No announcement yet.

"Thank you for your serivce"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Friends I know always say it. 4th of July this weekend etc.

It's annoying and I don't like it.
    Well then tell them that

If you already have and they still do it I can see why you're irritated doe

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Well then tell them that

If you already have and they still do it I can see why you're irritated doe
      I do. This is why I only go to my close friends house to swim bbq drink.

It just bothers me that people don't really know what this holiday is about. Holiday is a loose word.

They don't give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        It's actually about to thunderstorm here lol. Kind of happy to be honest.
        Heavy thunder in UK bud

Comment

Originally posted by Laddie_Loc View Post
          Look, If I paid 100 Dollars and we both came while hanging out of each other's arseholes... then why can't I high-Five you?

I'm just being courteous. Sheesh, Hungcules.

Comment

Quit wearing this shirt everywhere you go then, dickhead.

Btw, I wanna take this time to thank my girlfriend's husband for his service.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              It does feel patronizing but i do feel there r people that truly appreciate the service. I dont like the whole "hero" thing, very few are heroes that go to war and they r usually recognized.
              Its definitely patronizing. I used to do call center bs & I always HATED having to say that "I appreciate your service" bs. They even used to make us say that to anyone associated with a solider. So like I'd have to say, "thank you for your son's/husband's/uncle's/etc. service" too if it got brought up in the conversation ffs.

And the hero thing is a bit much too. Saying every solider is a hero is like saying ever best buy employee is Employee of the Month.

My cousin was in the army & fixed cars & sold weed to soliders (which he eventually got kicked out for). Was he a hero? I mean to American citizens, I'm sure he was a hero to the cats he sold weed to cuz he had a nice hookup back in the day.

Comment

It's nothing but a tag line that politicians use to force Americans to support their pointless wars that accomplish nothing for actual Americans.

support the troops = support our dumb fcking pointless war were sending them to.

If you say I don't support the war they somehow turn it to, "but you don't support the troops?"

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Its definitely patronizing. I used to do call center bs & I always HATED having to say that "I appreciate your service" bs. They even used to make us say that to anyone associated with a solider. So like I'd have to say, "thank you for your son's/husband's/uncle's/etc. service" too if it got brought up in the conversation ffs.

And the hero thing is a bit much too. Saying every solider is a hero is like saying ever best buy employee is Employee of the Month.

My cousin was in the army & fixed cars & sold weed to soliders (which he eventually got kicked out for). Was he a hero? I mean to American citizens, I'm sure he was a hero to the cats he sold weed to cuz he had a nice hookup back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  If you say I don't support the war they somehow turn it to, "but you don't support the troops?"
                  Yea that was a great bait n switch tactic people fell for for a long time. People are wiser now, but then again they took a lot of L's with that bs before they got wiser.

Comment

I’ll say thanks when/after I gaffle your azz up, as I make you go to Mexico, and pretend not to notice your uncle violating many Geneva convention suggestions.. suggestions, then Mexican officials stepping in, and Z explaining the situation with several phone numbers... .. then you will, upon my orders, forget what you think you saw..and then steadily forget what you think you might have imagined you saw... and then, only then, take your lil sack of big cash to remind you of what you never saw or imagined you witnessed!

Comment

see this is why this is stupid to get mad over.

If someone says "thanks for your service" that is them breaking out of there shell to try and be nice to you. Does it matter if they're heart really isnt in awe and admiration of you/service? I mean wtf they trying to be nice to you, take the niceness and keep it moving.

This just sounds like the biggiest emotional cry baby shit, mad cause people try to be nice to him but he dont like it cause he thinks deep in theyre heart they really not nice or care about what he went through, facts no on really cares what you go through lmfao all we can do is do nice GESTURE and ACTS and that is Being NICE.

Like if im walking and accidentally bump you, and I say "sorry man" is that not a nice sincere gesture etc? even though emotionally I can care less if I bumped you? I say sorry cause I want to let you know it was a accident and no malice or ill intentions were meant from it but am I really sorry cause I bumped you? no.

Some of you nerds needs to get off your pitty party and man it the fuck up already.

Comment

Working...
                      X