Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bombshell Memo on FISA Surveillance Shows Abuse of Power 'Far Worse Than Watergate'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    Please provide evidence that FBI paid Steele a cent
    I stand corrected.

They authorized payment to Steele, but then reneged on paying him.

And they did not disclose either of those facts to the FISA court.

The FBI officially authorized payments to Christopher Steele, who wrote the infamous Trump-Russia dossier, but then fired the former British spy for lying to agents about his covert leaks to the news media.

Source, full story:
    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/4/fbi-authorized-christopher-steele-payments-dossier/

Comment

• Back in 2013, Adam Schiff called for FISA transparency...on Russian TV!

2013- "I want to make the FISA court more transparent so the American people can understand what's being done in their name, in the name of national security."

2018- "Making the FISA memo transparent is a danger to national security and the American people don't need to see it because they won't understand it."

https://truepundit.com/flashback-ada...sian-tv-video/

Comment

• The flip flopping on both sides with regards to the FISA stuff is really aggravating. Literally every person I've seen comment on this had a different position years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          The flip flopping on both sides with regards to the FISA stuff is really aggravating. Literally every person I've seen comment on this had a different position years ago.
          Good point! Politics...

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Back in 2013, Adam Schiff called for FISA transparency...on Russian TV!

2013- "I want to make the FISA court more transparent so the American people can understand what's being done in their name, in the name of national security."

2018- "Making the FISA memo transparent is a danger to national security and the American people don't need to see it because they won't understand it."

https://truepundit.com/flashback-ada...sian-tv-video/
            Good catch!

I embedded video...

Haha, Schiff also gave that interview on RT (former Russia Today), the official Russian propaganda channel funded by the Russian government.

Comment

• IMO, the Dems were really stupid to cause such a fuss as it gave the memo much more oxygen than it deserved

If they simply said "we've read it, it's a nothing burger approved by someone with little credibility, leave it up to the authorities, etc", the issue might be virtually dead by now

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                Good catch!

I embedded video...

Haha, Schiff also gave that interview on RT (former Russia Today), the official Russian propaganda channel funded by the Russian government.

Partisan politics at it's ugliest.

He even said it on RUSSIAN television!!!!

This is great stuff to use in debate on this topic. A wonderful find there.

Comment

IMO, the Dems were really stupid to cause such a fuss as it gave the memo much more oxygen than it deserved

If they simply said "we've read it, it's a nothing burger approved by someone with little credibility, leave it up to the authorities, etc", the issue might be virtually dead by now
                  Makes you wonder why they were up in such a panic if there is "apparently nothing"... Besides potential unsavory usage of FISA to spy on the Trump campaign and perhaps influence the elction... There is more than meets the eye. It was perhaps that this Memo is a beginning of more to come?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    Makes you wonder why they were up in such a panic if there is "apparently nothing"... Besides potential unsavory usage of FISA to spy on the Trump campaign and perhaps influence the elction... There is more than meets the eye. It was perhaps that this Memo is a beginning of more to come?
                    Might be but if this was boxing, a fight between Nunes & others vs FBI, DOJ, etc would be the biggest mismatch in history

I think it's more logical to take things at face value

FBI, etc dont always fight fair and you'd be very naive to think otherwise

Meanwhile, Nunes (he has form) and others are trying to:

a. discredit Mueller & anybody else that has Trump in their sights; and

b. distract people in the process

Just politics as far as I can see

Comment

Might be but if this was boxing, a fight between Nunes & others vs FBI, DOJ, etc would be the biggest mismatch in history

I think it's more logical to take things at face value

FBI, etc dont always fight fair and you'd be very naive to think otherwise

Meanwhile, Nunes (he has form) and others are trying to:

a. discredit Mueller & anybody else that has Trump in their sights; and

b. distract people in the process

Just politics as far as I can see
                      Politics is indeed a game where the rules are bended and changed most of the time...

Comment

Working...
                      X