Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should drug dealers get the death penalty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    Nah, cause most drug dealers who actually get caught aren't even real dealers - they are just users who are trying to make a quick profit so they can get their drugs, and/or help their other user friends out.

And most of the time they get caught because their user friend got pinched for possession, and the cops say "set up a buy for us and these will either be dropped completely, or reduced down to some misdemeanor." So they call their user friend/acquintance up who of course is more than willing to help them out, and they don't think they have anything to worry bout cause "they aren't dealers."

Probably at least 85% of the cases I see are based on a situation like this.

Now, maybe if you wanna say "if you catch a guy with metric tons" or some shyte - cause that's what the real big dogs move - is metric tons a month.

Or set some crazy high limit on what could constitute the death penalty.

And maybe if they have a lot of aggravating factors including prior history.

IDK, doe, I still say no.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      Kill them, no, but maybe harsher punishment should be looked at. You deal multiple times maybe 20 years no parole?
      This sounds better. Maybe a 3 strikes for drug dealers. Of course there would be uproars for certain communities, since some communities have a much higher disproportionate rate of doing this than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        This sounds better. Maybe a 3 strikes for drug dealers. Of course there would be uproars for certain communities, since some communities have a much higher disproportionate rate of doing this than others.
        why not blame the drug users? if there was no demand we wouldnt have this problem

Comment

too broad to answer, for me

low level or king pin
          proof he dealt the drugs that led to a death ?

if you ask me, illegal drug users are playing russian roulette. just a matter of time.

Comment

why not blame the drug users? if there was no demand we wouldnt have this problem
            You think drug dealers have no blame for this? They poison the community. It's like the Brits in the late 19th century forcing China to import opium and then when the Chinese population was heavily addicted to the drug, they blamed them for wanting the drug.

In fact, many Asian countries like Singapore and Thailand they either give out years or the death penalty. Their drug problem is very low. They learned their lesson from looking at what happened to China in the past.

Like I said, certain communities will be in an uproar no matter what, because those communities disproportionately deal drugs.

Drug dealers create that demand, by getting people addicted. To say drug dealers is not the problem is laughable.
            Last edited by Theodore; 03-19-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

You think drug dealers have no blame for this? They poison the community. It's like the Brits in the late 19th century forcing China to import opium and then when the Chinese population was heavily addicted to the drug, they blamed them for wanting the drug.

In fact, many Asian countries like Singapore and Thailand they either give out years or the death penalty. Their drug problem is very low. They learned their lesson from looking at what happened to China in the past.

Like I said, certain communities will be in an uproar no matter what, because those communities disproportionately deal drugs.

Drug dealers create that demand, by getting people addicted. To say drug dealers is not the problem is laughable.
              drug dealers dont create the demand

i didnt say drug dealers arent to blame. theres a certain community that is disproportionately dying from opiods

Comment

drug dealers dont force their product on anyone. not an ounce. they dont go knocking on doors trying to get customers.

why is it hard to phantom customers being solely to blame for their demise ?

Comment

drug dealers dont create the demand

i didnt say drug dealers arent to blame. theres a certain community that is disproportionately dying from opiods
                  Yep, there is a community disproportionately dying from opiods. But there's also a community disproportionately locked up for dealing drugs, still are today. Like I said, certain communities will be in an uproar because they are disproportionately represented in drug dealing.

Looking at history, like the China-British Opium Wars, drug dealers/suppliers create that demand by getting people addicted. Those are facts.

Trump may not get the death penalty for drug dealers, but tougher drug laws for them? That's a good possibility.

Comment

Yep, there is a community disproportionately dying from opiods. But there's also a community disproportionately locked up for dealing drugs, still are today. Like I said, certain communities will be in an uproar because they are disproportionately represented in drug dealing.

Looking at history, like the China-British Opium Wars, drug dealers/suppliers create that demand by getting people addicted. Those are facts.

Trump may not get the death penalty for drug dealers, but tougher drug laws for them? That's a good possibility.
                    When there’s no drugs left guess what. People still want to use them. Even if they’re not addicted. Dealers don’t create demand

Comment

At this point who gives a ****, it's a broken record. Nobody's going to stop the drug trade period, no matter what you do.

If you want to stop drug lords there's only one way to do it. Legalize and tax drugs, undercut them and take all their money. Legalizing drugs will effectively destroy organized crime.

Where else would they get their revenue?

Comment

Working...
                      X