Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone went through "The Belt" during child hood?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    I remember when I was being stubborn as hell to the point I was throwing things that broke a glass, my mom was trying to calm me down, but then I kicked her on the feet, then finally she had enough and went upstairs and got a belt, hit me hard on the damn buttock.

Then after she just says "This is what happens when you miss behave and do this, you get punished, same goes when you are grown up, you'll get punished if you behave." And then that kept a mental note in me even till now. I went through the belt one time and never received it after.

How about you?
    My mother was 5' tall and that's probably an exaggeration

She was the enforcer in the family and used to hit me with the dog lead all the time

Never scarred me mentally

However, best moment of my childhood .......

Dad was 6'3'' and a highly decorated vet of a forerunner of the SAS (spent 9 months behind enemy lines) but a very gentle soul where everybody else was concerned

One day, my oldest brother brought some army buddies home and after a few beers, he made the very, very bad mistake of giving him some lip about his war service & how much better trained they were than him

BOOM!

Probably the worst moment of my father's life but **** he deserved it

Comment

Moms whipped my A$$. Everyone situation is different but I'm glad she did. We actually played outside growing up so you were in the neighborhood with dope dealers, dopeheads and killers so my mom's kept me close and made damn sure I was afraid of her and taught me there's consequences for messing up. I don't whip my kids but they haven't been raised in the environment that I was. Seeing where most my childhood friends ended up I'm glad she did.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
        Ah man u have already mentioned it

Ma mayn
        Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I agree with you 100%. I frown upon beating kids. I actually get visibly pissed when I see parents beating their kids in public. I don’t even condone cussing kids out, let alone beating them.
        i dont know how the barbaric ritual of clobbering fragile midgets became such a popular way of discipline. looking back on it might be funny AF only because we survived.

imho, parents should skip the regret part and find a better way. patents are supposed to be better and smarter than their kids. KIDS resort to displays of anger because they dont know any better.

Comment

That’s it you kicked your mom and you could still sit down after?
          That was barely anything

Comment

I went about six rounds with the belt. Got KO'd. Made a comeback. Made adjustments. Reclaimed the belt. Retired.

Comment

Working...
            X