Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ya'll know many professional boxers in real life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
    You gave me red K cause I burned your worthless ass and exposed you for the **** sucking butt monkey you are
    Says some random beatch on the internet who most likely never fought a day in his life. You know nothing, just some little boy who over values his opinion...BOY. And I gave you red k because you're a done nothing over opinionated piece of sheet. Back to the topic of the thread, who do you know?..........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-28-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Says some random beatch on the internet who most likely never fought a day in his life. You know nothing, just some little boy who over values his opinion...BOY. And I gave you red k because you're a done nothing over opinionated piece of sheet. Back to the topic of the thread, who do you know?..........Rockin'
      You don't count. 85% of people on here have put gloves on and sparred.

That's all you did for a few four-round fights, and failed at a lot of them.

I meant guys who were/are ACTUALLY professional boxers, not just bums who got a pro card (anybody can do if you're not in a wheelchair), and had some level of success.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
        You don't count. 85% of people on here have put gloves on and sparred.

That's all you did for a few four-round fights, and failed at a lot of them.

I meant guys who were/are ACTUALLY professional boxers, not just bums who got a pro card (anybody can do if you're not in a wheelchair), and had some level of success.
        No, you don't count. Sparring? sheet, I can give you an impressive record of world class fighters that I've worked with. As for fights, I've had around 65 or so. Let me guess here, you've sparred that many times but never had the gonads to step up and fight? Take you're bull**** some where else.....Rockin'

Comment

I forgot to post who I know. I know a cpl local "professional" local fighters Was actually trying to manage one but the mother of his child is an interruption in his life. I know Vernon Paris.
          http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/346833
          Haven't seen him in years. Met him when he was being trained by my son trainer in Detroit. Good dude but he got outside issues he needed to get under control.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I forgot to post who I know. I know a cpl local "professional" local fighters Was actually trying to manage one but the mother of his child is an interruption in his life. I know Vernon Paris.
            Haven't seen him in years. Met him when he was being trained by my son trainer in Detroit. Good dude but he got outside issues he needed to get under control.
            Whatever happened to Paris. I thought he had potential but didnt he have drug problems?
            Being with Don King didnt help either.

Buildup to Tim Coleman fight was fun as hell. They were going back and forth over some Btch. Lol i love how Coleman got put in his place after talking all that Sht.

I wanted him to beat Frankie Gomez and that would have put him on the map but oh well.

Vernon Paris has a nice style though. I really like watching his fights.

Comment

Shawn porter used to post here

Comment

yeah, Vernon was a good prospect. I thought that he showed a lot of potential. I saw him a few times in Detroit, Masonic Temple I believe. Have you ever heard of Kady King, he was out of Kronk for a long time. One cool guy......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Whatever happened to Paris. I thought he had potential but didnt he have drug problems?
                  Being with Don King didnt help either.

Buildup to Tim Coleman fight was fun as hell. They were going back and forth over some Btch. Lol i love how Coleman got put in his place after talking all that Sht.

I wanted him to beat Frankie Gomez and that would have put him on the map but oh well.

Vernon Paris has a nice style though. I really like watching his fights.
                  When he got with King he got that Judah fight. He lost so that was on him.

Vernon got a 1 year suspension by the Michigan athletic commission for smoking weed. That seems crazy now but back then it was a big deal.

When I met him he had just started training with the same trainer my son was training with. It wasn't really an official training thing. The trainer would feed him and give him a lil bit of money if he showed up to train. He was basically homeless. I found out he lived in the same apt complex as me. But he was staying in someone else apt who was out of town or some crazy situation. A cpl months later he was forced to move out. He signed with King after that. So he wasn't in any position to turn anything down. If he would've won that Judah fight who knows what would've happened. Judah got the Danny Garcia fight after that. Paris also smoked cigarettes and used to beat the mother of his child. He got shot too. Typical Detroit street kid who just couldn't get it together. He was a cool person tho.

I also know a retired fighter from the 90's, Frank Rhodes.
                  http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/6241
                  He came over last weekend to watch the fights

He was one fight away from facing Roy Jones Jr but lost to Bryant Brannon who went on to face Roy Jones Jr. He spared with Gerald McClellan to get him ready for the first Julian Jackson fight He's doing good. Owns a barbershop and entertainment business and his son plays for University of Memphis under Tubby Smith
                  http://gotigersgo.com/roster.aspx?rp...42&path=mbball

But these stories I hear makes me realize why fighters sign with Haymon. Boxing is a dirty business and one punch can change your tax bracket for better or worse

This was the trainer Humberto "Coach Magic" Ayala. He trained Tommy Hears for his last fight. Has a gym on Fraser, MI now.

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 01-28-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    yeah, Vernon was a good prospect. I thought that he showed a lot of potential. I saw him a few times in Detroit, Masonic Temple I believe. Have you ever heard of Kady King, he was out of Kronk for a long time. One cool guy......Rockin'
                    So you're the famous Rockin' :lol I heard of Kady but kinda lost track with him.

I'm trying to think of this Mexican boxer from Pontiac I knew. He fought out of Azteca and fought on ESPN. This was in the 90's. I worked with him a Lowe's in the early 2000's. You know who I'm talking about?

Comment

So you're the famous Rockin' :lol I heard of Kady but kinda lost track with him.

I'm trying to think of this Mexican boxer from Pontiac I knew. He fought out of Azteca and fought on ESPN. This was in the 90's. I worked with him a Lowe's in the early 2000's. You know who I'm talking about?
                      Tony Rodriguez?.......Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X