Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago police set up bait truck near playground where kids are playing basketball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just give those poor kids some shoes. African Americans are naturally good at basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      You are creating criminals because these people would not actively go looking to steal. They're taking advantage of an opportunity.

Your type kills me with your fake tough on crime approach. You want law enforcement hard on the average person but don't want an investigation into Trump and will claim some crazy conspiracy theory.
      so that's ok?

what if i'm going out today, minding my own business and not looking to steal anything, then i see and injured man on the floor and see and opportunity and take his wallet. does that mean i'm not thief and just taking an advantage of an opportunity? no of course not. It's just theft.

Cut it any way you want, these people have a thieves mentality an we don't want people like that on the streets. They had a choice and they chose to be thieves.

As for people saying the police should focus on murders etc.. no, they have to focus on everything. They can't just be putting full attention to certain kinds of crimes and not others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        I don't like this idea because they're just kids and I doubt the cops would do something like this in a white neighborhood. Sounds like they're trying to pad arrest records. Are they really that desperate to lock minorities up?

That said... While I believe that this is dangerously close to entrapment, I don't think it qualifies as such unless undercover cops have personally tipped off the kids about a truckload of sneakers.

EDIT: The cops should do something like with Trader Joe's veggie wraps in Williamsburg (hipster section of Brooklyn) or Tribeca (artsy section of Manhattan).
        You must of missed my post. The youngest person was 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          I don't like this idea because they're just kids and I doubt the cops would do something like this in a white neighborhood. Sounds like they're trying to pad arrest records. Are they really that desperate to lock minorities up?

That said... While I believe that this is dangerously close to entrapment, I don't think it qualifies as such unless undercover cops have personally tipped off the kids about a truckload of sneakers.

EDIT: The cops should do something like with Trader Joe's veggie wraps in Williamsburg (hipster section of Brooklyn) or Tribeca (artsy section of Manhattan).

Rahm Emmanuel is the tool of all tools.

Who the hell does their budgeting?

Not to mention all the money and resources spent just to charge a few people with petty theft. Meanwhile, the murder rate is through the roof with not enough resources on hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            so that's ok?

what if i'm going out today, minding my own business and not looking to steal anything, then i see and injured man on the floor and see and opportunity and take his wallet. does that mean i'm not thief and just taking an advantage of an opportunity? no of course not. It's just theft.

Cut it any way you want, these people have a thieves mentality an we don't want people like that on the streets. They had a choice and they chose to be thieves.

As for people saying the police should focus on murders etc.. no, they have to focus on everything. They can't just be putting full attention to certain kinds of crimes and not others.
            They're taking advantage of poor peoples desires. Those people didn't wake up that morning planning on robbing a Nike truck. Who is the victim in this so called crime? They didn't knock someone upside the head & take the shoes.

Comment

They're taking advantage of poor peoples desires. Those people didn't wake up that morning planning on robbing a Nike truck. Who is the victim in this so called crime? They didn't knock someone upside the head & take the shoes.
              Decent people won't rob a truck, rich or poor. Not all the poor people are thieves and have that mentality. Nice of you to make a sweeping generalisation of the poor there though.

You make a choice to steal. Temptation is everywhere.

Comment

Decent people won't rob a truck, rich or poor. Not all the poor people are thieves and have that mentality.

Nice of you to make a sweeping generalisation of the poor there though...
                You can't "rob" a truck.

And there are lots of people you'd consider decent who steal in other ways. Especially on taxes and other financial forms where they fudge the numbers on the forms. Or go to the doctor and claim fake pain in order to get pills.

Comment

You can't "rob" a truck.

And there are lots of people you'd consider decent who steal in other ways. Especially on taxes and other financial forms where they fudge the numbers on the forms. Or go to the doctor and claim fake pain in order to get pills.
                  of course, as i said, temptation is everywhere and you make a choice to be honest or a thief, rich or poor.nobody should make excuses for anyone that like that.

Here you're talking about taking advantage of poor people's desires to defend them. Get some perspective.. I'll bet these "poor" kids already have Nike shoes, have good phones, computers at home. This isn't the 3rd world, it's just a bit of a rough place in a very privileged country. These young people can go to school, libraries, use their technology items to learn and better themselves. It's all there for them. They know right from wrong. They chose to be thieves.

why not have a desire to improve their situation in a decent way? they could. I'm talking from experience. I grew up with nothing, not a home half the time and didn't start stealing at any easy opportunity, just as many others don't in that situation.

If their first thought is to steal something at the first easy opportunity, then they're just bad apples that will end up causing more problems in future unless they change.

Until they stop playing the victim when they do wrong and people like you keep letting them and defending their actions, things will never improve.

Comment

of course, as i said, temptation is everywhere and you make a choice to be honest or a thief, rich or poor.nobody should make excuses for anyone that like that.

Here you're talking about taking advantage of poor people's desires to defend them. Get some perspective.. I'll bet these "poor" kids already have Nike shoes, have good phones, computers at home. This isn't the 3rd world, it's just a bit of a rough place in a very privileged country. These young people can go to school, libraries, use their technology items to learn and better themselves. It's all there for them. They know right from wrong. They chose to be thieves.

why not have a desire to improve their situation in a decent way? they could. I'm talking from experience. I grew up with nothing, not a home half the time and didn't start stealing at any easy opportunity, just as many others don't in that situation.

If their first thought is to steal something at the first easy opportunity, then they're just bad apples that will end up causing more problems in future unless they change.

Until they stop playing the victim when they do wrong and people like you keep letting them and defending their actions, things will never improve.
                    You don't know what people are doing because they aren't being set up and caught. People who you consider decent people are taking advantage of opportunities also. These are victimless crimes. Cops should not be creating criminals over victimless crimes.

Comment

You don't know what people are doing because they aren't being set up and caught. People who you consider decent people are taking advantage of opportunities also. These are victimless crimes. Cops should not be creating criminals over victimless crimes.
                      Victimless crimes? no such thing.

There's a shop near me that has it's fruit outside all day. It'd be fairly easy to keep stealing all of it. Nobody will get hurt or be victim right? seems harmless...until the guy goes out of business or an employee has to lose their job because they're losing money because people don't want to pay for their goods.

There's no such thing as a victimless crime. someone is losing out. whether the knock on effect from it is minor or drastic, it's irrelevant. If everyone decided to partake in what you call a "victimless crime", we would have a hell of problem on our hands.

stop acting like the thieves are the victim in this. They are the problem. A bait truck only highlights that. They might be opportunist thieves, but they're still guilty.

Making excuses for them only makes things worse. I'm not just talking about this particular incident with the truck. Anybody that makes a choice to steal should be held accountable, even if they had the opportunity purposely put under their noses. They made a choice.
                      Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-11-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X