No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Anyone else hoping Fellani puts his elbow through Neymars skull?

England lucky to beat Columbia? England have Denmark level talent? And apparently it's us who are over the top?

Just look at the tripe you yanks post.. Flicker is the only decent non bias one. England destroyed (6-1) the team that stopped you qualfying for the world cup.. You have no place to talk

Southgate is building a great set of lads and if we don't win it here.. we will in the USA/Canada/Mexico WC
    I'm learning something new every day from the yanks in this thread by popping in daily.

Thank god they're here to tell us what our uneducated eyes are watching at this World Cup.

Comment

• Ideally I’d like a final of England vs San Marino

In fairness to the yanks it is hard to place us.

We have one excellent player and a load of other half decent ones who in contrast to English players of yesteryear aren’t terrible people liable to capitulate under the weight of their own ego.

Let’s be honest pick one out at random. The only one in our ‘golden generation’ you wouldn’t eat after a few days in a crashed plane desert island situation is Frank Lampard.

We are the 6th or 7th best team left on paper as has been said.

Yanks won’t know we just don’t beat Sweden either. Once in eight attempts at tourneys. They won’t be trying to DDT Kane in the box like all the non European teams we’ve faced.

England have got this far because they’re not ******ed. Essentially. The Columbians complained about the American ref but a ref from an established nation England likely would have won 3-4 nil against 9 men.

Sweden is creeping closer to a 50/50 for me. Take Kane out it is a true pick em. And when that’s happening you can’t bank on any one player being fully fit at this stage. Although that Beligium game has helped England enormously.

The ref is also a European so all the variables are lining up to make this a razor close game. Possibly penos again

That’s my last rational post on this though.

England are gonna create a stylish, moderately priced wooden, storage unit to house Swedish misery. We’ll distill their tears with elderflower and carbonate it making a refreshing soft drink etc...
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-05-2018, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Just imagine if England get to the final though. People will actually die.

Comment

• I've even heard positive remarks about this England team from the Scots and Irish.

Very bizarre times we're living in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            I've even heard positive remarks about this England team from the Scots and Irish.

Very bizarre times we're living in.
            Heard some negative ones.

Along the lines that we should get a grip and we’re not gonna win it.

The whole point is just to enjoy it. This is the first one I’ve enjoyed since Euro 2004.

England fans that are trying to temper expections are also annoying me. Especially as literally nobody thinks we are actually going to win the World Cup but just being aggressively optimistic is lovely.

Comment

• Anything can happen now from here to the final. That's the beauty of knockout football.

I think every team in it is at least capable of dragging it out to a 0-0 draw against any other team and then from penalties, who knows. Every quarter final is somewhat evenly matched i think.

Russia are probably the weakest team left in it on paper, but they're more than capable of taking any other team to penalties, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

The whole point is just to enjoy it. This is the first one I’ve enjoyed since Euro 2004.

England fans that are trying to temper expections are also annoying me. Especially as literally nobody thinks we are actually going to win the World Cup but just being aggressively optimistic is lovely.
                Getting carried away is the only way to enjoy football. At the end of the day, it's not that important, no matter how much i love it. I'll happily get carried away and optimistic and enjoy myself. once we're out, i'll be gutted for a bit but it's really not going to affect my life.

People should just enjoy the ride and stop trying to take the joy out of everything.

Comment

• It's a bit odd i think Southgate deserves great credit for the system that seems to finally play to the lads strengths.. Just look back

David Seaman (world class all though prone to being lobbed from 40 yards)
                  Gary Neville (world class/fight me if u don't believe it)
                  Rio Ferdinand (World Class)
                  Sol Campbell/John Terry (World class imo)
                  Ashley Cole (world class)
                  Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham? (all world class)
                  Owen/Rooney (probably again up there)

Like the weak spot was always left wing and not getting a system which suited the players.. For Svenn Name>>> Everything else

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  I'm learning something new every day from the yanks in this thread by popping in daily.

Thank god they're here to tell us what our uneducated eyes are watching at this World Cup.
                  It's a bit cringeworthy.. Kinda like women talking about sports.. My partner came downstairs after putting son to bed.. saw the score was 1-1 and her comment was "oh come on just shoot and score" (Maguire had the ball in the defence)

Thank's for the technical breakdown love -.-

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    Getting carried away is the only way to enjoy football. At the end of the day, it's not that important, no matter how much i love it. I'll happily get carried away and optimistic and enjoy myself. once we're out, i'll be gutted for a bit but it's really not going to affect my life.

People should just enjoy the ride and stop trying to take the joy out of everything.
                    Exactly! It’s really fun tbh.

Same reason I love the Olympics.

Then you’ll get some old c.unt who complains that the funding for Olympians should be diverted to public services.

All public health research would tell us that the nation is healthier when it is happier. And success in sport encourages youngsters and oldsters to take up sport. When at this stage we more or less know good food and exercise and sleep is the biggest protector against virtually all chronic illness

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

Oh for sure, but i mean I've heard a couple of Irish fans on the radio say they cheered and were happy for England after the win, a scottish bloke i know said it's nice to have an England team not full of c*nts. Thats about it, but it's the only time i've ever heard a positive thing uttered from those who bear the proverbial chip.

And yeah, if you can't enjoy a good cup run as an underachieving team then you should probably stop watching football and watch Snooker or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X