Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The legacy of Antonio Conte continues to grow.

Southgate and England’s success is by some amount a reflection of Antonio Conte’s revolution in England.

You can’t tell me Southgate would’ve thought of this formation and tactics without Conte moving to Chelsea.

Conte didn’t invent the 3 defender line but he made it okay to use it again and the result is what we are seeing from England.

Cheers for them and Southgate but gotta recognize the source as well. One Antonio conte.

Comment

• Sweden!

You have been weighed!

You have been measured!

And you HAVE been found wanting

Comment

• Also lets not diminish this teams achievement.

We all thought they were pony. And Southgate was geeky bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
          They won't

Croatia will beat us in midfield but they have the same issues as Sweden - lack of pace. We'd be sweeping them counter after counter

France and Belgium are both quality but for France, I expect Deschamps to do something ******ed like he did in Euro 2016 (playing Pogba where Kante plays and benching Kante) thereby shooting themselves in the foot and I think Belgium will be overawed by the occasion
          Croatia (fingers crossed) vs England will be a worthy semi-final so we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            The legacy of Antonio Conte continues to grow.

Southgate and England’s success is by some amount a reflection of Antonio Conte’s revolution in England.

You can’t tell me Southgate would’ve thought of this formation and tactics without Conte moving to Chelsea.

Conte didn’t invent the 3 defender line but he made it okay to use it again and the result is what we are seeing from England.

Cheers for them and Southgate but gotta recognize the source as well. One Antonio conte.
            It's true. There's a lot of Juventus/Italy influence in our team now in terms of system and set up and I like it a lot. We've moved away from the archaic 442 to something more modern and effective

Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
            Croatia (fingers crossed) vs England will be a worthy semi-final so we shall see.
            England will #48 Croatia

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Sweden!

You have been weighed!

You have been measured!

And you HAVE been found wanting

Comment

• SouthGOAT!

Englands best performance so far but seriously get Sterling out he's an actually ****ing bum.

Didn't know a lot about Pickford before and heard bad things but upto now he's been brilliant. I think we might finally have a GK that's not a donkey.

Its coming home!

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  The legacy of Antonio Conte continues to grow.

Interesting take. Foreign influence on English soccer shining through?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
                    Interesting take. Foreign influence on English soccer shining through?
                    Yo homie.
                    Seems like you the one who has been getting *****ed on this World Cup.

Damn those Powers That Be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Also lets not diminish this teams achievement.

We all thought they were pony. And Southgate was geeky bum.
                      Yep.. everybody in the football thread was pretty much "anyone but Southgate"

He's done a great job tactically.. England finally have a system which helps the players

Comment

Working...
                      X