Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Africa The Biggest Threat to the World, and What should be Done about it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I think Bill Gates' charity is doing work in the African continent. I wonder if any of their efforts are addressing this issue
    I think the work he is doing is more about combating malaria and disease, and well as access to clean water and general aid.

Not sure if he is doing anything about education, contraception, family planning, or even trying to change the culture away from mass births is a woman's role, or trying to change the culture to a work ethic.

The population of Africa trebles every 40 years with the birth rate.

It has gone from 400 40 year ago, to 1.2 billion now, and it is will slow down but will still breach 3 billion in 40 or so years, and over 5 billion by 2100

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I don't think any is too much. There is plenty of resources available to handle the additional people. The question is do we choose to share those resources or do we continue to let a tiny percentage of the population monopolize them.

Take food for example. Part of your concern is how do we feed all these people. we live in a world where farmers are subsidized to not grow as many fruits and vegetables or herd as many cattle as they can to ensure that farmers could always sell their crop/products for enough to support themselves.

If we stopped doing that and instead focused on maximizing production to meet the world's needs, the farmers make their money from volume instead of from limiting supply to drive up prices.

With innovations in technology and transport, we can build upward rather than outward to house all these people and still allow them to be part of the global economy.

I'm not suggesting population expansion isn't an issue, I'm just saying that with some changes its not nearly as massive a problem as Many suggest IMO.

With Crops you need land, you also need fresh water. That in it self destroys forest, as it is cut down for farm land, and diverts water away from lake and other ecosystems.

Then we have over fishing, plus we live in a capitalist world, food cost money, and Africa does not produce a lot and export a lot of things to the world.

Still heavily reliant on aid, doctors, medicine from the world, mostly from the USA and Europe

The people themselves uses energy, they even breathe out CO2. With global temperature set to rise, farm lands will become desert, more droughts more crops failed, and you will get famine.

You have a fight over land, more people less land for them to have. You will get factions, ideological splits and war.

You will get mass migration, the rise of the far right, terrorism

3 billion extra people having a **** in a continent where very few have a sewer system or water purification plants.
      That is 3 million tons of **** everyday

They will also use and consume, produce garbage, pollute

The impact on the environment and the effect it will have on global warming should not be underestimated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        It’s none of your business or anyone’s else business what the Africans do in their own continent and in their own sovereign nations.

If anything Africa has the last purest most untapped resources in the world.
        They will be just okay.

It is pretty disgusting and dishonest after whites basically polluted the whole world, ruined the environment, as well as caused untold amounts of species to become extinct to try to criticize Africans for simply living their lives.

But I know just another thinly veiled race baiting thread
        This whole statement is completely baseless and just flat out wrong. I feel sorry for you walking around with that complete nonsense playing over and over in that space between your ears. You are what is wrong. Spreading misinformation and passing it off as fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          This whole statement is completely baseless and just flat out wrong. I feel sorry for you walking around with that complete nonsense playing over and over in that space between your ears. You are what is wrong. Spreading misinformation and passing it off as fact.

Instead of using ad hominem, why dont you properly refute his statement?

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            Instead of using ad hominem, why dont you properly refute his statement?
            Not worth the effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              Not worth the effort.
              I see, then why even respond in the first place? Should have used that "effort" as a rebuttal rather than waste it.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                I see, then why even respond in the first place? Should have used that "effort" as a rebuttal rather than waste it.
                Pointing out an outright lie was the point of responding. Why are you playing captain save a hoe?

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  We are sleep walking into a huge problem, that will cost billions of live and could well mean the end of the world.

That problem is Africa.

It's population is exploding and the strain it will put on the worlds resources will be too much.

40 years ago, Africa's population was 400 million, today is is 1.2 billion, by 2050 it will be 2.5 billion and responsible for over 60% of the world's population growth. By 2100 it could be 5 billion, that is despite the high mortality rate and mass migration to Europe and other parts of the world.

Their pollution, CO2 output will pollute the oceans and air, increase global warming.

Europe, North America and other first world countries populations have leveled off and are in decline in some places, even countries in South America, India and China's population is leveling off. As countries get educated birth rates do tend to drop off but so far it is not happening in Africa.

The world cannot cope, the migration crisis in Europe will come to a head, War, Famine, disease, as well as the effects from global warming and pollution of the oceans.

But for some reason, nobody wants to talk about this. The births rate stats and the populations predictions are all there.

Can anybody really see this ended well?
                  If the population is too high, then one of two things need to be done to thin out their numbers. Either bomb the continent with regular bombs to immediately take out a bunch of people or with some kind of gas to make all but maybe 2 or 3 of the men infertile so there's hardly any new births. If there's still too many, then drop more by them to make those guys sterile too so the population goes down in a decade or two. We should probably do this around here by the low income areas, where dumb motherf*****s can't seem to stop f****ng too, maybe put a limit on the number of kids at maybe 3, since there's over 7 billion people in the world now.

Comment

• See, this is the problem with boxingscene right here. It's always on some racist shiz. Let Sunspace talk, mods. Let me come in and cleanse with facts. Why you trippin', jaded?

Comment

• Jim jeffries, you're being rude! Leaving me such a nasty message!

I'll never marry your 34 year-old sister that way!

I was planning on introducing her to halal chicken

Comment

Working...
                      X