No announcement yet.

Man dies after getting his head stuck in a cinema seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies after getting his head stuck in a cinema seat

A cinema customer seriously hurt in a freak cinema accident where his head became wedged in an electric chair has died, it emerged today.

The horrific incident took place at Vue Cinema at Star City after the man dropped his phone in between the Gold Class seats at the end of the film.

When he bent down to retrieve it, the electric seat’s footrest is said to have clamped down on his head.

He was taken to hospital after the incident.

Today Vue Cinema confirmed today he had sadly died.

A spokesman for Vue said: "Following an incident which took place on Friday 9 March at our Birmingham cinema, we can confirm that a customer was taken to hospital that evening.

"We are saddened to learn that he passed away on Friday 16 March.

"A full investigation into the nature of the incident is ongoing. Our thoughts and condolences are with the family who have our full support and assistance."

Mark Croxford, Head of Environmental Health at Birmingham City Council said: "The City Council’s Environmental Health team were notified of this incident and a Health and Safety investigation has begun.

"We are unable to comment further at this stage, as the investigation is ongoing."

The victim was said to be stuck as his frantic partner and staff battled to release him in the incident.

The chair’s foot-rest was eventually broken free and he was released.

An ambulance that had been called took the victim to Heartlands Hospital.

A source had said: “The Gold Class seats are electric reclining seats. He bent down to look for his phone. At this point the leg-rest was in an upright position.
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...tomer-14435107

RIP but...Final Destination.

Comment

I'm sorry but I just cant conjur any sympathy for a guy who got beat by a chair.

Comment

If this guy wasn't a 102 years old his family shouldn't even attend the funeral.

Wut in the f#ck. How you get TKO'd by a mfing chair?!?!

Comment

Diversity = more wedged-head in cinema seat deaths.

Thanks UK!

Discuss,

Comment

RIP to the guy but I am having a hard time picturing how the hell did this actually happen..

Comment

Star city

Used to club there as a kid

Lot of guns

Comment

All those years of humans rubbing their asses on chairs.

Now chairs are finally getting their revenge.

War chairs!

R.I.P. Lawsuits are coming for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  RIP to the guy but I am having a hard time picturing how the hell did this actually happen..

machinery can be super dangerous, and i'll even go so far as to say that most complex machines are inherently dangerous. unless it's explicitly designed to distinguish when a person is in danger or being pinched or crushed it will jsut keep running.

sounds like there needed to be some kind of guarding system in place to keep this area of the machine inaccessible by anybody who isn't trained. and if that's not possible, for there to be some kind of guarding system that makes it impossible for somebody to have access to the dangerous part of the machine while it's being used.

i'm guessing dude was pinched by something as the chair folded from a reclined position to an upright one, and that he was either cut by sharp edges or crushed / asphyxiated. my money is on him being crushed, unable to breath, and dying that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    All those years of humans rubbing their asses on chairs.

Now chairs are finally getting their revenge.

War chairs!

R.I.P. Lawsuits are coming for sure.
                    I think farting on it would have triggered them chairs.. say no to fecal harassment..

Comment

Working...
                    X