Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Have Such A Big Problem Accepting Being Wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Have Such A Big Problem Accepting Being Wrong?

The last couple days here I've had some of the wonkiest lil debates with people with cats clearly wrong about some sh^t. I'll leave out the specific debates & names where one nutty mfer kept trying to move the goalposts on what I said to fit his narrative better & a much more humorous one today with what a "unification fight" is to some other nutty bastard.

But regardless of my specific issues with those people why is it so hard for people to just say "you know what...you might be right...thanks for correcting me"?

I got 26k posts here. I've been wrong a sh^tton about various topics. And upon being proven wrong or just corrected on something I thought was right at first but ultimately wasn't, I usually just say "oh sh^t you're are right, thanks" or give a dude some karma for getting me up to speed on something I was clearly wrong about or not up to date on.

Thats not to say I haven't had opinions disputes with people where neither of us could prove we were right til some future event may or may not take place or perhaps its not something either of us could ever prove we are right.

But thats what I usually try to do when something is provable & I realize I was clearly wrong or mistaken. And I see others who take that approach as well, but its clearly a minority of people who handle things that way.

Why is that a thing most dudes can't do here doe? Why can't dudes just accept being wrong, man up & not defend a bad thing even to the point of making themselves look petty & often times just straight up stupid & instead just move forward with the right info now? Is it some ego sh^t? Do they legit believe they are right? Are they not even able to digest things being broken down to them cuz they are so committed to being personally right over getting the right info? Whats is going on with this silliness my brothers & sissies?
    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-28-2018, 11:34 PM.

It's a male trait. There have been psychological studies on this.

Men prefer to learn by doing, not by being told what to do.

This is why boys generally don’t do as well as girls in school. They don’t want to sit still and listen. They want to experiment with stuff, move stuff around, find solutions for themselves.

Grown men don’t readily give up this part of themselves. Hence, if a man is lost, asking for directions is like admitting defeat. He had to ask for assistance. He couldn’t figure it out for himself. How humiliating!
    Men want to win.

Men want to emerge victorious. They want to be effective. They will soldier on alone, if need be. So, don’t get him off track by engaging in a discussion of the problem, especially if you are suggesting a solution that seems perfectly logical to you but goes against his grain. If you pressure him to do it the ‘logical’ way, don’t be surprised if instead of thanking you for the suggestion, he brusquely tells you to back off and leave him alone.
    Men want to be strong.

Men don’t want to be told what to do. Read a self-help book? Nah, it will just make him feel vulnerable. It will tell him what he’s doing wrong. It will tell him how to do things differently. Who needs this? He’s gotten along fine in life. Why change? Better to just suck it up, let her complaints roll off his back, let time pass and things will get better by themselves. Or so he hopes.
    https://psychcentral.com/blog/why-me...or-directions/

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The last couple days here I've had some of the wonkiest lil debates with people with cats clearly wrong about some sh^t. I'll leave out the specific debates & names where one nutty mfer kept trying to move the goalposts on what I said to fit his narrative better & a much more humorous one today with what a "unification fight" is to some other nutty bastard.

But regardless of my specific issues with those people why is it so hard for people to just say "you know what...you might be right...thanks for correcting me"?

I got 26k posts here. I've been wrong a sh^tton about various topics. And upon being proven wrong or just corrected on something I thought was right at first but ultimately wasn't. I usually just say "oh sh^t you're are right, thanks" or give a dude some karma for getting me up to speed on something I was clearly wrong about or not up to date on.

Thats not to say I haven't had opinions disputes with people where neither of us could prove we were right til some future event may or may not take place or perhaps its not something either of us could ever prove we are right.

But thats what I usually try to do when something is provable & I realize I was clearly wrong or mistaken. And I see others who take that approach as well, but its clearly a minority of people who handle things that way.

Why is that? Why can't dudes just accept being wrong, man up & not defend a bad thing even to the point of making themselves look petty & often times just straight up stupid & instead just move forward with the right info now? Is it some ego sh^t? Do they legit believe they are right? Are they not even able to digest things being broken down to them cuz they are so committed to being personally right over getting the right info? Whats is going on with this silliness my brothers & sissies?

This isn't even a lately thing cuz, it's been happening for a long time. Mofo's will go down on fire with a fire extinguisher next to them rather than admit they are wrong and reach for the extinguisher. It's very very very rare when you see someone admit on here they were wrong.

Comment

I used to be like that, having a problem admitting I was wrong.

I changed my ways

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
          It's a male trait. There have been psychological studies on this.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/why-me...or-directions/
          I wonder how that became a male trait. Some caveman days sh^t still around type thing maybe. Interesting.

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          This isn't even a lately thing cuz, it's been happening for a long time. Mofo's will go down on fire with a fire extinguisher next to them rather than admit they are wrong and reach for the extinguisher. It's very very very rare when you see someone admit on here they were wrong.
          Oh yea I didn't mean to imply this was a new thing by any means it was just the fact the wrongness was so apparent with these people that I couldn't shake the feeling that these cats were trolling or must spend days trying to put a square peg in a round hole in their "regular life" with this sorta wonky hardheadedness & it got me thinking about this stuff more.

Also solid analogy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I used to be like that, having a problem admitting I was wrong.

I changed my ways
            Respect.

Being wrong does suck lets be real cuz its an L basically & L's suck ass, but if you loosen up on your ego about it & just take it as a learning experience its not THAT bad a thing.

Comment

IDK I notice Ill be having lil debate with people in NSB and these ****ers are straight up lying about **** to prove their points and its not even lies where its personal so we never really know its lies about like fights and what took place etc.

In real life if im wrong im wrong idgaf I'll say it, I have even admitted defeat here sometimes but that usually out of fucking duress like okay okay stop torturing with your stupidity nukka I give up.

Comment

I wonder how that became a male trait. Some caveman days sh^t still around type thing maybe. Interesting.

Oh yea I didn't mean to imply this was a new thing by any means it was just the fact the wrongness was so apparent with these people that I couldn't shake the feeling that these cats were trolling or must spend days trying to put a square peg in a round hole in their "regular life" with this sorta wonky hardheadedness & it got me thinking about this stuff more.

Also solid analogy lol.
                Hah no doubt, anyone who was here for the Pacquaio vs Mayweather build up knows this place can get pretty rancid with that kind of shh and the troll problem here has pushed many of us to other platforms to talk boxing. Things have started really resembling a site for women rather than men talking sport.

Comment

Respect.

Being wrong does suck lets be real cuz its an L basically & L's suck ass, but if you loosen up on your ego about it & just take it as a learning experience its not THAT bad a thing.
                  I think it's a little worse on here (especially this crazy ass forum lol) because nobody will let you live it down if you make a bold prediction and end up being wrong.

Also, you kind of stop giving a ****, at least I did

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    IDK I notice Ill be having lil debate with people in NSB and these ****ers are straight up lying about **** to prove their points and its not even lies where its personal so we never really know its lies about like fights and what took place etc.
                    Oh yea lol no doubt. Some of these dudes are way worse then others.

Some go outta there way to f#ck with facts lmfao. Thats a whole other thing probably & further down the rabbit hole of accepting being wrong.

In real life if im wrong im wrong idgaf I'll say it, I have even admitted defeat here sometimes but that usually out of fucking duress like okay okay stop torturing with your stupidity nukka I give up.
                    LMFAO. Yea on some sh^t I just go into "agree to disagree I'm done bro" mode cuz things aren't moving & whats the point at a certain point.

I'll ignore mfers like that who won't let sh^t die cuz you can't talk to mfers like that. And I don't wanna engage with people who can't bend on sh^t when its clear they NEED to bend on sh^t to even start moving in a more correct direction.

Comment

Working...
                    X