Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do to help your community?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do to help your community?

I currently volunteer at an organization that helps children with disabilities. I regularly help clean up my town and highways. I'm part of a group that visits the elderly. I donate to the EDF (Environmental Defense Fund, an organization that helps fight global warming).
    I do these things not for the recognition, but because it's the right thing to do.

What are some ways you all help your community?

Local clean up projects, including beach clean up, member of our volunteer fire and disaster relief group created by the city council.

Take jhonny to visit the elderly for a few hours each month.

Shovel snow in the winters for my neighbors.

Support “Hands on Tokyo” a charity that does many charitable acts.

Buy local goods at higher prices to keep the money in my little neighborhood, I got a fish guy, rice guy, veggie guy, milk guy, bread guy, and a beef & chicken guy.

I pick up jhonny’s caca, and rinse his piss off the streets.

I donate a lil cash monthly to a local charity.

I belittle local politicians who lie and play games.

That’s pretty much it.

I’m an azzhole!

Comment

I play cello at the old folks home....I read for the kids at the local day care....I separate my recyclables for trash day....and if I'm going to perform illegal activities I go out of town. I don't shet in my own nest.

Comment

I never rape anyone. And I also pick up trash, mostly my own though.

I'm a good man.

Comment

I'm not a Christian, but there's a local youth group I get together with when they do various charity work. Last winter we knitted hundreds of hats and mittens with local pro sports team themes and handed them out at a shelter. Besides the obvious helping people out, it's really rewarding to be a part of an event where people who don't share the same religious views work together.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

I'm a good man.
            Yeah i like to keep crime in my area to a minimum out of respect.

But sometimes i slip when i see a lady walking by herself at night and i indulge myself...I feel a little guilty the next day but a nice morning run gets that out the system.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              But sometimes i slip when i see a lady walking by herself at night and i indulge myself...I feel a little guilty the next day but a nice morning run gets that out the system.

I read this part with Steven Segal's voice.

Comment

I'm a good man.
                Man you should be given your own holiday or something

Comment

we started a gang to patrol our own community. im not sure if this was more good or bad to the community tho.

Comment

I read this part with Steven Segal's voice.
                    I try and read everything in Segals voice.

Comment

Working...
                    X