No announcement yet.

Official Tommy Robinson thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    He was outside spouting inaccuracies and unconfirmed facts about the case that could've potentially influenced the jury. Sometimes when that happens cases have been known to collapse. It's nothing to do with free speech, it's about ensuring the the judiciary can do their job. Here's a quote from the judge who sentenced him last year:

"“This is not about free speech, not about the freedom of the press, nor about legitimate journalism, and not about political correctness,” the judge told Robinson at the time

“It is about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, it’s about being innocent until proven guilty.

“It is about preserving the integrity of the jury to continue without people being intimidated or being affected by irresponsible and inaccurate ‘reporting’, if that’s what it was.”
    He was "outside," that's the operative word. The jurors are going to hear Tommy Robinson speaking in a normal tone outside?

Also, it is about free speech. I just realized how free a country the United States is. We are the freest country on earth and I think, I and fellow Americans, take that for granted.

In United States, people can protest outside courthouses and people actually frequently do that.

As an observer of foreign current events, I expect suppression of free speech in countries like Russia or China, not Great Britain. It's very odd to me what is going in there.

I support Tommy Robinson and hope other Brits stand up and fight for their country.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      He was "outside," that's the operative word. The jurors are going to hear Tommy Robinson speaking in a normal tone outside?

Also, it is about free speech. I just realized how free a country the United States is. We are the freest country on earth and I think, I and fellow Americans, take that for granted.
      Congrats U.K., a new low. Forcing newspapers and websites to scrub mention of this guy getting arrested for being outside a courthouse.

In United States, people can protest outside courthouses and people actually frequently do that.

As an observer of foreign current events, I expect suppression of free speech in countries like Russia or China, not Great Britain. It's very odd to me what is going in there.

I support Tommy Robinson and hope other Brits stand up and fight for their country.
      There's plenty of censorship in America. It just isn't done by the government except that Charlotteville thing where the government broke many laws to end an Alt Right protest. Oh yeah, they'll also fire you if you post something they don't like on a blog if you work for them.

Aside from total liberal control of major media (Fox is limited in many ways with what they'll allow people to say)
      most censoring of free speech is done by businesses when they fire people for saying things that aren't approved of by commies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
        Congrats U.K., a new low. Forcing newspapers and websites to scrub mention of this guy getting arrested for being outside a courthouse.

There's plenty of censorship in America. It just isn't done by the government except that Charlotteville thing where the government broke many laws to end an Alt Right protest. Oh yeah, they'll also fire you if you post something they don't like on a blog if you work for them.

Aside from total liberal control of major media (Fox is limited in many ways with what they'll allow people to say)
        most censoring of free speech is done by businesses when they fire people for saying things that aren't approved of by commies.
        I agree that there's a lot of censorship in America. Social media like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc. all censor content.

Conversely, the NFL is censoring its athletes by not letting them protest peacefully

Comment

Witnesses in the case were there, and potential jurors, and Robinson was broadcasting inaccurate information about the case. A slippery lawyer could potentially argue that his clients can't get a fair trial because of the potential distorted evidence, if that happens then the case could be dropped and these subhumans could walk free.

People protest and speak outside courts all the time, but if any demonstration could potentially have a detrimental effect on the case then they have to end Surely that's common sense? The same rules generally apply in America too. At least they do at the supreme Court.

Comment

I agree that there's a lot of censorship in America. Social media like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc. all censor content.

Conversely, the NFL is censoring its athletes by not letting them protest peacefully
            Usually employers have a problem when their employees do things that offend a good chunk of their customers publicly and on the job.

Comment

Social media and the NFL are private platforms who's only obligation is to their advertisers and sponsors. They couldn't care less about free speech or any political ideology unless it interferes with their cash flow.

It's also worth noting that the current president encouraged NFL owners to fire these players. That could be construed as a genuine attack of free speech by the President, yet it's a few triggered SJWs on university campuses that are the main threats to free speech, apparently.

Comment

• Arrested and sentenced to 13 months within hours, that's gotta be a world record or something

Comment

Social media and the NFL are private platforms who's only obligation is to their advertisers and sponsors. They couldn't care less about free speech or any political ideology unless it interferes with their cash flow.
                  Are you kidding me? Social media and the NFL do push liberal ideas, they don't mind losing a few bucks as long as they can push out their propaganda. Now losing a ton of money they might have a problem with.

It's also worth noting that the current president encouraged NFL owners to fire these players. That could be construed as a genuine attack of free speech by the President,
                  I'm personally fine with NFL players kneeling. It just alienates white people who then stop watching that crap. There is a big difference between doing and saying things while "on the job" and with a much, much bigger audience.

yet it's a few triggered SJWs on university campuses that are the main threats to free speech, apparently.
                  The main threat to free speech comes from the private sector at the direction of the "culture makers". Although, government will fire you if you work for them and will sometimes not enforce the law or even break the law when others attempt to have public rallies or speeches.

Comment

• Tommy Robinson is a double agent working for mi5

Please please please wake up and don't support him.

Problem Reaction Solution

Wake up do your research on these fools.

Comment

He was outside spouting inaccuracies and unconfirmed facts about the case that could've potentially influenced the jury. Sometimes when that happens cases have been known to collapse. It's nothing to do with free speech, it's about ensuring the the judiciary can do their job. Here's a quote from the judge who sentenced him last year:

"“This is not about free speech, not about the freedom of the press, nor about legitimate journalism, and not about political correctness,” the judge told Robinson at the time

“It is about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, it’s about being innocent until proven guilty.

“It is about preserving the integrity of the jury to continue without people being intimidated or being affected by irresponsible and inaccurate ‘reporting’, if that’s what it was.”

Lets put it this way, if he did this in America he wouldn't get so much as a fine because he'd be protected under our first amendment right.

To say this has nothing to do with free speech, is equivalent to say boxing gloves have nothing to do with boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X