Collapse
No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So as I was talking about how the Bucks as a whole are more confident than the Raptors things seemed to have switched, Bledsoe is looking defeated out there, Middleton went off on Mirotic as well. It's hard to pick who's gonna win this series.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I’m old enough to remember when the Utah Jazz swept the Lakers and the Bulls went 7 games with the Pacers. The Jazz were flat and out of sync for the first couple of game and Bulls seemed to have the momentum.

Or the rest could be great for the Warriors....We’ll see
      Could happen that way but you know those Bulls were really good as well. Not hard to imagine if the Bulls got a sweep and the Jazz went seven that series might have gone the same way.
      As a coach I hate playing a team that just came off the court while we have been sitting. What's worse, playing cold the first half and being warmed up the second or starting warmed up and dealing with fatigue the second. Guess it depends on he team.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Rounds 2 and 3 were pretty intense for them, losing players and constantly having to fight back from big deficits. I think they need the rest mentally and physically. It will probably be tricky incorporating KD and Cousins back into the lineup after all the success they've had without them.

I'm sure Kawhi would love some rest right now lol
      Although Durant and Cousins are questionable for the season, still Curry and Thompson are playing through injuries right now. Agree the chemistry would be altered if they returned now, especially Cousins who is not in playing shape from what I heard. That is why I thought the time would be their ally.

Comment

• Lessons from the NBA playoffs this far

1 )The warriors never needed Durant. He needed them to finally get a ring. If he didn’t jump on Chef Curry’s back he would still be ringless.

2) Kawhi Leonard is an emotionless machine. The guy just keeps on making play after play on both ends of the court.

3) Portland wasted everyone’s time. Listen with that pathetic showing they might as well have let Denver win that game 7. They didn’t even get one game not ONE.

4)Brook Lopez could end up being the X factor in a Bucks championship run. Yes Brook Lopez. Now that he has a three point shot he’s dangerous. When he’s on the Bucks have an added dimension.

Comment

• 5. you cant disrespect the history and tradition of the game by eliminating the mid range and post game and expect to win a championship by spamming 3s and flopping at the rim. aka moreyball.

6. last but not least, "people" in "charge" of the nba rigged the draft once again:

-two small market moribund teams lose/about to lose their franchise players (conley/gasol and anthony davis) and are quickly rewarded with the top 2 pick in a two man draft while the two biggest markets are rewarded with the 3rd and 4th pick with the lakers having 2% chance of getting a top 5 pick thus giving the lakers and or knicks a shot at trading for AD whose only real attractive option is to go to the lakers or knicks.

of course they could end all speculation and just show the ping pong balls being selected. ffs, state lotteries show the ping pong balls being selected but somehow the nba cant?

these people aint even trying to hide their kabuki theater machinations anymore.

Comment

• Just here to remind people that Durant is exhibit A of why only counting rings is the dumbest way to assess a great player's legacy.

Comment

• Big game tonight.

I think it’s going seven games, but if Toronto and steal this one on the road, it may be a wrap for the bucks.

Siablo and drake gonna be rockin some boners if lebronto gets to the finals.
              Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 05-23-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• I really like what I'm seeing from Kawhi. Gasol NEEDS to start hitting some shots.

Comment

• Re

Epic collapse by the Bucks...up 2-0, cant get a win in Toronto, get beat back home.

Comment

• Experience pays off in the playoffs, you have seen this repeatedly in nba history

Bulls couldn’t get past the vet pistons

Rockets schooled the young but more talented magic

Shaq and Kobe getting schooled by OGs Stockton n Malone

Kobe n Shaq, and spurs always thumping out suns n mavs

Big 3 in Boston schooling the young east

Okc getting eliminated by spurs or heat

This year blazers got hot, but inexperienced in big games, and the warriors showed their experience in big games

Toronto has been playoff tested and adding a champion like kwawi and vet like gasol and they are out dueling the Uber talented but still green Milwaukee

Comment

• The fact that Kawhi is probably the best at keeping his composure it allows his team mates to remain confident, Siakim said this himself. This still far from over but I really hope Raptors make it to the finals.

Comment

Working...
                      X