I trust politicians to do the same. And ultimately we should be deciding what country we wanna live in if we are a true democracy. With technology we can be a true technology now like never before.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 10-24-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I think that makes sense, but I think we the people should be deciding the vast majority of issues. I think these bills these guys are voting for are bs & sketchy how they do it.

Like I lost my right to play online poker in the US years ago cuz of some bs that was thrown into the Patriot Act that had nothing to do with 99% of the sh^t in that bill. And who's voting against the Patriot Act? LOL. They stack the deck like that all the time with far worse things than online poker being banned. I'd much rather we the citizens of the US vote on what we want & don't want on a item by item vote vs these politicians throwing in random sh^t in bills that don't got nothing to do with the thing they are throwing in.

I trust regular citizens to act in good faith more than I trust politicians to do the same. And ultimately we should be deciding what country we wanna live in if we are a true democracy. With technology we can be a true technology now like never before.
        The citizens are easier to trick.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          The citizens are easier to trick.
          The politicians are easier to bribe.

So idk that that matters. I'd rather have us needing to be smarter & teach people to be smarter than have to come up with enough money to bribe mfers the peoples way.

Comment

The politicians are easier to bribe.

So idk that that matters. I'd rather have us needing to be smarter & teach people to be smarter than have to come up with enough money to bribe mfers the peoples way.
            You have faith in the masses?
            The rich people and corporations would probably have field day running jingles and adds getting folks to vote how they want on an issue.

Comment

We the citizens can take action. We can put in office representatives whom truly represent our interest. The problem is most citizens don't vote. Not just on major elections, but local elections.

Also, there are a few online poker sites that are pretty decent for US citizens.

Comment

I agree 100%.

And I'll go one further. I think WE can vote on most of the sh^t congresses & senates are voting on at all levels so we could legit make government smaller. I don't wanna vote on idiots on I gotta trust will represent me like I hope they will. I wanna represent myself.

That was the whole reason we had representatives to vote on in the first place cuz a whole town, city, state or country couldn't represent itself. Now with current technology we can all represent our own opinions about a great many things that all are falling back on us anyway.

Fair play on their being a smaller % of the current government employees & representatives making bigger decisions, but we should be voting on all this smaller sh^t & steering the We The People ship for real for once.
                This would be the most ideal scenario in my opinion. Eliminating sleazy politicians all together almost and really have government by the people for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  You have faith in the masses?
                  I have more faith in regular people than politicians yes.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    We the citizens can take action. We can put in office representatives whom truly represent our interest. The problem is most citizens don't vote. Not just on major elections, but local elections.
                    And maybe that'll be the way it is if we voted on all this same sh^t ourselves vs the politicians. Hell some of these politicians are paid to do the job & miss a ton of votes to. But we'd control our own destiny better.

Also, there are a few online poker sites that are pretty decent for US citizens.
                    Decent? For casual players yea I guess. If you played on PS or FTP back in the day for real doe these are bs tiny ass sites that you'd have to grind 32 hours a day to make a living at it. You can't even multi table on most of those sites like you could on PS & FTP. I'd regularly run 30-40 tables at once on PS. Think they max you out at 8 or something on ACR.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      i see a lot of ppl on my timeline brag about standing in line for crazy hours to vote.. why is that something to be proud of?

it should be as simple as downloading an app and submitting your vote. the numbers will then actually match the number of eligible voters in the country.

Would you be buying poor people a smartphone and providing service to use this app? I know I don't want my $ going toward buying leeches a phone. How would you go about voter fraud, hackers, and ****? How would you verify that they are a citizen and personally made their vote? I could see Libtards buying votes pretty easy with this app idea. I prefer voting in person... I know in my town you could spot an illegal a mile away and they wouldn't be able to illegally vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X