Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bombshell Memo on FISA Surveillance Shows Abuse of Power 'Far Worse Than Watergate'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Ok...I'm just going to come out and say it...I'm very underwhelmed by this whole thing. It felt like we were promised the fireworks show from Disneyland and got a pack of Roman candles instead.

Comment

• Looks like a Memo 2: Electric Boogaloo is on its way.

Comment

• Rosenstein and Mueller are ****ed. They are gonna get fired. This warrant gives President Trump a good enough reason to fire them

Comment

• Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
            Rosenstein and Mueller are ****ed. They are gonna get fired. This warrant gives President Trump a good enough reason to fire them
            The guy who saw the actual FISA application and actually wrote the memo, Trey Gowdy, said the Mueller investigation should continue. I don't understand how you come to that conclusion when the man involved didn't come to that conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Peen 50 View Post
              Looks like a Memo 2: Electric Boogaloo is on its way.

when you hit rock bottom keep digging

Comment

• After 6 months of this investigation this is all we get. ONE FISA application out of hundreds. No indictments. No guilty pleas. Not even a statement of wrongdoing.

After 4 months of Mueller investigation we had 2 indictments and a guilty plea. After 7 months we had another guilty plea.

But some are trying to make the Mueller investigation seem like a nothingburger and the memo seem like a nail in the coffin for Mueller

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  LMAO !!!!
                  Oh this is tough. A Republican official with inside information extending way beyond the memo says one thing that is corroborated by my reading of the memo itself, and some guy on the internet says another thing. Hard decision to make but I think I'm gonna side with the former. Thanks for providing your opinion I guess.
                  That has nothing to do with the fact that the FBI and DOJ lied to a FISA court.

Can you please address that, then we can move on to whatever you were talking about there.

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Is your ego so big that you think you invented or have some unique right to use the term superfan? I wasn't thinking of you when I said it, I was thinking of a word that describes that posters in this thread that are trying and failing to demonstrate that the "bombshell" turned out to be as big as they were lead to believe.
                  Don't try and put this on me, you cutting-and-pasting witty remarks I make. It's pathetic for a grown man to be trying to talk like another man.

If you want to try and be witty with me, come up with something witty and say it. Don't just repeat back to me what I said. It's kinda silly and bit unoriginal, don't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                    The reason that I take an interest in US politics and your economy is that the major investor in my business is an American hedge fund with $100s of billions under management.
                    Gotcha.

Thanks for the background.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                    Inflationary fears are, in a relative sense, old news with US bond yields increasing quite rapidly for weeks now.
                    Inflation is an interesting one. Now I'll admit that I thought Obama would bring on more inflation than he actually did, it's getting to that point that to me it's almost at a 'crying wolf' state.

People do fear it, as the best (as well as the usual) way to combat it is to raise interest rates, which in turn slows economic activity.

What's more, the impact upon the budget of tax cuts and infrastructure investment has been on the table for more than a year
                    I'm really not sure what you're saying here. Can you please rephrase it.

While there is a very good case to be made for the market simply being over-heated, my investor is really concerned about the turmoil in Washington and is looking to ship a lot of money offshore
                    I truly believe this country is about to explode economically. And I mean in a good way.

The 1980s were the biggest boom we'd seen in decades, and we had peace to boot.

The underlying economic theory was supply-side economics and smaller government. Economic activity topped out at over 7% annual GDP growth. (Contrast that to Obama, who only had one fiscal quarter break 5%).

Investors made a killing and the middle class prospered like they haven't since.

Trump espoused supply-side economics and is (as promised) slashing regulations.

I can't tell the future, but I truly believe that past performance is best predictor of future performance.

You tell your boss it should be very safe, and profitable here.

If you'd like to start off on a better foot, I'm all for it.
                    Last edited by 1bad65; 02-02-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
                      Rosenstein and Mueller are ****ed. They are gonna get fired. This warrant gives President Trump a good enough reason to fire them
                      Funny you say that.

Even CNN is all but saying he's getting a Trump firing.

Rosenstein is only mentioned once in the memo itself, as one of multiple officials who signed one of the three FISA renewals for Page.

Will that matter to Trump? Trump isn't saying whether he will fire Rosenstein, but he also did not exactly give him a vote of confidence Friday.

"You figure that one out," Trump said
                      with a scowl when asked by reporters in the Oval Office if he was considering firing his deputy attorney general.

One way to read the tea leaves about Rosenstein's fate in the memo: Other officials he's listed alongside approving FISA warrants include former FBI Director James Comey (fired by Trump), former acting Attorney General Sally Yates (fired by Trump) and McCabe (stepped down this week).

Source, full story:
                      https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/polit...ans/index.html

LMFAO!! at Trump!!

It sounds like Rosenstein better get his resume updated.

Here's video of Trump being asked about firing Rosenstein, and his priceless response. It's within the first minute, but the rest of the video is quite good.

Comment

Working...
                      X