No announcement yet.

California Ranks Dead Last Of All States In Quality Of Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Not denying that California has phenomenal weather. However, I'm not going to live in abstract poverty in order to enjoy that weather. I'd rather reside in Maine in a wonderful house with a headache free mortgage and deal with the harsh winters rather than have beautiful year round weather but struggle to get by.

Now if I have money to blow, a million or even half a million a year then sure, why not, but this is not the case with most people and especially majority of Californians.
    No disrespect but you are talking to posters that's California born and we still live here. The areas of California that's crap with poor people that's just like any other state's horrible areas.

I come from the San Gabriel Valley(huge concentration of cities outside Los Angeles) and I work in the Orange County. I can tell you right now that there are more luxury cars in the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County than any 10 STATES combined. People here in the San Gabriel Valley/Orange County/San Diego County area make more money than most States as well.

I will be the first to admit I wish my 1 Million dollar home was a mansion like it would be in Texas or Maine, but it's not like we are living in run down houses like rural rednecks. Our places might be smaller overall in terms of price but the suburbs are still gorgeous and great places to rise your kids. Parks everywhere and nice scenery in regards to trees/plants etc etc

The beach cities are utterly wonderful and straight out of movies. The beach cities you see in movies? That's the real thing here in Cali. You can walk 10 minutes and you are by the ocean if you live at those cities.

Now, in terms of city living? Los Angeles is dog crap compare to vast majority of cities around the USA. But most people working in downtown commute from the suburbs anyways so who cares.

You can't seriously tell me weather is comparable in any other state.

Some states have 'mild' winters and some have 'nice summers' but no state have a combination of both like California. Florida's summers are dog shyt, you are walking in humid swamp like air and dying.

Anyways, it's meaningless pulling up stats when I'm literally right here in Southern California seeing the rich Asians around San Gabriel Valley, seeing the successful white families in Newport Beach and San Diego.

But again I'm speaking from the POV of someone making 200 grand and trending upwards. I guess if you are broke California is a bad place, if I was broke I won't be living in California anyways. I'll be in Maine or some shyt and just live in misery until I die one day.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
      quality of life is great that's why we have the fittest people in the US. We out here eating organic food some people in other states can only dream of lol
      lol. Our organic food cost would break the banks of some of these MidWest motherfukers.

Comment

Here is the best way of looking at this.

EVERY SINGLE successful Californian have the financial ability to move to another State, not every single 'successful' person in other States can afford California. Think about that for a moment.

If you are considered 'successful' in Southern California or North Cal's tech valleys, you could most likely get a phat azz house in most other States right away and just live there.

If you are considered 'successful' in other States, you might not even be able to survive in La Jolla or New Port.

Comment

There are HELLA homeless people out here. It's shocking. Californians are so high brow, they call them 'transients' instead of homeless or bums. Come out here and see for yourself.

Comment

I live in a gated community and when I venture out, it's like a different world out there. It's freaking insane. Why do I still stay here? It's paradise if you have the means to live in California, you're shit out of luck if you're struggling or lower middle class.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Real shame, California is one of the most scenic and beautiful states in the country, yet overrun by radicals who are running it into the ground.
              Most states have around 20 million acres of trees but Illinois and Iowa have around 4 million acres of trees. In the meantime California is burning more trees and producing more plagues than any other state

Comment

Please, Boston - don't be like San Francisco

San Francisco's many free syringes are littering its streets

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco hands out millions of syringes a year to drug users but has little control over how they are discarded and that's contributing to thousands of complaints.

The city distributes an estimated 400,000 syringes each month through various programs aimed at reducing HIV and other health risks for drug users. About 246,000 syringes are discarded through the city's 13 syringe access and disposal sites. But thousands of the others end up on streets, in parks and other public areas, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday.

San Francisco Dirty StreetsSan Francisco Restaurants
                Syringes discarded in public places have become a nationwide problem amid growing heroin use. But in compact San Francisco (about 50 square miles, or 12,950 square hectares), where there is a growing homeless population, the problem is a lot more visible.
                Last year, the city's logged more than 9,500 requests for needle pick-up. This year, there has been more than 3,700 requests already.

Still, the city has no plans to change its policy of handing out unlimited numbers of needles.
                "Research shows that reducing access to clean syringes increases disease and does not improve the problem of needle litter," said Barbara Garcia, director of the Department of Public Health.
                To address the problem, San Francisco Mayor Farrell has hired 10 workers whose sole job will be to pick up needles starting in June.
                ___
                Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

You won't be unless you guys vote the same way as San Francisco voted.

Fyi, San Francisco voted D......

Comment

people in manhattan struggle to afford housing, too.

just trust me when i say that you want to live in california over a dead mining town in west virginia where the tooth to person ratio is super, super low. just trust me. more opportunity, more natural appeal to living in the state, it's just a better part of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

that's just poorly researched and executed public policy. can't give out needles without having places to dispose of them. giving out hundreds of thousands of needles a month and only having 13 places for them to be discarded is asking for trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X