Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Force General: Too many white men in USAF, must change to reflect demographics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    really?

you literally compared the status quo of black/hispanics to whites there.

that comment is very false... people in general have goals/aspirations some of them HAVE NONE AT ALL why did you make it a white/minority thing I can only imagine.

and before you say anything else I know a few people (blacks and hispanic) they are/were navy pilots, a marine and a navy seal thats why I find your comment to be nonsense
    WTF? If you say you know a few people that are pilots, then you are agreeing with me that minorities have the same goals as some white people- to fly planes. There is no way possible you thought I meant everyone had the same goal.

The general is looking to diversify the pilot pool. He seems to think the reason for the lack of diversity is opportunity and outreach and he looks to be doing something to correct that.

If you don't like my comments. fine.

Comment

Did they ever think that jet planes might be something minorities aren't really interested in? It's kinda like racing and skydiving. Not too many bruvvas there.

I'm sure if the had a sport bike squad that ride around on ninjas some bruvvas would sign up

Comment

that is what happens.... you take the battery test right off the bat right there they just competed with everyone equally unless they somehow got an advantage on the test cuz they were "white"?
        Then take it up with the general javi if you think there is nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          WTF? If you say you know a few people that are pilots, then you are agreeing with me that minorities have the same goals as some white people- to fly planes. There is no way possible you thought I meant everyone had the same goal.

The general is looking to diversify the pilot pool. He seems to think the reason for the lack of diversity is opportunity and outreach and he looks to be doing something to correct that.

If you don't like my comments. fine.
          the basis is that EVERYONE has goals they want to obtain etc. To say that there is a reason, in 2018, that blacks/hispanics are not getting the chance to be pilots because they are white is STUPID.
          thats my point.

The highest scores are the only ones pretty much allowed to enter.... so for example is some blacks/hispanics didn't do good on the test and a white guy did, who would you pass through?

Comment

the basis is that EVERYONE has goals they want to obtain etc. To say that there is a reason, in 2018, that blacks/hispanics are not getting the chance to be pilots because they are white is STUPID.
            thats my point.

The highest scores are the only ones pretty much allowed to enter.... so for example is some blacks/hispanics didn't do good on the test and a white guy did, who would you pass through?
            Did anyone post or say that? No so please shut the f-ck up with that.

obviously you give the best scores the spot. No one suggested otherwise, not me or the general in the article, which is why I have no idea what the f-ck you are posting about.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-24-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Sports are a meritocracy. Military appointments are not a meritocracy. Of course you know that. So the reason the NBA and NFL look the way they do is because the best competed with everyone equally and won out.

I don't think the general thinks that is what is happening here. Maybe you do, although I doubt it.
              Our whole society, especially at the elite levels are a meritocracy. Ironic how the best compete and win out in NFL and NBA, but not elsewhere in society. Particularly the air force where everyone can join for free, and enter flight school to become a pilot.

Comment

Did anyone post or say that? No so please shut the f-ck up with that.

obviously you give the best scores the spot. No one suggested otherwise, not me or the general in the article, which is why I have no idea what the f-ck you are posting about.
                its your very 1st post:

Good to see administrators asking the tough questions-why doesn't our employee roster look like the USA does?

The notion that minorities are not equipped or don't want to fly planes is ridiculous. Minorities have the same goals and aspirations as white people do, they just don't always have the same access to opportunities for a myriad of reasons.

Lets hope we see more of it until our jobs, academic institutions and our jails/prisons more closely resemble the demographic breakdown of US society.

for you its just not pilots.... but everything else you just stated at the bottom.

and dont think I forgot your past quote on that some blacks only gain success etc because they betrayed their race or some bullshit like that you wrote

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Our whole society, especially at the elite levels are a meritocracy. Ironic how the best compete and win out in NFL and NBA, but not elsewhere in society. Particularly the air force where everyone can join for free, and enter flight school to become a pilot.
                  No it isn't Jim. I didn't say there were no other meritocracies anywhere else in society.

Again there is a difference between pilots (west point, naval academy, air force) and staff (that walk into recruiting centers in the neighborhood).

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    ^^^^^ this right here...... exactly my point.... dunn is just hard headed and doesnt wanna write what he really feels imo he even said it himself you can only be successfull and black if you aline with the white man betray your race etc.... (not those words exactly)

Comment

its your very 1st post:

for you its just not pilots.... but everything else you just stated at the bottom.

and dont think I forgot your past quote on that some blacks only gain success etc because they betrayed their race or some bullshit like that you wrote
                      I posted it's good to see the general ask the question-I didn't make a statement that it was a fact. My god, can't you read.

I posted no such thing. Now you are just flat out lying. GTFOH!
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-24-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X