Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Elections Trump's black vote...up or down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    I don't care what people say. I look at what Trump says and what he does.

People call him anti-immigrant when he is anti ILLEGAL immigrant. HUGE difference, that's called enforcing the borders, and NOT RACIST.

People call him anti-Muslim because he set up a travel ban to properly vet people from several countries seen as threats, which by the way were selected from a list created by the Obama admin. So again, Trump is NOT anti-Muslim, simply doing what he feels will improve national security and vetting incomers from certain countries. NOT RACIST.

We had a thread here a few months ago showing a video of Trump greeting firemen, and allegedly skipping the black fireman and not shaking his hand. Whereas in the full video, we see that Trump already shook his hand, and that part was edited out of the posted video. NOT RACIST.

So Dunn, how exactly is Trump racist? Give me some actual evidence of his racism or what you deem to be racist.
    If you look at what he says and does, then how come you keep avoiding the things from his past that illustrate his issues with people of color?

Vlad, when you suggest that all illegals are Hispanic (and that they are all criminals and rapists) and don't discuss non Hispanic illegals that is racist.

Again, you are pretending there isn't more information that people are factoring in when they make a determination about what kind of person he is, like his retweeting anti Muslim videos and the anti Muslim rhetoric in his speeches.

Again, you use 1 video to dispel what people say while ignoring all the other information.

I did that last time Vlad-I listed all the times he was labeled a racist well before the election. I have pointed out the birther movement.

what you do is find 1 positive pro Trump example and somehow that washes everything away. You don't do this for any one else.

Comment

the brothas will come around. they always do. they just waiting for a more superior brotha to step up and endorse trump. once that happens, the rest will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        That don't have any.. it's all opinion/What they want others to see Trump as...

Like Trumps racist "attacks" on Lebron/Don Lemon

He attacked them cause they're black.. that's what they say.. Yet there is plenty evidence of him calling white people dogs/stupid etc

Maybe him attacking those 2 has nothing to do with race and everything to do with them being vocal critics of his? Not according to the left.. IT HAS TO BE ABOUT RACE
        I have previously listed all the ways Trump was labeled a racist prior to his candidacy for President. Vlad is being disingenuous or outright lying if he posts he didn't see it.

See what you are doing is going to frivolous things while avoiding the far more damaging actions. I don't know who says he attacked them because they are black, but that is frivolous.

Can you post a link showing where he was called out for attacking them because they are black?

What isn't frivolous is the housing lawsuits, the leading the birther movement, the statement that Mexican judge wasn't fit to judge him, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I have previously listed all the ways Trump was labeled a racist prior to his candidacy for President. Vlad is being disingenuous or outright lying if he posts he didn't see it.

See what you are doing is going to frivolous things while avoiding the far more damaging actions. I don't know who says he attacked them because they are black, but that is frivolous.

Can you post a link showing where he was called out for attacking them because they are black?

What isn't frivolous is the housing lawsuits, the leading the birther movement, the statement that Mexican judge wasn't fit to judge him, etc
          So you have nothing then? what's it now 50-60 years the guy has been in the spotlight and that's all you have?

LOL a NJ Dem senator called him out for it.. Type in Trump racist to Lebron in google and find 100's of articles

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            So you have nothing then? what's it now 50-60 years the guy has been in the spotlight and that's all you have?

LOL a NJ Dem senator called him out for it.. Type in Trump racist to Lebron in google and find 100's of articles
            I posted etc. because it makes no sense for me to post any more. You, Vlad and everyone that voted for Trump are surely aware of his past, you just choose to ignore it and then get upset when anyone points his history out and asks how you could vote for someone like that.

Look dude if you overlooked his past when deciding to vote for him, ok. That doesn't mean he isn't a racist, it means you don't care that he is.

Just don't get mad when you get called out for it or people don't just focus on other things he may have done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              If you look at what he says and does, then how come you keep avoiding the things from his past that illustrate his issues with people of color?

Vlad, when you suggest that all illegals are Hispanic (and that they are all criminals and rapists) and don't discuss non Hispanic illegals that is racist.

Again, you are pretending there isn't more information that people are factoring in when they make a determination about what kind of person he is, like his retweeting anti Muslim videos and the anti Muslim rhetoric in his speeches.

Again, you use 1 video to dispel what people say while ignoring all the other information.

I did that last time Vlad-I listed all the times he was labeled a racist well before the election. I have pointed out the birther movement.

what you do is find 1 positive pro Trump example and somehow that washes everything away. You don't do this for any one else.
              Trump talking about the Mexico border, which was the issue being discussed, was wrong to suggest that the illegals crossing there are Hispanics? Dunn, really?

He said all Hispanics are criminals and rapists? Really, is that how out of context you want to push it?

Birther movement? If anything the birther movement started among the Democrats who wanted to challenge Obama within the party. Trump didn't start the movement. And how is this racist? . You're obsessed with the birther movement.

Talking about Muslim extremists is racist, Dunn? Islam is a race? No it is a cancer of a religion with a backward mentality keeping people in poverty, away from progress and prosperity, is what it is.

Cry me a river, Dunn, seriously.

Comment

Trump talking about the Mexico border, which was the issue being discussed, was wrong to suggest that the illegals crossing there are Hispanics? Dunn, really?

He said all Hispanics are criminals and rapists? Really, is that how out of context you want to push it?

Birther movement? If anything the birther movement started among the Democrats who wanted to challenge Obama within the party. Trump didn't start the movement. And how is this racist? . You're obsessed with the birther movement.

Talking about Muslim extremists is racist, Dunn? Islam is a race? No it is a cancer of a religion with a backward mentality keeping people in poverty, away from progress and prosperity, is what it is.

Don't move the goalpost. You went from the issue being "immigration" to "Mexican border crossing" because I showed how his position is clearly racist.

Border security and immigration are not racist , but when you make it only about Hispanics in this context it is. How you can try and pretend it isn't is ridiculous.

Don't get mad at me. That is what he said. All you are doing is giving him the benefit of the doubt and clarifying it because you voted for a and support him. In any other case you wouldn't do this.

He championed it, Please stop lying about this. I don't understand why you have to lie other than you can't rationally defend it.

You are entitled to whatever opinion you want of Islam. Trump's position, combined with everything else he has said and done. leads some to conclude he is against the religion. His being against the religion is a primary reason why you support him because you share his views.

It's fine you share his views, but expressing that view is going to get you labeled the same way if you expressed negative views about Judaism or Catholicism.

No one is crying other than you. Trump is what he is. He is what his documented history says he is, If you didn;t care about it when you voted for him, fine.

Just stop getting mad that people point out his flaws and shortcomings.

Comment

Very well said. All factual.

But I promise it makes no difference to a rabid superfan like him. He'll still have his sad excuses, talking points, and team cheers ready in response.

Why you keep trying is a mystery to me.

You'd have better luck hitting the ESPN forums and getting a lifelong Red Sox superfan to suddenly become a Yankees fan.

You're wasting your time.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
                    Apparently Trump got 8% of the black vote in 2016.

Do you my Boxingscene fellows think that this % will increase or decrease in the upcoming midterms?

I think it's a fascinating question given everything that's going on

I don't know if I can make a poll? I didn't see an option for it when creating this topic on my phone.

Trump is perceived as racist by many and has said numerous inflammatory things. He has also engaged in infantile Twitter feuds with well known black men which may reduce his black vote (Lebron James, Don Lemon etc)

On the flip side the USA economy is doing relatively well and black unemployment is down. This in conjunction to some high profile black figures (Kanye West) publically showing support for Trump may increase his black vote.

What say you Boxingscene?

For disclosure, my personal opinion is that Trump will actually slightly increase his black vote this time (maybe 9-10%) in spite of all his perceived racism.

I think that the unemployment and economic figures will outweigh the drama and controversy in the minds of some black voters.

Thoughts?
                    I dont think the midterms are the best indicator.

You have to see the numbers when Trump himself runs in 2020 and compare them to 2016.

Off year elections aren't good indicators. The out of power party has momentum and are riled up, while the supporters of the party in office tend to get complacent.

Comment

His approval rating among blacks has doubled since last year, climbing at 36%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/1013212002/

Comment

Working...
                      X