Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump To Rescind Obama Era Guidelines On College Admissions Based On Race

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to effect whites more than anything. Obamas school era guidelines likely effected Asians the most clearing way for white students.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Remember Bob, this was proved to be genuine.

Gee, I wonder how they got that idea he was born in Kenya.

Source:
      https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/promotional-booklet/

You got any ideas how they got that background info, or why they would make that up out of the clear blue (and yet somehow got the country of his ancestry correct ) and post it???
      I looked that stuff up when you guys mentioned it before, and it was just a mistake. They assumed (probably due to his name, I imagine) that he was a foreign student.

The person who made the mistake acknowledged that's all it was.

Why do you hold on to stuff like this?

You got the freakin' Russians turning our country upside down, and yet you deny that with all your heart. But a typo? You'll believe that 100%

O_O

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Sorry, but I'm not denying any facts. You're the one pretending something is in his books which isn't there.

You have no quotes from the book proving your arugment, nor any alternate sources as well. After perusing the books myself, I have come to the matter of fact that your claim is inconsistent with reality.

That the facts upset you is unfortunate, but there is nothing I can do about that. I won't change my stance just because your feelings are hurt.

I'd be glad to change my stance if you can prove that it is incorrect, however.
        Well, you made your choice.

No skin off my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          This is going to effect whites more than anything. Obamas school era guidelines likely effected Asians the most clearing way for white students.
          Not really.

Putting more whites in at the cost of Asians would actually lower the minority percentage, and that can't happen.

The slots the Asian kids lost out on went to 'other than white' kids.

Comment

Originally posted by MCorps View Post
            I looked that stuff up when you guys mentioned it before, and it was just a mistake. They assumed (probably due to his name, I imagine) that he was a foreign student.

The person who made the mistake acknowledged that's all it was.

Why do you hold on to stuff like this?

You got the freakin' Russians turning our country upside down, and yet you deny that with all your heart. But a typo? You'll believe that 100%

O_O
            Not even to mention that he's already released his birth certificate.

And further, despite 1bad's belief, being an international applicant to US graduate programs lowers the chance of being admitted. This is a well understood and accepted phenomena by those applying to graduate programs (just go on any of those forums to see for yourself).

But hey, don't just trust me. Look at the admissions statistics yourself. I was recently perusing the admissions data for computer science masters programs and found this to be the case in the programs.

For fall 2017 at Duke's ms computer science:
            US applicants admitted - 39%
            International applicants admitted - 11.7%
            https://gradschool.duke.edu/about/st...ent-statistics

Or University of Wisconsin's ms computer science for fall 2017 shows:
            13.1% International applicants admitted
            44% US White or Asian applicants admitted
            https://dataviz.wisc.edu/views/Gradu...showVizHome=no

Etc etc

The gist here is that 1bad thinks he applied as a foreign exchange student to give himself a huge handicap in the admissions process. Big head scratcher there, that's for sure.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-04-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              I'm pretty sure Obama would never push any policy that benefited white people at the expense of non-whites.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Well, you made your choice.

No skin off my nose.
                As you wish.

But if you get the time to find evidence from his book, or anywhere else, that proves he was an "admitted underachiever" then you may feel free to send that info my way and I will admit I was wrong.

Until then, I have to take the side of the evidence available to me at this time. If the cost of that is being on ignore, so be it.

Comment

I see no problem with how things are. I have a son that just for into college. The criteria has changed. It is not so race driven its based on his scores and income. The big problem is "Hardship" and how it is being misused by rich Caucasian kids who wear Prada to class and know how to manipulate the system. Asians not getting into Harvard is like the smallest problem we have . They are are in 99.9 other schools. Remember college is first and foremost a business. My nephews are having a tough time getting necessary classes to graduate because they are being filled by foreigners who pay alot more and come with dormitory and meal paid plans.

Comment

Yes they did and funded by Bill Gates. In addition those kids are doing excellent because outside of being accepted they have no money to party. Their job is to be students they had outstanding scores and family makes less than 60-70k
                    Last edited by NotaPachugger; 07-04-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                      True.

Yep.

The reason those schools are safe is because who goes to them and who doesn't.

Put all the computers you want in some schools it won't make a difference. Those computers will either be stolen, destroyed or used to watch rap music videos and play video games all day.

They had that experiment where a liberal judge had his wet dream fulfilled and a number of schools in Kansas City could go nuts and pretty much spend all the money they wanted on their schools including knocking down a bunch of schools and building new ones.

https://www.amren.com/news/2008/05/catastrophe_in_1/

Now the last time this was brought up one of the posters here said the problem is that the money was used to buy computers instead of pencils and paper and that the people running those schools had an incentive to fail because that meant the money would keep rolling in.

Well first, money was spent on pencils and paper and every other thing a school might need including books so that wasn't the issue. Second, although you could argue the people in those schools wanted to fail because it meant the money would keep rolling in there are a couple problems with that. One, liberals would LOVE to show that black kids are just as smart or even smarter than white kids if only their schools were just as good. Second, if those schools failed to produce results the gravy train would eventually end because it's going to be really difficult to justify the lavish spending year after year when it doesn't produce any results and starts bankrupting the local government.

A funny thing is that a lot of poor Asian students actually do quite well in school. That's because they're not dumb, they actually work in school and at home and their parents are motivated to see them succeed. A lot of black students have none of those things going for them. Not all, but a lot.

No link is 100% accurate these days . You could post 100 links and the truth can only be obtained if you go out to those neighborhoods and get the real scoop or are a by product of those neighborhoods.

Wrong all opinion no facts.

Nigerians are black and do well.

It's going to be a big problem for everybody.
                      How is that? White collar crime, opiod addiction, child molestation and mass shootings are mostly committed by by Caucasians and we are still a great nation. Oh Latino and Blacks are just good frontline Army/ Marine pawns to protect white power?

What exactly do you think I wish for?
                      Status quo

Comment

Working...
                      X