• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    dont do it, YOU WILL FUCK YOURSELF UP!
    Thats not true.

Comment

I've done water fasting several times. And I did IF hardcore for about a year (lost like 50-60lbs) when I was badly out of shape from playing online poker all day. I'm a big believer in fasting having positive effects on the body & I think keeping your body in digestion mode 24hrs a day virtually due to the modern day eating schedule is bad & leads to a lot of health issues Americans, & other people are starting to, have.

With water fasting its a bit of a mfer for the first couple days. Once you get past the 3rd or so day though you'll probably be surprised how much easier it gets & how much energy you'll still have. You might even find you have more energy then normal for a couple days. I've only did it for 7 days. I start feeling too weak around that point & I believe thats enough of a detox at that point. I don't think this is a great weight loss thing I'd throw in there as that seems to be what you are thinking. This is more a detox thing.

If you wanna lose weight with fasting try IF. That sh^t is damn near magical. Idk the science behind it but I know I was eating, more or less, the same amount, just in a 4-6hr window typically iirc & fasting for 18-20hrs a day & it was like weight was melting off of my body after a couple weeks of that.

Comment

You can only lose 2-3 pounds of body fat in a week, whatever you lose after that is going to be muscle and water. I don't recommend it, your body needs salts and other nutrients to survive and thrive. But this sort of fasting is not the same for everyone, the younger and more healthy you are, the less impact it may have on you. But if you are older or dealing with other health issues, you may want to reconsider or at least consult with your doctor.

Those old medieval bread and water diets they used to give to prisoners was a slow death. Eventually your body breaks down and withers away with nutrients. Now a dab of peanut butter on that bread will sustain you but bread and water alone will kill you slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          For how long? Id only do that for a day like after a weekend of drinking in Vegas...
          for however long you want,
          some peeps do it for 3 days, 7 days and even 28 days

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          I dont know man but when I got my wisdom tooth pulled and I just was on liquids and when I ate solid food took me like a week to get back to normal my stomach was all fucked up and that was just like a week of liquids imagine longer.
          im surprised because theres a lot of health benefits to water fasting and even dry fasting

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
          I do complete dry fasting. Going without food or water for many days. It's great but the 4th and 8th day are particularly challenging.
          how long do you do dry fasting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I've done water fasting several times. And I did IF hardcore for about a year (lost like 50-60lbs) when I was badly out of shape from playing online poker all day. I'm a big believer in fasting having positive effects on the body & I think keeping your body in digestion mode 24hrs a day virtually due to the modern day eating schedule is bad & leads to a lot of health issues Americans, & other people are starting to, have.

With water fasting its a bit of a mfer for the first couple days. Once you get past the 3rd or so day though you'll probably be surprised how much easier it gets & how much energy you'll still have. You might even find you have more energy then normal for a couple days. I've only did it for 7 days. I start feeling too weak around that point & I believe thats enough of a detox at that point. I don't think this is a great weight loss thing I'd throw in there as that seems to be what you are thinking. This is more a detox thing.

If you wanna lose weight with fasting try IF. That sh^t is damn near magical. Idk the science behind it but I know I was eating, more or less, the same amount, just in a 4-6hr window typically iirc & fasting for 18-20hrs a day & it was like weight was melting off of my body after a couple weeks of that.
            kewl thanks for sharing you experience bro

ive done IF in the past with great results,
            i just want to do water fasting to see how quick i can burn fat

the last two days ive been doing IF and only eating within a 2 hour period

Comment

I wanna give water IF a shot and only eating during dinner, but how can i do it without my coffee in the morning?

Comment

I usually do a 3 day water fast every month and every few months I do 10+ days. The longest I went was 17 days. If you're doing more than 5 days, watch out for refeeding syndrome though when you break a fast. Watermelon is usually recommended for breaking a long fast.

Im pretty sure you've done you're research and there are tons of helpful information online. Just know what you're doing. Good luck and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                  I wanna give water IF a shot and only eating during dinner, but how can i do it without my coffee in the morning?
                  When I was doing IF empty calorie liquids were fine all day. I'm not sure how empty coffee is calorie-wise, cuz I don't drink it at all, but my assumption is coffee doesn't have THAT many calories. Ik tea was cool & I drank that a lot during my time doing it.

Either way I doubt a cup or three of coffee outside your eating window would completely eff up your results.

Comment

Nothing says healthy like eating no calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                      just got to have the coffee during the open window when you eat

Comment

Working...
                      X