No announcement yet.

Larry Bird or Lebron James?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Lebron is a very good player. He could potentially be top 10 all time. Maybe.

It's just way too hard to consider him great when he flops... travels... disappears in the clutch... and jumps from team to team.

He's a bit of a b*tch. That's the reason why he get so much ****.
    I agree with all you said except the flopping. I think flopping is apart of the game, brings a lil WWE to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I agree with all you said except the flopping. I think flopping is apart of the game, brings a lil WWE to the game.
      Lol. Flopping is such a b*tch move man.

Comment

hahaha, Im a huge Laker fan and I used to cringe at some of the flopping Derrick Fisher used to do but it gets you to the line and you still gotta make your free throws. But I do get what you mean, its just become a part of the game.

Comment

Heres an interesting fact I pulled up though:

At 30 years old, Larry Bird was statistically better than LeBron James in every major category. Bird also won the MVP Award that season. ... In fact, you won't find any player in NBA history (including Jordan) whose numbers are more identical to LeBron's than Larry Legend.

Comment

James is the better player.

In fact James is the best all around player in the history of the league.

Bird is a much better shooter.
            Bird is a slightly better rebounder.
            Bird is more "clutch".

James is a better scorer.
            James is a much better ball handler.
            James is a better passer.
            James is a much better defender.
            James is much more athletic.
            James can play more positions.
            James can defend more positions.

Thats before we get into accomplishments. In which James leads Bird in just about all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              James is the better player.

In fact James is the best all around player in the history of the league.

Bird is a much better shooter.
              Bird is a slightly better rebounder.
              Bird is more "clutch".

James is a better scorer.
              James is a much better ball handler.
              James is a better passer.

James is a much better defender.
              James is much more athletic.
              James can play more positions.
              James can defend more positions.

Thats before we get into accomplishments. In which James leads Bird in just about all of them.
              No way was Lebron a better passer than Bird and Ball handling, Lebron is more physical but I think Bird had a better court awareness.

Comment

Bird was more than a shooter though. Lebron could out physical Bird in a 1 on 1 but he isnt the team guy like Bird. His switching from team to team is evidence of that whether you think his team picking is a factor of play or not. Also Bird made damn near all his free throws. He finished with like an 86% and a couple years he was in the 90's. Bird didnt have the size and strength that Lebron has but he didnt need it. Imagine if he did?
                Like I said before, Bird is an all time great. Bird didn't have the weight and strength of Lebron. I have him as the second best small forward.
                What's special about Lebron is that, he has the size of K. Malone but can run the floor as a point guard, can go down low and check a center and still still is going strong like, it's his rookie season.
                I love my old school athletes from all sports but can give it up to the new guy, who's equally as great, if not greater.

Comment

Bird. His stats won't add up because he was surrounded by great player's the majority of his career but if I had to pick one guy for one game I would put my money on bird. He had that killer in him LeBron will never have

Comment

No way was Lebron a better passer than Bird and Ball handling, Lebron is more physical but I think Bird had a better court awareness.
                    Wait are you serious?

Bird has never played PG.

He has never been his team's primary/best ball handler and do it day in day out.

Also how is James not a better passer? He has more more assists while playing his career with less talent. Thats like me saying James is the better rebounder even though Bird gets more boards.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Wait are you serious?

Bird has never played PG.

He has never been his team's primary/best ball handler and do it day in day out.

Also how is James not a better passer? He has more more assists while playing his career with less talent. Thats like me saying James is the better rebounder even though Bird gets more boards.
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X