Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
    When did Clinton give tax cuts to the rich?
    As I said, via his Capitol Gains Tax cuts.

Please keep up.

Those are tax cuts primarily aimed at the rich, as the rich own a majority of the stocks.

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    Clinton did deregulation and caused a financial crisis. He repealed Glass Steagall and the banks rejoiced.

If you knew what deregulation was you'd automatically know this is one of the main reasons why crashes/recessions occur. Example, the financial crisis was primarily caused by deregulation in the financial industry. The attempt to decrease the government involvement in the financial system backfired and was the underlying problem. This is why Glass Steagall was put into place to separate investment and commercial banking activities.
    That is true he signed that deregulation legislation, and that it played a role in the housing market meltdown.

That said, you failed to cite this as an example, and instead cited several claimed recessions but only ones you claimed were caused by R Presidents.

I also know what deregulation is, so cut the snark.

Tax cuts for the rich and corporations have little to no effect on the economy in the long term, hence the boom and bust cycle (along with the deregulation's). You give tax cuts to the rich they save and invest, you give tax cuts to corporations and they just do stock buybacks. They're are no real evidence that support cuts trickling down into higher wages. In fact company's like Coca-Cola and Cisco have stated there gains from corporate tax cuts will go only to share holders and CEO's, and not creating jobs or higher wages.
    Says you, but this wasnt what you asserted.

Again, please keep up.

You asserted tax cuts cause recessions, but haven't yet explained how (though you did assert several claimed instances). This despite me asking you more than once.

Can you please get to proving or retracting that claim sometime this year?

Comment

• These are your assertions. Notice you didnt cite Clinton, but only cited R Presidents

(Got caught cheerleading there. )

Let's break them down since you are having issues proving them.

What happened in the 1920's when their were tax cuts for the rich and massive deregulation..? The Great Depression
      First off, cite the deregulation and the tax cuts.

Second, explain what role they played in causing the Great Depression.

What happened when Reagan gave tax cuts to rich and massive deregulation..? Recession
      I'm aware of the Reagan tax cuts, so no need to cite them. But please cite the deregulation you assert was a cause.

And as before, explain how the Reagan tax and regulation cuts caused a recession.

What happened when Bush Gave tax cuts to the rich and massive deregulation..? Recession
      I'm aware of the Bush tax cuts, so no need to cite them. But please cite the deregulation you assert was a cause.

And as before, explain how the Bush tax and regulation cuts caused a recession.

What do you think is going to happen now that Trump gave tax cuts to the rich and massive deregulation....?
      Though not an assertion, I'll answer.

I'm on record here predicting rising GDP growth and job creation.

So far I'm being proved correct.

Even the Federal Reserve predicts years of growth ahead, and no recession in sight, hence them raising interest rates.

Comment

When did Clinton give tax cuts to the rich?

Clinton did deregulation and caused a financial crisis. He repealed Glass Steagall and the banks rejoiced.

If you knew what deregulation was you'd automatically know this is one of the main reasons why crashes/recessions occur. Example, the financial crisis was primarily caused by deregulation in the financial industry. The attempt to decrease the government involvement in the financial system backfired and was the underlying problem. This is why Glass Steagall was put into place to separate investment and commercial banking activities.

Tax cuts for the rich and corporations have little to no effect on the economy in the long term, hence the boom and bust cycle (along with the deregulation's). You give tax cuts to the rich they save and invest, you give tax cuts to corporations and they just do stock buybacks. They're are no real evidence that support cuts trickling down into higher wages. In fact company's like Coca-Cola and Cisco have stated there gains from corporate tax cuts will go only to share holders and CEO's, and not creating jobs or higher wages.
        It doesn't matter to him. Even if you do provide evidence, he will try to refute and explain away anything having to do with a politician with a D at the end of his name instead of an R. I don't know why so many people do this when talking politics, but it's pretty much the reason why it's so difficult to get anything done in our federal government. Some people just stick with their side. With Republicans, it's too often not admitting to being wrong on facts. With democrats, it's being too easily offended and not willing to fight back hard enough or getting people fired they don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          As I said, via his Capitol Gains Tax cuts.

Please keep up.

Those are tax cuts primarily aimed at the rich, as the rich own a majority of the stocks.
          Ok, but he did increase the income tax rate to the top brackets though.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          That is true he signed that deregulation legislation, and that it played a role in the housing market meltdown.

That said, you failed to cite this as an example, and instead cited several claimed recessions but only ones you claimed were caused by R Presidents.
          This isn't a Dem vs Repub issue.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

You asserted tax cuts cause recessions, but haven't yet explained how (though you did assert several claimed instances). This despite me asking you more than once.

Can you please get to proving or retracting that claim sometime this year?
          Firstly, for the second time I never said tax cuts causes recession. I said tax cuts for the rich along with deregulation do.

I will address the point anyhow. What will occur is the government will experience a decline in the amount of revenue necessary to carry on its functions that have already been approved by congress due do the cuts. So now this leaves the government looking for ways to make up the loss.

So the option is to either raise taxes from the working class (which they will at an all time high within the next decade), raise interest rates, diminish government services which will negatively affect the middle class, or increase the national debt (borrow the money) which of course, the working class will have to pay off eventually.
          So when the government is unable to spend on already legislated things and when the working class ends up with less money do to these rich tax cuts, the whole economy will suffer with spending drops and loss of jobs which will lead to the economy declining.

Comment

These are your assertions. Notice you didnt cite Clinton, but only cited R Presidents

(Got caught cheerleading there. )

Let's break them down since you are having issues proving them.

First off, cite the deregulation and the tax cuts.

Second, explain what role they played in causing the Great Depression.

I'm aware of the Reagan tax cuts, so no need to cite them. But please cite the deregulation you assert was a cause.

And as before, explain how the Reagan tax and regulation cuts caused a recession.

I'm aware of the Bush tax cuts, so no need to cite them. But please cite the deregulation you assert was a cause.

And as before, explain how the Bush tax and regulation cuts caused a recession.

What is all this?

I feel like I'm in a history class taking a midterm.
            Last edited by Lords; 10-22-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords
              This is known, but sometimes I have a little bit of free time for entertainment. He usually makes me laugh with his responses, so what the hell.
              That's cool. Nice Trinidad pic. I take it you thought he won against De La Hoya? Oscar was dumb to just run away for 3 rounds. One round maybe, but not 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                It doesn't matter to him. Even if you do provide evidence, he will try to refute and explain away anything having to do with a politician with a D at the end of his name instead of an R. I don't know why so many people do this when talking politics, but it's pretty much the reason why it's so difficult to get anything done in our federal government. Some people just stick with their side. With Republicans, it's too often not admitting to being wrong on facts. With democrats, it's being too easily offended and not willing to fight back hard enough or getting people fired they don't like.
                Please keep up.

I obviously go deeper than what you claim as I just gave Bill Clinton (D) credit for a tax cut that grew the economy.

I base my beliefs on policy, not party affiliation.

No more false charges out of you, please.

Comment

Ok, but he did increase the income tax rate to the top brackets though.
                  True, he did raise taxes at first, but then years later he cut them. And what happened after each?

You tell me, did GDP grow more after the Clinton tax increases or the Clinton tax cuts?

This isn't a Dem vs Repub issue.
                  Correct.

Next time, dont try and make it one by only citing R Presidents.

Firstly, for the second time I never said tax cuts causes recession. I said tax cuts for the rich along with deregulation do.
                  I got that.

Now get to explaining how that created the recessions you cited.

Your obfuscating via circular arguing.

Just cut it and explain how tax and regulation cuts caused the recessions you cited.

I've asked SEVERAL times now.....

I will address the point anyhow. What will occur is the government will experience a decline in the amount of revenue necessary to carry on its functions that have already been approved by congress due do the cuts. So now this leaves the government looking for ways to make up the loss.

So the option is to either raise taxes from the working class (which they will at an all time high within the next decade), raise interest rates, diminish government services which will negatively affect the middle class, or increase the national debt (borrow the money) which of course, the working class will have to pay off eventually.
                  So when the government is unable to spend on already legislated things and when the working class ends up with less money do to these rich tax cuts, the whole economy will suffer with spending drops and loss of jobs which will lead to the economy declining.
                  They again.

You didn't explain how this causes a recession, much less the specifics of the recessions you cited.

You seemed to have explained how revenue is cut and we saw spending cut as a result.

That's not what you asserted. You never even cited that.

You spoke of recessions, not government revenue and spending.

Please tell me you've not lost track
                  of YOUR assertions, or that you don't know the definition of a recession.....

Comment

What is all this?

I feel like I'm in a history class taking a midterm.
                    That's a list of your assertions.

I've broken them down and asked to prove or retract each of them.

You're really not keeping up here at all.

That, or you're in full obfuscation mode.

Either way, prove or retract, please.

Comment

They again.

You didn't explain how this causes a recession, much less the specifics of the recessions you cited.

You seemed to have explained how revenue is cut and we saw spending cut as a result.

That's not what you asserted. You never even cited that.

You spoke of recessions, not government revenue and spending.
                      Please tell me you've not lost track
                      of YOUR assertions, or that you don't know the definition of a recession.....
                      Economic decline doesn't lead to recession?
                      I literally explained how tax cuts for the rich cause this.
                      Geezus
                      Last edited by Lords; 10-22-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X