No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    People are putting way too much stock in the Warriors' win against Portland, that team has 2 guards who play very similar and they lack a wing/ rim protector. Warriors legit need KD and KD was brought in for a reason, I don't see why Durant gets disrespected the way he does, we've seen Steph tire when the series becomes physical and his shot constantly fall short. Warriors need someone with a solid inbetween game to maintain that shooters keep their legs fresh.

Just like the Rockets losing ain't even as surprising anymore, Ariza made such a huge difference for the Rockets and CP3 is no longer an elite PG. That's not taking anything away from the Warriors because I believe they would have always beaten the Rockets. Just things to look at going into this Raptor series because Raptors aren't lacking in those departments.

the same ariza that was bricking 3s left and right in that game 7? ariza is more washed up than chris paul. what has ariza done since leaving the rockets???? same with mba boute?

they were replaced rather quickly by morey.

the problem with the rockets has always been #1 daryl morey and his moreyball offense and #2 james harden and his glaring flaws as a franchise player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      People are putting way too much stock in the Warriors' win against Portland, that team has 2 guards who play very similar and they lack a wing/ rim protector. Warriors legit need KD and KD was brought in for a reason, I don't see why Durant gets disrespected the way he does, we've seen Steph tire when the series becomes physical and his shot constantly fall short. Warriors need someone with a solid inbetween game to maintain that shooters keep their legs fresh.

Just like the Rockets losing ain't even as surprising anymore, Ariza made such a huge difference for the Rockets and CP3 is no longer an elite PG. That's not taking anything away from the Warriors because I believe they would have always beaten the Rockets. Just things to look at going into this Raptor series because Raptors aren't lacking in those departments.
      I'd say its because the perception is KD was established as a player years prior to the Warriors even developing as a team. Steph is seen as an ATG and the greatest shooter ever, but people still see him as a novelty in terms of what he does.

KD will forever be linked to LeBRON. He is an icon in basketball but is a very great role player, based on how GS uses him and i think that is what throws people off.

Comment

• Update:
        Center DeMarcus Cousins, out with a torn left quadriceps muscle he injured in Game 2 of the first round against the Clippers, hadn't been ruled out for Game 1 though Kerr mentioned the magnitude of coming back on the finals stage after so much missed time.

Kevin Durant is traveling with the Golden State Warriors to Toronto for the first two games of the NBA Finals, leaving open the chance he could be ready to return from a strained right calf in time for Game 2.
        There will be two full days off before Game 2 on Sunday, giving Durant time to get further on-court work done that the Warriors would need to see before he is medically cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Update:
          Center DeMarcus Cousins, out with a torn left quadriceps muscle he injured in Game 2 of the first round against the Clippers, hadn't been ruled out for Game 1 though Kerr mentioned the magnitude of coming back on the finals stage after so much missed time.

Kevin Durant is traveling with the Golden State Warriors to Toronto for the first two games of the NBA Finals, leaving open the chance he could be ready to return from a strained right calf in time for Game 2.
          There will be two full days off before Game 2 on Sunday, giving Durant time to get further on-court work done that the Warriors would need to see before he is medically cleared.
          I saw that earlier too. Happy Durant will come back.

Boogie...eh. he's too slow and now hurt for the Warriors system.

He should come off the bench.

Comment

• Warriors in 5

Comment

• Cavaliers in 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingStained View Post
                the same ariza that was bricking 3s left and right in that game 7? ariza is more washed up than chris paul. what has ariza done since leaving the rockets???? same with mba boute?

they were replaced rather quickly by morey.

the problem with the rockets has always been #1 daryl morey and his moreyball offense and #2 james harden and his glaring flaws as a franchise player.
                It's easier to appear washed up on a team that isn't going anywhere, Ariza can still defend, I'm not making excuses for a team I dislike the most but that win meant nothing to me. Neither did sweeping Portland.

This series on the other hand should be fun.

Comment

• “Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has made his entire roster and future draft picks available in trade talks, a dramatic initiative with hopes of reshaping the team into a championship contender, league sources told ESPN,”
                  This off season is going to be crazy, perhaps starting on June 20th(draft). Add to all the trades expected, Davis etc, There are tons of free agents that might move on, Durant, Irving, Cousins, Leonard etc.

Crazy!!!!!!

Comment

• Everyone get your predictions in before Game 1 starts.

I'm picking Toronto in 6 games.

Comment

• GS in 6 or even 5.

Other then Kawhi, I expect the pressure to get to Toronto a little bit. Enough for GS to take advantage in tight games, which most of them will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X