Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I see you avoid most of my argument that I just made. Good move cuz its a losing argument for you in thinking Cletus & company are beating the best military in the world.

And yea MOST OF THESE dipsh^ts with guns are dipsh^ts with guns hence my dipsh^ts with guns average gun owner stance. But yea there are SOME BADA$$ES with guns too, but they are a huge minority + old + out of shape + out of real battle flow + a million other things that means they'll be gotten later than most of the dipsh^ts, but gotten all the same.
    Sorry if you think I was ducking your question, but I was too busy pulling up all the "duck Hunter " comments you made. Yes, the government has superior weapons. That said, they have to keep those weapons secure, from potential raids from citizens. That requires manpower and takes away from available resources in their offensive.

The most powerful military in the world couldn't beat little old vietnam over the course of 20 years. The most powerful military in the world struggled against some Arabs with 80s Soviet RPGs.

The government can barely keep itself from shutting down, with tax revenue coming in, and no war. How long would it last with no revenue and a war to wage?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      Sure its possible. I'm just saying that in the event it does go down, not everyone is going to just bow down to the Feds like you seem to think.
      I said I don't think that already. I just think most of those guys get shot in the head as they are leaving military bases, locked up or killed in battle when they turn the gun on their own soldiers. Or they don't make THAT much of a difference once they go AWOL with mayyyyyybe their rifle or one tank or w/e.

it will rise up to a Civil War like level. How catastrophic it will be will come down to who and how many decide to rise up. And the scenario I laid out for a state giving the finger to the Feds is just as plausible as the scenario you just gave.
      If the whole premise is the government is turning on the people & we all agree some will fight against that then idk what you are even going on about. You just got some believe that an inferior force can beat a superior force cuz you are probably on the side of the inferior force so who don't like rooting for their own side I guess.

Or you got some believe in most of the people doing the "right thing" when their own life & their own families are on the line. Cuz its also a solid bet if we are going into deeper levels with this whole scenario that the government will call upon these soldiers with the fact they've taken their families from the base or are going to their homes now, before the war, to rescue their family as they speak. Or it'll be a lie, but the soldiers wouldn't know til to late. I bet they'd severely cut down on the guys going AWOL right there & sh^t I'm not even thinking how deep they could go with the truth or lies that will influence the military to do whatever they want them to do in some moment of change in US history.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Yes. Not even close. The British were defending their colonies all around the world against France etc. Americans are deluded if they think THEY defeated Britain.

It's worse than you fat idiots claiming you won the world wars.
        LOLLLLL...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            I didn't mention bombing runs, tanks. I was saying military infantry vs american populace, similar to how Hitler rounded up the jews with the infantries.

The populace is gonna be led by Ex-Militaries, deserters, defectors, military patriots, leading small raids in out lying bases and steal tanks and trucks.Tthey are not gonna be just a sitting duck with guns they are going to be an organization.
            Hitler was able to systematically round up the Jews because he first systematically took away their guns (sound familiar?).

That aside, you are approaching this as though the military is going to engage in come Civil War era ground war with rifles, bayonets and cannons.

For arguments sake, let's say 100k armed anarchists decide to take Texas. Once the government cuts off power, shuts down or destroys water plants, railroads, airports, cell towers, and blocks food, medicine, and Twinkies from getting in, how long before the discomfort of living in hobo camp conditions wears them down?

Military can use precision air strikes to take out airports, railroads, hospitals, and highways. When power is shut down see how long they last in 110 degree summers with no A/C, no fresh water (government could contaminate water sources quite easily), no way of self-sustaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              LOLLLLL...
              Yes it's funny how Americans try to rewrite history. You guys just want to be as great as Britain was. Britain actually did it and didn't have lie to appear great.

Comment

The Americans were at a disadvantage on all sides. The British thought they could control such a large area of land, especially the vast countryside. They were wrong. The Americans had been in wars previously and had a lot of experience fighting in all types of terrain. They also had an immense passion to defeat the British. People think 200 years is an eternity. IT'S NOT. The same thing would happen over and over again if this land were to be invaded, or the government to turn on the people.

Here's a pretty good excerpt:

George Washington also fought a different type of war that British forces were not used to. They avoided large-scale confrontations and instead struck quickly in guerrilla-style attacks that they had learned and developed during recent wars with Native Americans.

Comment

Yes it's funny how Americans try to rewrite history. You guys just want to be as great as Britain was. Britain actually did it and didn't have lie to appear great.

I guess we'll never be as good at going out and conquering people as you guys were.

Turnabout is fair play, doe, huh?

Does your little girl have to wear a hijab to school?

Comment

America literally..... LITERALLY saved the entire world on TWO separate occasions in the 1900's.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Sorry if you think I was ducking your question, but I was too busy pulling up all the "duck Hunter " comments you made. Yes, the government has superior weapons. That said, they have to keep those weapons secure, from potential raids from citizens. That requires manpower and takes away from available resources in their offensive.
                      So Cletus & Dale running raids on military bases now??? LMFAO come on man. And like I keep saying there are some cats that can do that. The masses cannot. So it'll be some Nat Turner sh^t in the end. One bad mfer (or a small % of them) don't change tides that strong.

The most powerful military in the world couldn't beat little old vietnam over the course of 20 years. The most powerful military in the world struggled against some Arabs with 80s Soviet RPGs.
                      Go look at the casualty numbers & tell me the US "lost" that battle.

According to Wiki 47,000 allied soldiers were killed & over a million Vietnamese, soldiers + civilians, were killed.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_casualties

The government can barely keep itself from shutting down, with tax revenue coming in, and no war. How long would it last with no revenue and a war to wage?
                      I imagine it'd be a lot easier to keep the checks & balances lined up with less people around. And at the point of a government vs The People battle the government + military is gonna be more proficient at commandeering & looting then the citizens. Money is of less immediate importance in an internal war.

Comment

Working...
                      X