No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Warren Releases Her DNA Results, .0009% Native American...lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Americauna View Post
    Siablo's doing fantastic here; I'm glad to see him being direct with all of you, discussing issues point by point.

At the end of the day, Warren is Native American, and the confusion brought by this issue really highlights the ignorance/racism prevalent in America.

A person doesn't have to be a high percentage of an ethnic background in order to have ancestors. DNA doesn't work that way. Simply put, without countless Native American ancestors, Warren would not exist today.

How so, you may ask? Well, her most recent family being heavily mixed with European DNA notwithstanding, even just one Native American ancestor automatically equates to thousands, if not more. As Siablo clearly pointed out, a Native American ancestor has parents, and those parents have parents, and those parents have parents, and so forth.

In my opinion, and as simple scientific fact, a person's DNA is their DNA. Percentages are merely superficial guides as to prevalence of the code, yet a person's entire body is influenced by these genes, no matter the percentage.

DNA testing has been a great discovery for me, personally, as I've discovered I'm all of the world in one person, pretty much.
    Awesome affirmative action is over right? I mean thanks to Warren we can all claim something.

Comment

Siablo's doing fantastic here; I'm glad to see him being direct with all of you, discussing issues point by point.

At the end of the day, Warren is Native American, and the confusion brought by this issue really highlights the ignorance/racism prevalent in America.

A person doesn't have to be a high percentage of an ethnic background in order to have ancestors. DNA doesn't work that way. Simply put, without countless Native American ancestors, Warren would not exist today.

How so, you may ask? Well, her most recent family being heavily mixed with European DNA notwithstanding, even just one Native American ancestor automatically equates to thousands, if not more. As Siablo clearly pointed out, a Native American ancestor has parents, and those parents have parents, and those parents have parents, and so forth.

In my opinion, and as simple scientific fact, a person's DNA is their DNA. Percentages are merely superficial guides as to prevalence of the code, yet a person's entire body is influenced by these genes, no matter the percentage.

DNA testing has been a great discovery for me, personally, as I've discovered I'm all of the world in one person, pretty much.
      Wow after your nice post on Honduras I cant believe you're immediately promoting cultural appropriation just like those liberal Indian givers of ages gone by

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
        Awesome affirmative action is over right? I mean thanks to Warren we can all claim something.
        There's a difference between sharing a background and being affected by that background. If you, superficially, look White, and have lived your entire life as a "White person," a DNA test in which you suddenly learn you're multiple "races" shouldn't be enough by itself to warrant entry into discrimination policies.

This doesn't mean that you aren't a variety of "races," either, but it does mean you likely weren't affected by the classification up to a level warranting discrimination-defense. It'd have to be proven, in some form.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
          Wow after your nice post on Honduras I cant believe you're immediately promoting cultural appropriation just like those liberal Indian givers of ages gone by
          It's not cultural appropriation if you actually stem from that ethnic background and culture. If it's a part of your family history, there's nothing wrong with embracing it, no matter your color.

My mind is more open toward this because I live on an island of mixed people of all colors, yet ones which recognize (albeit sometimes begrudgingly) that they are a mix of all those "races". I've seen the palest people you can imagine with what are commonly interpreted to be "Black features" and vice versa. And, as you can tell from my own DNA test, I'm practically all of the world in one person.

Comment

It's not cultural appropriation if you actually stem from that ethnic background and culture. If it's a part of your family history, there's nothing wrong with embracing it, no matter your color.

My mind is more open toward this because I live on an island of mixed people of all colors, yet ones which recognize (albeit sometimes begrudgingly) that they are a mix of all those "races". I've seen the palest people you can imagine with what are commonly interpreted to be "Black features" and vice versa. And, as you can tell from my own DNA test, I'm practically all of the world in one person.
            The indigenous over here disagree with you but then they are also trying to ban their black tribesman who have been with them for centuries https://www.npr.org/2011/09/19/14059...tions-decision

I guess what your saying is we need to be governed like Puerto Ricans are governing Puerto Ricans?

By the way whats your Taino percentage?
            Last edited by maracho; 10-20-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Jamaican DNA? What's that?

Did she get the job because of her Native American claims?

She has Native American DNA so nothing wrong with that title.
              ALOT of north american have NAtibe American DNA. Come on... not even 1%.. Just stop it

Comment

One who treats, heals, and performs surgery on trees and removes the sickly from the unsickly
                What the most popular tree you work with?

Comment

It does to those who aint militant gaytheists

Uh she was hired many times after that degree
                  You have any proof showing they hired her because of that? Surely if they hired her to increase their minority professors number you can find quotes of them acknowledging that that's the reason they hired her?

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                    ALOT of north american have NAtibe American DNA. Come on... not even 1%.. Just stop it
                    Does she have Native American ancestors?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      What the most popular tree you work with?
                      Usually the trees I work with the most ain't always the most popular and often just spring up via flying seeds or bird dung. That probably being the silver maple which gets huge but soaks in a lot of polution and pits out a lot of clean oxygen and transpiration .

However I trim all kinds of ornamentals and make them look real nice

Comment

Working...
                      X