No announcement yet.

Wonder Woman is an Ableist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Woman is an Ableist

Gal Gadot was slammed by disability activists over her tweet paying tribute to physicist Stephen Hawking, who died Wednesday.

Gadot, like many celebrities, paid tribute to the best-known theoretical physicist of his time after his death was announced. Hawking was 76 when he died. His body was paralyzed after he was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS when he was 21.
    Gadot tweeted Wednesday, “Rest in peace Dr. Hawking. Now you’re free of any physical constraints. Your brilliance and wisdom will be cherished forever.”

Some social media users took issue with Gadot’s tweet including the line, “Now you’re free of any physical constraints.” They labeled the “Wonder Woman” actress an ableist, meaning someone who discriminates against people with disabilities.

“Horrible tweet. You are defining Stephen Hawking by his disability, something he spent his entire life [proving] was completely wrong,” a person tweeted.

Jeez, these snowflakes are too much. Someone tries to say something kind and respectful and gets lit up for it on social media. The world we live in...

Comment

you're basically not allowed to say anything, to anybody, ever.

sending condolences to his family discriminates against dead people. you're defining them by their deadness! i don't have to justify my deadness to you!

200 smackaroos says the whale who got mad about smokeshow galdot telling it like it is is 300 lbs and pissed because galdot is leggy. that's the kind of ***** that f#cks herself with a cucumber

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Jeez, these snowflakes are too much. Someone tries to say something kind and respectful and gets lit up for it on social media. The world we live in...
        I know what you mean....A Twinky (you) block me from commenting on their thread (:gay about T.B.E. cuz everytime.

Comment

''social'' media takes no prisoners

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

How dare she spread all that hate and ignorance, that sexy woman.

Hawking clearly had no physical restrictions and disabilities. Hell, he would have whitewashed Loma in a 12 rounder.

Comment

Well at least she isn't praising slaughtering children and praising war crimes.

Comment

The left just keep eating each other alive. Bunch of sick ****ing ******s

Comment

Working...
                  X