No announcement yet.

Rioting in Haiti!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rioting in Haiti!

CNN)The US Embassy in Haiti warned its citizens Saturday to stay inside amid continued demonstrations in the capital of Port-au-Prince and a northern city following a fuel price hike.

Protesters have been demonstrating this week against a sharp rise in fuel prices ordered by the government.

An estimated 120 American and 100 Haitian guests are staying in a Port-au-Prince hotel where demonstrators earlier tried to set fire to the hotel and get past security, said Stacy Librandi Bourne, an emergency medical professional from HERO Client Rescue who is at the Oasis Hotel.

US officials told tourists and missionaries to shelter in place.

"Do not attempt to travel at this time. Avoid protests and any large gathering of people. Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks," a State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs official said.
    There are no reports of US citizens in Haiti being injured, the embassy said.

Well, that spoils my summer vacation plans

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      What real nukka goes to Haiti for Vacation? You aint no real nukka

Comment

I provided this information for people just like you....
        best go to Detroit this summer; go to some Tigers baseball games, pick up some cheap urban lots.

Comment

No wonder the Dominican Republic doesn’t want them crossing into their country. I feel for those people. Bad farming practices, growing only one or two crops, etc, really hurt their environment badly.

There are so many people that need help in the world.

Anyone have any idea how much money the clintons never gave the Haitians when the collected donations for Haiti?

Comment

Let me know when you are planning the Jamaica trip.

Comment

Maybe Hillary can go down there and have some hospitals, schools and homes built from the tens of millions that was raised for Haiti relief through the Clinton Foindati...oh wait, she already broke that promise, never mind.

Comment

Obviously this is Americas fault.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Maybe Hillary can go down there and have some hospitals, schools and homes built from the tens of millions that was raised for Haiti relief through the Clinton Foindati...oh wait, she already broke that promise, never mind.
                  Sean Penn will set it all straight...

Comment

Meanwhile, executives at Red Cross are living on the high horse with all of that unallocated earthquake money.

Comment

Working...
                    X