Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Immigration, is it a Problem or Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is more of a problem other places than where I am in NJ.

I think if you fine and imprison those that use illegal immigrant workers than you can fix the problem because without the ability to earn money I think the illegal immigrants would be less likely to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Well, I say no to borders. World should belong to all human beings.
      If the world had one unified religion and political agenda then there would be no issue with open borders.

Unfortunately I don't think you are bright enough to realize that the world in its current form would never be able to sustain such an endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        If the world had one unified religion and political agenda then there would be no issue with open borders.

Unfortunately I don't think you are bright enough to realize that the world in its current form would never be able to sustain such an endeavor.
        He's got that leftist dream of one Marxist world

Comment

Yes it is a huge problem. The way to combat it is to not make it easy for illegals to reap rewards of our education, medical, and social services systems. Enforce laws already in place to hold employers accountable if they hire illegals. If you cut off the services, handouts and jobs they are entering the country for, there won't be as many coming here. No more anchor babies.

While I do think we need to enforce our borders, I'm not sure the wall will be all that effective. But, it's better than not having anything at all. We also need to put an end to chain-migration. The terrorist that just blew his face off in NY recently was a product of chain migration, the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Yes it is a huge problem. The way to combat it is to not make it easy for illegals to reap rewards of our education, medical, and social services systems. Enforce laws already in place to hold employers accountable if they hire illegals. If you cut off the services, handouts and jobs they are entering the country for, there won't be as many coming here. No more anchor babies.

While I do think we need to enforce our borders, I'm not sure the wall will be all that effective. But, it's better than not having anything at all. We also need to put an end to chain-migration. The terrorist that just blew his face off in NY recently was a product of chain migration, the gift that keeps on giving.
            Fill me in here - what social services programs are illegals eligible for?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              They're eligible for some and not others. I'm not 100%, but I think it's that they're eligible for WIC and TANF, but not SNAP.

Comment

So here I am doing your research and homework for you again...no need to thank me.

The new report follows another that found President Obama seeking $17,613 for every new illegal minor, more than Social Security retirees get.

Richwine noted that illegal immigrants are barred from directly receiving welfare, but instead get it via their legal children. "Illegal immigrants are barred from directly accessing most (though not all) welfare programs, but they can receive welfare through their U.S.-born children. Legal immigrant households, which have greater eligibility for welfare, cost $6,378 on average," he wrote.

You can read more about immigrant (both legal and illegal) entitlements here. Basically, immigrants on welfare cost the tax payer over $100 billion per year.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ca...rticle/2590744

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  So here I am doing your research and homework for you again...no need to thank me.

The new report follows another that found President Obama seeking $17,613 for every new illegal minor, more than Social Security retirees get.

Richwine noted that illegal immigrants are barred from directly receiving welfare, but instead get it via their legal children. "Illegal immigrants are barred from directly accessing most (though not all) welfare programs, but they can receive welfare through their U.S.-born children. Legal immigrant households, which have greater eligibility for welfare, cost $6,378 on average," he wrote.

You can read more about immigrant (both legal and illegal) entitlements here. Basically, immigrants on welfare cost the tax payer over $100 billion per year.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ca...rticle/2590744
                  Lol, way to get all big on me becaused I asked a question on a forum.

Not to mention that you didn't even answer my question.

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  They're eligible for some and not others. I'm not 100%, but I think it's that they're eligible for WIC and TANF, but not SNAP.
                  Just looked up these particular ones to verify
                  SNAP & TANF - No
                  WIC - Yes

EDIT: Looking up some others
                  Medicaid, SSI - No
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-13-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Here, I'll provide for you a leftwing liberal rag. Don't want you to call it bias news.

A projected $650 million in welfare benefits will be distributed to illegal alien parents in 2013, county officials said Monday.

Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich announced the latest figures from the Department of Public Social Services, which showed more than $376 million in CalWORKs benefits and food stamps combined have been distributed through July to illegal alien parents for their native-born children.

Approximately $54 million in welfare payments are issued each month, consisting of nearly $20 million in CalWORKs and $34 million in food stamp issuances, according to the data.

An estimated 100,000 children of 60,000 undocumented parents receive aid in Los Angeles County, according to Antonovich, who said this year’s projections — up about $1 million from the nearly $53 million in total benefits issued in July 2012 — underscore the economic impact of the nation’s immigration debate.

“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education.”
                    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...fare-benefits/

Comment

Hey Brometheus Bob, here's a few questions for you? Why should the USA be obligated to feed, clothe, and provide social services to illegal aliens? Wouldn't this money be better spent on American citizens? Why should illegal aliens be qualified for state financial aid to go to our universities?

In fact, I would like the residential liberals here to answer these questions. Why should American tax money provide these services to illegals that violated the immigration laws of another country?

Comment

Working...
                      X