No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    How can a team that was so dominant in qualifying be so bad at the WC? They won all 10 games and outscored UEFA teams 43-4. WTF happened to the krauts?
    4 out of the last 5 world cup winners have gone out in the group stage now.

Seems like the pressure of being defending champions is getting to the teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      How can a team that was so dominant in qualifying be so bad at the WC? They won all 10 games and outscored UEFA teams 43-4. WTF happened to the krauts?
      IDK what group they had.. but if it was anything like Englands it might explain it..

Usually there is one strong team (Germany) and one decentish team.. with the rest no hopers..

Mexico.. Sweden and even Korea look good

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        germany losing in russia, no surprise here.

Comment

germany losing in russia, no surprise here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            IDK what group they had.. but if it was anything like Englands it might explain it..

Usually there is one strong team (Germany) and one decentish team.. with the rest no hopers..

Mexico.. Sweden and even Korea look good
            I mean, yeah, it wasn't stacked with killers. Northern Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway etc. But this is Germany, they manhandled everyone. They did not look like Germany in all 3 WC games. Gonna watch them closely and see what happens to them in the near future. Could they succumb to a similar fate as the Dutch?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              4 out of the last 5 world cup winners have gone out in the group stage now.

Seems like the pressure of being defending champions is getting to the teams.
              This is a good point, something to keep in mind going forward.

Comment

• is everyone here gonna cheer for serbia next?

Comment

• Could you imagine now if Serbia beats Brazil and sends them home?

Comment

is everyone here gonna cheer for serbia next?
                    A big part of me wants to, but I picked Brazil to win it all, so I'm torn between wanting to be right and wanting to see anarchy

Comment

is everyone here gonna cheer for serbia next?
                      Yeah i will.. but nowhere near like how i was cheering for Argentina/Germany to go out

Comment

Working...
                      X