No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    It is interesting. It's been a good world cup for unexpected results.

I really think the gap between the countries is getting smaller in terms of talent. Apart from the very ***** teams like Saudi Arabia, most teams have players playing in top divisions all over Europe. It's not like in the past when you have a bunch of unknowns turning up from some tin pot league in their home countries.

Also, 4 out of the last 5 winners have failed to make it out of the group in their next world cup. Must be something to that.
    Yes, I'm convinced this is something more than coincidence, I agree with everything you say though. This Croatia team, which has looked as good as anyone in this WC is littered with dudes playing in La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A. I wonder what some of the typical powerhouses will do after this WC, if there will be a change in their general thinking after most of these blue blood teams that rolled with older, proven guys have been bounced early by younger, less experienced teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      Russian collusion and I want them tested, disgusting
      They've been warned by Putin....win or else it's Siberia without a coat for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        Yes, I'm convinced this is something more than coincidence, I agree with everything you say though. This Croatia team, which has looked as good as anyone in this WC is littered with dudes playing in La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A. I wonder what some of the typical powerhouses will do after this WC, if there will be a change in their general thinking after most of these blue blood teams that rolled with older, proven guys have been bounced early by younger, less experienced teams.
        It's the mistake England always made. Too loyal to the big name players, even if they can't cut it anymore. That's why i'm glad we've gone with a young team this time. We might not do anything, but at least we'll have given it go rather than arrive at the world cup with a load of names who are over the hill.

Look at Argentina. Mascherano is playing in China, did they really think he can go and boss a midfield v France in a world cup?

Comment

• What a crazy situation

Comment

• Eh this ref... can u get a more blatant red card? It was an open goal

Comment

• OMFG

Comment

• Like can someone explain to me?

Since when can u hack a guy out when he has a open goal from 5 yards and not be sent off?

A penalty and yellow card is not equal to a blatant goal

Comment

• Here we go again

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    Like can someone explain to me?

Since when can u hack a guy out when he has a open goal from 5 yards and not be sent off?

A penalty and yellow card is not equal to a blatant goal
                    The rule is now if they consider it a genuine attempt to get the ball, it's a yellow.

Whether you think he was attempting to get the ball or not is another matter.

Comment

• Both teams miss their open penalty kicks.

Comment

Working...
                      X