• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Administration Goes All In For Abstinence-Only Sex Education

Trump Administration Goes All In For Abstinence-Only Sex Education

March 7, 2018 by Michael Stone
    0 Comments

After policy changes made by the Trump administration, Valerie Huber, an abstinence-only sex education advocate, now controls the $286 billion federal family planning budget.
    POLITICO reports:
    A senior Trump health official who has promoted abstinence will be the final arbiter of which groups receive federal family planning funds — a change from prior years, when a group of officials made the decision, POLITICO has learned.
    Now, for the first time, the final decision of who gets the funding will be in the hands of one person — Valerie Huber, the acting deputy assistant secretary for population affairs at HHS, a longtime advocate of abstinence.
    Prior to joining the Trump administration, Huber was president and CEO of Ascend, a national organization that promoted “sexual risk avoidance” — a term she used instead of abstinence — among young people.
    Commenting on the disastrous new policy change, Kashif Syed, a senior analyst at the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said:
    This is unprecedented, and has dangerous implications. We’re talking about a program that 4 million people rely on for basic reproductive health care — or in many cases, their only form of health care. Now is not the time to play politics with people’s lives — but that’s exactly what the Trump-Pence administration is doing.
    The Trump-Pence administration is handing the future of the country’s program for affordable birth control over to a woman who wants to mandate abstinence pledges.
    Valerie Huber has called abstinence an anti-poverty program, and has made it clear she will impose her beliefs on people no matter how many get hurt in the process.
    Care2 notes that earlier this month the Trump administration released new policy guidelines that favors abstinence and “natural family planning” over effective, science-based, birth control:
    Under guidance released on Friday, March 2, the Department of Health and Human Services will preferentially fund programs that focus on abstinence and “natural family planning” – also known as the rhythm method — instead of birth control. And that’s bad news for millions of low-income people who count on Title X to help them determine the timing and spacing of their children.
    The new policy changes giving Huber complete control of the $286 billion federal family planning budget only makes certain that the new guidelines mandating a preference for abstinence will be followed.
    Reporting on the story, Tonic recounts several statements from Huber. In 2016, Huber said in a statement that sex education normalizes sex among teens, declaring:
    As public health experts and policy makers, we must normalize sexual delay more than we normalize teen sex, even with contraception.
    And in a 2012 speech, Huber said:
    We think it’s very important for teens to know that even if they use a condom or contraception, that doesn’t make sex safe. It doesn’t mean they won’t get pregnant. It doesn’t mean they won’t have an STD.
    Tonic notes:
    Research has shown time and again that abstinence-only education does not delay the age when teens first have sex, nor does it reduce rates of unintended pregnancies or STDs.
    In reality, abstinence-only sex education programs are dangerous and harmful programs rooted in religious ignorance and prejudice. While supporters of abstinence-only sex education often claim such programs delay sexual initiation and reduces teen pregnancy, the facts tell a different story:
    Abstinence-only education programs are not effective at delaying the initiation of sexual activity or in reducing teen pregnancy.
    Abstinence-only sex education programs are not educational, and rarely provide information on even the most basic topics in human sexuality such as puberty, reproductive anatomy, and sexual health.
    Instead, abstinence-only sex education programs are most often covert vehicles to promote faith-based superstition and shame.
    Bottom line: Huber is a dangerous, anti-science, religious extremist, who ignores scientific research and instead promotes religious superstition as public health policy.
    image: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/410/2018/03/Huber1.png

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progres...fMs4UlcoBVb.99

Many of his supporters are reddit red pill fedora wearing losers who can't get laid anyway...

Comment

US has too many stupid mfers running sh^t. Fair play if you wanna teach keeping your dick in your pants. I think thats fine. Some people wanna do that. Some people should do that. And some people will do that cuz they got taught it in school. But some of us are f#cking. And all bases should be covered with this sorta public health sh^t. Its better for EVERYONE to teach EVERYTHING with sexuality & sex with kids in these sorta classes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Lmao, This is every alt righter on this forum.

Comment

That's a great thing, since Trump never had sex outside of his three marriages and that time with the ****star. I'm sure he was clean and pure every other time.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Many of his supporters are reddit red pill fedora wearing losers who can't get laid anyway...
                Say that all you want about these American memesters while you stay a gibroni.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  US has too many stupid mfers running sh^t. Fair play if you wanna teach keeping your dick in your pants. I think thats fine. Some people wanna do that. Some people should do that. And some people will do that cuz they got taught it in school. But some of us are f#cking. And all bases should be covered with this sorta public health sh^t. Its better for EVERYONE to teach EVERYTHING with sexuality & sex with kids in these sorta classes.
                  thats what they did in our school, and I never had a std or had a baby before I wanted too.

I remember they talked about abstinence and they even preferred for everyone to do that but also said they know some arent so they taught safe sex and the dangers of not having safe sex passed around a jaw with a penis head chopped off lmfao and talked about babies and shit.

I think that's the best way cause yeah not everyone gonna listen PERIOD so if you only preaching one thing EVEN LESS ARE GONNA LISTEN, I didn't care about abstinence so if they were only talking that I wouldnt have cared one bit but they talked about the dangers of STD etc so I made sure I always had rubbers and I turned down pussy if I aint had one and I;m happy the way my life turned out in that sense, STD Free, no babies with some hoodrats chicks I dont even respect etc etc.

Comment

First of all, lustful or not, I dont at all believe in fornication and either does the Bible (sex sin is about the worst thing one can do to their bodily temple) but Im trying to get a grasp on reconciling the following:

1. God first ordered Adam and Eve and then Noah right after the Flood to be fruitful and multiply. Maybe it had to do with their low population at the time

2. However, Paul insinuates that its better to be single and dedicate your life to the Lord but then that its better to marry under spiritual union than burn with lust. However, Paul also seems to make a big fuss about him not having a wife while most of the other apostles did. Im not sure if this later tantrum had to do with his spiritual nomadic duties like fighting beasts, governments, etc or the fact that he had been grossly disfigured during his conversion.

3. Further thoughts. The social monks have always seemed to be productive but Catholic priests lusting evil.

3.5 And when you think about it, safe sex is only fun for psychos
                    Last edited by maracho; 03-07-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X