The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
    SJWs don't like England?
    you dont read?? it's all over reddit, twitter and headlines bunch of SJWs news site. they got triggered because bunch of drunk merry white mens flying st george cross and singing nationalistic song.

apparently patriotism in global sporting event is racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Who do you guys reckon will get the best player of the tournament award?

Kane or Lukaku will get it only if respectively England or Belgium get to the final i think.

Modric and De Bruyne have been brilliant but they haven't scored many goals which will work against them even though they have been and are the brains of their teams. They don't have the star power of Messi who didn't score much but got the award 4 years ago.

I'm thinking Mbappe. He's young, had a great performance against Argentina. I've seen people comparing him to 17 years old Pele. If France wins he's a lock to win the award imo.
      mbappe always surprise me, didn't expect him to be this good at this kinda of great scale tournament.

Comment

Who do you guys reckon will get the best player of the tournament award?

Kane or Lukaku will get it only if respectively England or Belgium get to the final i think.

Modric and De Bruyne have been brilliant but they haven't scored many goals which will work against them even though they have been and are the brains of their teams. They don't have the star power of Messi who didn't score much but got the award 4 years ago.

I'm thinking Mbappe. He's young, had a great performance against Argentina. I've seen people comparing him to 17 years old Pele. If France wins he's a lock to win the award imo.
        Has to be Messi for me

Comment

• They’ll f.uckin wheel Messi out again.

Depends who wins the thing I suppose if they’re being genuine which they never are, should depend on performances in the remaining 3 games.

Realistically if England were to win Jordan Pickford would probably have to be our best player.

Modric is the best player left in the tournament so they like doing that and he has played well. Mbappe is a breakout star but probably needs to do it again in a semi at least. Lukaku, Hazard, KDB could get it on remaining performances

My list in no order

Kane
          Maguire
          Pickford
          Modric
          Mpabbe
          Griezmann
          KDB
          Hazard
          Lukaku

Smart money on Mbappe or Modric

Comment

• Right now I would say Pickford, if it'd been Hart in the net for England there's no way we'd still be in the tournament. However, I think that success in this tournament comes through team effort rather than brilliant individuals for the most part. It's the reason England have gotten where they are and the reason Russia upset more talented teams for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              What Columbia up to now anyway?

Can we send them a postcard telling them to go f.uck themselves?
              Dodging their own fans and bullets

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...reats-12850616

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                If something were to happen they need to consider whether Columbia are allowed to play tournaments again.

The pressure somewhat explains their players behaviour a little. It was pure desperation from the first whistle. Desperate to get a red card out of the ref and start a fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                  Right now I would say Pickford, if it'd been Hart in the net for England there's no way we'd still be in the tournament. However, I think that success in this tournament comes through team effort rather than brilliant individuals for the most part. It's the reason England have gotten where they are and the reason Russia upset more talented teams for instance.
                  I think Croatia's keeper would get it before Pickford.

Comment

• Sir Alan Shearer

The voice of an angel.

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/1015698540268609536?s=21

Comment

I think Croatia's keeper would get it before Pickford.
                      Yeah that keeper is like a guaranteed shootout win

Comment

Working...
                      X